There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

it wasnt a home opener but remember when we got straight beat down by the eagles in '94?

Its crazy how much this sport is a game of emotions and momentum. We get it back monday night when the Saints walk into something similar to what we walked into in Seattle.

Gotta Believe
Originally posted by MBniner:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I will say though: a win against NO pretty much erases this defeat for me.

After getting some sleep Im leaning toward the idea that yesterdays game was a total fluke. After all didn't we beat the Bears something like 49-7 in the 2003 opener only to go 7-9 for the season?

My point is, just like fluke wins...there are weird losses. I'm hoping (in my little niner homer heart) that this was one of them and we just got a wake up call.

Beating the saints would be huge.

agreed, beating the damn saints will let me forget this crap. i honestly know that wasnt our team out there yesterday.

No, unfortunately that was our team out there. That's been our team for the last 4 years; nothing has changed. We are going to get smoked by the Saints; say hello to 0-2. Think we can cover their receivers? What's Brees going to do to us with all that time. Again, people, with the koolaid, lay off it. Again and again, every year. Until we make some major changes, status quo.

me personally i dont think we'll be the saints but if you think thats the way our team will play all yr getting smoked by a team with less talent than ours your mistaken. this whole team as well as the coaching staff came unprepared, your not gonna beat anyone coming out like that. we wouldve lost to the rams and bills with the way we played. i agree with you that our coaching hasnt changed for yrs coming out blowing timeouts and not making adjustments and when they do its too f**king late.

1 of the biggest thing that disappointed me yesterday that our puss ass oline looked like the same crap we seen last yr. we couldnt even get 1 yd against the so called weak dline of the hawks, if we had trouble with noise just wait till we go into kc
I'm glad to read some optimism. Too bad I just don't have the confidence. If our running game falters again and Smith has to throw for any comeback attempt, we're doomed.

Notice how many times Seahawks did a hook and go pattern which made CBs try to jump the route and get burned for a long gain or TD. For once, we need to do that as well as get Westbrook in there with Gore at the same time.
Good Lord, pregame thread already, I thought we were still post gaming from yesterday. Well I'm a faithful and there is nothing i would like more than to beat the saints on a national stage... with being said we are going to lose, 3 - 31 saints
them by a lot (double digits+) - well wont score more than 10 pts -

-Alex throws 5 picks
-VD and Crabs start duking it out on the side line
-Raye is calling pooch punts, QB options, statue of liberty plays!
-Sing completely looses it and starts frantically pacing the side line with he pants around his ankles.
New Orleans ------
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,694
Saints -4.5

49ers +4.5

Its early so we should see the line move up. I'm guess it'll go all the way up to 7 points by friday.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Saints -4.5

49ers +4.5

Its early so we should see the line move up. I'm guess it'll go all the way up to 7 points by friday.

I'm guessing 21
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Saints -4.5

49ers +4.5

Its early so we should see the line move up. I'm guess it'll go all the way up to 7 points by friday.

Wow. That is shocking.
I already bet my life savings on the saints before the line moves to double digits
Easy money right there. U think the saints aren't pissed at themselves for the performance on Thursday? They're gonna come out guns a blazin.
you will see the real 2010 niners in this game. i fully expect to win this game but im done posting in niner talk this week because most of you guys are overreacting over 1 loss and are so negative about our niners
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
you will see the real 2010 niners in this game. i fully expect to win this game but im done posting in niner talk this week because most of you guys are overreacting over 1 loss and are so negative about our niners

How many teams have started 0-2 and went on to make the playoffs?
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I will say though: a win against NO pretty much erases this defeat for me.

After getting some sleep Im leaning toward the idea that yesterdays game was a total fluke. After all didn't we beat the Bears something like 49-7 in the 2003 opener only to go 7-9 for the season?

My point is, just like fluke wins...there are weird losses. I'm hoping (in my little niner homer heart) that this was one of them and we just got a wake up call.

Beating the saints would be huge.


Funny I logged on to mention this very game. We smashed the bears back in that opener, plenty of pass rush in that game too if memory serves correctly. I remember thinking that it'd be our year, only to go on to mediocrity/suck. Just goes to show that "Any Given Sunday" is a phrase often used to describe this league for a reason.
Without a doubt it was a very disapointing way to start the season, but it's one game and the first one at that. I'll panic if we start out 0-4. Alex Smith will play better once everything gels together starting next Monday.