There are 202 users in the forums

seattle game who is at fault

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
All blame is on the coaching.

I was there, we look like a JV High School team at times, we have a load of talent, but Sing is to stubborn to change, that will cost him his job. He had better get flexible, and mix it up.

We have been saying this since game 6 of last year. Jimmy Raye NEEDS TO GO. I've never seen a more unoriginal game plan. We only had one outside run -- the toss for a loss of yards. Jimmy Raye got scared and decided to run up the middle over and over. Do we eve run out of formations that have more than one or two receivers? I mean, talk about telling the other team you're running. "Hey guys we ONLY run with 2 or less WRs, look what set we're in." That red zone run after Josh Morgan's nonTD was SO f**kING PREDICTABLE. I have not been so enraged about play-calling ever.
Originally posted by BobS:
Alex Smith is terrible, Jimmy Raye is a joke, Singletary isn't much better than the other two.
the whole team at fault from coaching on down
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Always49erfan:
Hello everyone,

I am writing this from my hospital room. I have something called Cystic Fibrosis and had to go into the hospital over kickoff weekend. I was really looking forward to this game thinking it would lift my spirits, but umm, it really did not go as planned. A few things I want to get off my chest:

1. While I am sure Alex Smith is a great guy, I dont feel he can be the qb we need to get back into the playoffs. I have heard all the excuses over the years and even I thought that maybe now with the same OC, that he could learn the system and make the decisions needed to win. Clearly this is not happening. I know about how when he got here we had a bad o-line, Nolan treated him like crap, and he got injured. But nonetheless, it is obvious that this experiment has gone on too long. I am not just saying this because of what happened today, but what has happened over the last few years. Again, I have nothing against him personally. I just feel it is time that both he and the 49ers part ways, after this season.

2. Our OC. Again, nothing personal against the guy. But he runs a very predictable offense and doesnt seem to be able to adjust. Some of the plays he calls in are so vanilla in nature, that it really doesnt fool the defense at all.

3. Our coach. This is hard for me as I really do like him, he is a person of faith and character, and the players look to him as a father-figure. However, our players need a coach who is well prepared for the opposing team and have a game plan to execute as well as make adjustments to at half time if need be. It is one thing to be a motivational speaker, but another to be a coach. He talks too about being physical with a 'F'. And while that sounds good, if we arent prepared with a 'P' and dont use out talent with a 'T' properly, we will end up loosing with a 'L'. Again, i do like the man, but we need to go in a different direction if we dont end up with a winning record this year. And after what I saw today, I have concerns that we wont even reach 8-8. I hope I am wrong.

Again, i dont want to sound like a 'hater' as I do like these guys, but professionally, this is not working out. A new coach, OC, and acquiring a new QB via the draft or trade I think is best. We have waited way too long in relation to Alex and as a result, it has set us back a good 3 years plus. If we dont have a 9-7 record or better at the end of the season, I hope Jed can make the hard decision to turn the page. Especially if he is looking for funding for a new stadium.

This is my first post on the Webzone! I love reading what everyone has to say. It makes these hospitalizations go by a little faster.

Welcome to the webzone Always49erfan!!
first and foremost hope things are going well with you!! Great post...keepem coming in...I know we'll rebound after this loss...but defintely some changes need to be made... you get better you'll for sure be in my prayers....Dugo
Okay look, the 1st Half Alex played pretty damn well. For the most part the Line held up in that Half. Agreed?

Only we barely Ran the Ball because the Line was not getting Push in the critical points of the game. Agreed?

So this severely limits the play calling. Especially in the Red Zone in that short Yardage. Agreed?

Alex threw two picks both of which were because of Tree who turned before he caught the ball for the 1st one and because he didn't cut off his route like he was supposed to on the other one. So we can chalk them up to Tree not being prepared. Agreed?

The 2nd Half is where things went seriously wrong. When Smith was chased out of the pocket he just stopped being the mobile QB that would burn teams for Yards with his feet. Basically tried doing too much with his arm instead. Missed Ginn on that deep ball, but Ginn would never have caught the ball anyway since he didn't even look back. That's on both players.

