LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 133 users in the forums

seattle game who is at fault

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
From top to bottom, everybody sucked
They played a horrible game. May have been a fluke, maybe not. We will see next week tho right.

You know who failed the most especially after the game.

Yeah the players lost, but it's completely saddening of how some of us beat our team up after one loss. just losing the first game of the season, is in the same boat as winning all 4 games in preseason.

No i do not take this loss lightly. WE got beat da f**k up, plain and simple. But does this mean this is what we will be like the entire season. I dont think soo. Give me the next two games then if we still see the same, then at least we still have time to fix things, in whatever way that may be.

But as fans, i mean just goin way over the top on firing everyone, talkin bout draftin a QB, this and that. I mean damn, some of ya'll can call for heads this quick.

The only glaring aspect is that it was EVERYONE that f**ked up. And like i've said in other threads. I bet you we win next week. But s**t the seattle fans supported their team in their stadium even after that first interception. In their own stadium, they didnt boo or any of that s**t, they hung in their and supported their team.

WE throw the first pick, and that was it. Forget how he played for the rest of the game. Please lose the dont accept mediocrity speech, because none of us are playing the game. A true fan is what i remember, when even Rattay was bad, and everyone still supported.

the QB is ONE of the most important positions in the game, not the only one. Schaub played like crap 9/17, 1TD, 1INT, 107yds, but uh oh, running game 175+ with 2tds, not too mention 2 defensive TD's, and they beat the damn Colts.

Just goes to show that if the QB isnt playing all that great, a True championship Team, will find a way to win. Blame just Smith all you want, but if you put it all on his shoulders, it's more hate for the player, then anger at the entire team, and that aint right.

The Oline broke down, timing was off, Smith threw off Target, crazy penalties, defensive breakdowns, etc. The list could go on and on. But do we harper or the past now, or straighten the f**k up, and whoop some ass on National TV.

Either Way, Win Next Week, Go NIners

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Sep 12, 2010 at 18:58:22 ]
my biggest problem is with the secondary... we are not going to score in every redzone situation, of course it has to get better than 2 fielgoal in 3 trips, but still we were playing a very good game time of position was excellent, the 12man was mute and then Crabtree shows his lack of consistency and cause an int... then you expect the top defence we are suppouse to have to show up and istead its school by a guy who hasnt play in the NFL the last two years then brown do the same... terrible

1- Nate - Brown (bad secondary)
2- The whole defense
3- the o-line
4- Alex
5- playcalling
this was meant for the "two words" thread:

1. unprepared. inexcusable for a second yr OC to hang your qb and offense when you obviously are scrambling for the right play coz you're not ready for a given situation.
2. imploded. allowing yourself as HC to lose your team the moment they realize you're unable to adjust on both sides of the ball. pretty certain that isn't what walsh told u.

is sing's job on the line? not coz of this 1st game. sure it doesn't look good comin flat out the gate what with all the offseason hype and all...but it's on him to fix this. like now. as in before the home opener. this catastrophy was expected to come from the other team who's currently in transition.

-captain obvious #1 is to have a serious sitdown with raye and determine if he's done. if so, then be damn sure you've got the right replacement.
-2nd is find the answer to the line. doesn't matter if drew brees decided to play for the home team next week, if a defense is gonna blitz & stunt your line to hell you better find a way to still protect your qb from havin to constantly throw off the back or on the run. in contrast, there was one play where Hasselbeck dropped back, then stopped choppin his feet, waited, then picked his shot. cant say i've ever seen alex have a chance to do anything close.
-tap manusky to square away his db's from bonehead mistakes. love a superstar play but not at costly risks.
-no more games with diva. he's here coz he's overflowin talent...sing needs to light his fire the way he got vd on page.
-we all know what alex needs to do. been sayin all summer "he's got all the weapons now and no excuses" yeah i saw he was off but even broke ass Hsslbk had help. if the above-mentioned is fixed and still no improvements - gone. i don't say this coz i love the dude...but if we're gonna make a push this season HE IS OUR BEST OPTION. put down the Davis pipe already please.