LaBoy really hasn't got things figured out yet. He's too easy to burn in Run situations and only had that 1 Sack and that's cause Manu sent a jailbreak at Hass.

People need to stop whining about Smith imho. When you have the Opponent swarming you the way they were and in your backfield as often as they were, you're not going to be successful no matter what you do.

It's only one Loss, so people need to just chill. It's annoying as F@Ck to be in the Gameday thread and see all the Trolling going on. I left that thread cause it surely looks like you whiners WANT Smith to fail. I was pretty close to melting down by my last post there.

Hopefully decorum will prevail the rest of the season cause that crap is uncalled for. 1st game of the season and 3 traitors basically handed over the playbook. You cannot succeed in that environment if you don't take steps to negate the information handed over.

We ran the ball 19 times and Passed 45 times. Frank 18 times Delanie 1 time. NO Personnel change all game long for Frank. You think THAT might be why Smith looked like crap to you?

All I know is that it better not happen at Home. At least the 12th man does not travel so you ticket holders better help return the favor or you're not true 9er fans as far as I'm concerned. It's outrageous that people even started this garbage in the 2nd Quarter.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Okay look, the 1st Half Alex played pretty damn well. For the most part the Line held up in that Half. Agreed?

Only we barely Ran the Ball because the Line was not getting Push in the critical points of the game. Agreed?

So this severely limits the play calling. Especially in the Red Zone in that short Yardage. Agreed?

Alex threw two picks both of which were because of Tree who turned before he caught the ball for the 1st one and because he didn't cut off his route like he was supposed to on the other one. So we can chalk them up to Tree not being prepared. Agreed?

The 2nd Half is where things went seriously wrong. When Smith was chased out of the pocket he just stopped being the mobile QB that would burn teams for Yards with his feet. Basically tried doing too much with his arm instead. Missed Ginn on that deep ball, but Ginn would never have caught the ball anyway since he didn't even look back. That's on both players.

LaBoy really hasn't got things figured out yet. He's too easy to burn in Run situations and only had that 1 Sack and that's cause Manu sent a jailbreak at Hass.

People need to stop whining about Smith imho. When you have the Opponent swarming you the way they were and in your backfield as often as they were, you're not going to be successful no matter what you do.

It's only one Loss, so people need to just chill. It's annoying as F@Ck to be in the Gameday thread and see all the Trolling going on. I left that thread cause it surely looks like you whiners WANT Smith to fail. I was pretty close to melting down by my last post there.

Hopefully decorum will prevail the rest of the season cause that crap is uncalled for. 1st game of the season and 3 traitors basically handed over the playbook. You cannot succeed in that environment if you don't take steps to negate the information handed over.

We ran the ball 19 times and Passed 45 times. Frank 18 times Delanie 1 time. NO Personnel change all game long for Frank. You think THAT might be why Smith looked like crap to you?

All I know is that it better not happen at Home. At least the 12th man does not travel so you ticket holders better help return the favor or you're not true 9er fans as far as I'm concerned. It's outrageous that people even started this garbage in the 2nd Quarter.

~Ceadder

So, Smith looked like crap because we didn't use a running back not named Gore. Give it up, when are you going to call it like it is?

Maybe Smith needs better weapons: Rice, TO..? I'm sorry but Smith completely fell apart after that missfire to Morgan.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
I'm quite suprised there hasn't been much comment about Clements perfromance. Personally, aside from the INT, I though he was awful and arguably resposnible for the turning point in the game with that stupid penalty which gifted SEA a 1st Down, up until that point the 49ers had controlled the game Offensively and Defensively.

I thought the O-Line was very poor and as soon as SEA started blitzing (2nd Qtr Onwards) didnt have any idea and this affected Smith.

Smith didnt have a great game, however, when he had time in teh 1st Qtr was 9/10
Originally posted by Joecool:

~Ceadder

So, Smith looked like crap because we didn't use a running back not named Gore. Give it up, when are you going to call it like it is?

Maybe Smith needs better weapons: Rice, TO..? I'm sorry but Smith completely fell apart after that missfire to Morgan.

No he didn't and that "misfire" was more on Morgan and the DB than on Smith.

Holy hell JC, do you even read what you're typing? You cannot discount the issues out of hand without information. I gave you the information.

We got away from OUR game and that is what cost us. The reason we got out of our game was pretty easy to see. They knew what we were Running. And it did not matter what play Raye called. They know Frank and switching things up personnelwise could have stemmed the bleeding.

So you're wrong.

~Ceadder
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Part of me really wants Raye gone badly, but part of me does wonder if his play calling wouldn't look as bad without a QB as inconsistent as Alex.

[ Edited by Hopper on Sep 12, 2010 at 23:57:45 ]
Originally posted by Stuuk:
I'm quite suprised there hasn't been much comment about Clements perfromance. Personally, aside from the INT, I though he was awful and arguably resposnible for the turning point in the game with that stupid penalty which gifted SEA a 1st Down, up until that point the 49ers had controlled the game Offensively and Defensively.

What are you smoking and not sharing? Yeah Nate pled his case with the Ref. But that Ref didn't throw the flag. It was a bad call by the Refs AFTER THE FACT when the Receiver had hold of his arm. That was 3rd down, the penalty extended the series and he bit on the double go.

How the F@CK is that Nate's fault?

If the Refs called it right, the ball would have been back in OUR hands and we would have gone back down the field. But Perrerra will Defend his Crews. He always does. Even when the evidence does not support him.

I agree that was the moment the game changed though. I said as much when it happened.

But you cannot blame that on Nate. He was 50/50 on his instincts because of that bad call.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Sep 13, 2010 at 00:12:22 ]

Originally posted by Hopper:
Part of me really wants Raye gone badly, but part of me does wonder if his play calling wouldn't look as bad without a QB as inconsistent as Alex.

How can anyone be consistent when the whole 2nd Half they're fending off Blitzers in their own Backfield in less than 3 seconds? You're seriously asking too much of ANY QB if you think they should be.

~Ceadder

I thought the O-Line was very poor and as soon as SEA started blitzing (2nd Qtr Onwards) didnt have any idea and this affected Smith.

Smith didnt have a great game, however, when he had time in teh 1st Qtr was 9/10

What are you smoking and not sharing? Yeah Nate pled his case with the Ref. But that Ref didn't throw the flag. It was a bad call by the Refs AFTER THE FACT when the Receiver had hold of his arm. That was 3rd down, the penalty extended the series and he bit on the double go.

If the Refs called it right, the ball would have been back in OUR hands and we would have gone back down the field. But Perrerra will Defend his Crews. He always does. Even when the evidence does not support him.

I agree that was the moment the game changed though. I said as much when it happened.

But you cannot blame that on Nate. He was 50/50 on his instincts because of that bad call.

~Ceadder

honestly he gave up 1 big play, I remember him giving one more catch, but that is not awful seeing as the hawks passed 90%(guess) of the time.
Coaches and players can share equally in this one.
Getting our asses kicked on the 1st game was the last thing on my mind....I'm F$%ing disgusted. So, I blame EVERYONE.

Alexis Smith, pathetic. Diva Crabcakes, toe jam. Morran Norris, wanka. Coaching, impotent. Pete Caroll, balls sweat. Former Niners, jagoffs.

F@$% my day.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran

~Ceadder

Granted it was a BS call by the Refs. However, knowing the attitude of the Refs, I think players should be able to show more restraint and avoid getting called for that, as hard as that can be.

Fair comment, maybe I was a bit harsh to pinpoint him, maybe the double go play stuck in my mind and I expect better of Nate as a player I admire. Bottom line there isnt one specific reason for this loss, there were lots of factors which culminated together QB, O-Line, Drops, Lack of QB Pressure but ultimately out coached, which is unfortunately something that we have said on here all too often.

Also after this result is I was smoking anything I would definitely be sharing as I think we all need some pickup after this!!
Share 49ersWebzone