team game. gotta find a way to play as one. f*ck it...let's get'm next week

[ Edited by craigyboy on Sep 12, 2010 at 19:04:24 ]
  • dugo
  • Veteran
The whole TEAM is at fault..... From the coachs we had ...bad game calls ,bad time management to the VERY pridictable playcalling....and from the players terrible play and all around execution......VERY DISAPPOINTING
I think the airline pilot is at fault. He should have flown them to Mexico, where they could have disappeared in the night. I think everyone deserves an F in this stinker. All I know is that this game against the Saints is almost a must win, which is pretty scary since it will only be week two. If they play like this again, they will be destroyed on national tv. Confidence will be shot. If there is any pride left in them, they will come out breathing fire.
At least they can only move in one direction after a game like that..... right????
Originally posted by Jersey9er:

the QB is ONE of the most important positions in the game, not the only one. Schaub played like crap 9/17, 1TD, 1INT, 107yds, but uh oh, running game 175+ with 2tds, not too mention 2 defensive TD's, and they beat the damn Colts.

I agree with most of what you said, but the Schaub line is deceiving. Kubiak and the O coordinator knew that Indy's weakness is their D line and LB's and they wanted to run the crap out of the ball. Throwing the ball into Indy's 2ndary would be the wrong thing to do when Foster was running without being touched all day long.

Our team has this mentality that we will impose our will even if the other team knows its coming. They know a run is coming over left guard and we run it anyway for little gains. We don't really mix things up in our play calling and try not to play to our opponents weakness. Instead we insist on doing things our way, I think that's what has people most frustrated with our Play Calling.
You have to do the following:

Go back to the way we started in the 1st 2 series. Stay with it. Alex
Run behind Itpati. Implement Westbrook immediately.
Replace Michael Lewis FAST AS YOU CAN...with Taylor Mays.(more big play ability)and energy for the secondary.
Ted ginn clear out the safety and let Crabtree go to work.
Play a 2 tight end set. That could be really good new look.
Originally posted by GoGetit:
You have to do the following:

Go back to the way we started in the 1st 2 series. Stay with it. Alex
Run behind Itpati. Implement Westbrook immediately.
Replace Michael Lewis FAST AS YOU CAN...with Taylor Mays.(more big play ability)and energy for the secondary.
Ted ginn clear out the safety and let Crabtree go to work.
Play a 2 tight end set. That could be really good new look.

in the first 2 series the o line was perfect we had a pocket everytime after that i can count the times we had a pocket on 1 hand

It would be easier to find someone that wasn't to blame. I can't think of anybody. This was a pathetic performance from top to bottom. You would think coach Mike Nolan-tary would have learned how to manage the clock by now. Or even make halftime adjustments. This game reminded me of a Nolan era performance. Unprepared and outcoached. Alex Smith is approaching Jamarcus Russel bust status. His throws are off and his pocket presence is still non-existent. I won't even get into the offensive line, secondary, receivers, frank gore, lack of pass rush from the front 7. It's just pathetic after 6 years of so-called rebuilding this franchise is still putting up performances like this.
Of course this is easy to say now, but I was saying all week to my fellow niner friends that this will be a hard game and a probable loss. I feel better about the NO game then this one.

Walking into the "12th man" for the first game of the year is hard... with two rookie linemen, it's harder. Also, with our persistent communication problems it's even harder.

This was a tough first game, but a lot of people were hung up on "SEA sucks and we are way better." It's not that simple considering the circumstances. The crowd and environment is a fault I guess. Hard to single anyone out.
YOUR A JOKE FOR WRITING THIS. O-LINE LOOKED BAD? THEY PROTECTED WHILE SMTH ROLLED RIGHT. THEY PROTECTED WHILE THE D-LINEMEN KNEW THERE WAS ONLY 2 SEC BEFORE THEY HAD TO SNAP IT. THE O-LINE DID THEIR JOB. ALEX SMITH DIDNT. MAN HOW MANY OF YOU WERE HIT BY A BUS?
everyone except vernon and willis
Originally posted by 5timers:
YOUR A JOKE FOR WRITING THIS. O-LINE LOOKED BAD? THEY PROTECTED WHILE SMTH ROLLED RIGHT. THEY PROTECTED WHILE THE D-LINEMEN KNEW THERE WAS ONLY 2 SEC BEFORE THEY HAD TO SNAP IT. THE O-LINE DID THEIR JOB. ALEX SMITH DIDNT. MAN HOW MANY OF YOU WERE HIT BY A BUS?

r u kidding he got hit 11 times and o line did their job? so i guess gore is a horrible RB then cause gore only avg 2 yds per carry on 17 attempts look at the game agaon and tell me the o line did good
Share 49ersWebzone