LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
either we bounce back and show we are for real this year, or we under acheive as usual and miss the playoffs once more.

this could be the biggest game of the year for us. if we win, we can build from the confidence and do big things. if we lose, expect more drama and for the season to end before it gets even started
I'm not too pessimistic about this game to be honest. We held the Colts last year to 18 pts and could have actually won the game if we didnt bite on a trick play. Alex had a decent game that game as well. IF WE ARE PREPARED it should be a good game. As far as winning...I'm leaning towards NO. But...I don't expect a repeat of the Seattle game.

The more I think of the Seattle game the more I think it was an aberration.

Well..I hope.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by MBniner:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
How many teams have started 0-2 and went on to make the playoffs?

How many teams have started 2-0 and not made it.....? Here's a hint we were one of them last year.

What you are failing to comprehend is that we are still making the same mistakes we made in the past. That means that we've made no progress. Why is that so hard to grasp? Same stupid issues.

These aren't new for sure but really.....were not the only team that has issues running the ball, or DB's jumping routes, or clock management issues. Every team at some point in the year will have those issues, the fraction that don't are Super Elite teams and they lose games as well.

I think you missed his point. Unlike other teams, we are consistent at making those mistakes, meaning, expect those mistakes more often than not. It's no different than Alex Smith not being accurate. He may have a good half and on the mark, but he will begin to miss targets sooner or later as our coaches and team will keep making dumb mistakes.

Those issues will be fixed and ideas have been floated around like Smith wearing the wrist band with the plays or moving Raye down to the field. Everybody's job is on the line this year, Sing will not be so stubborn when it comes to certain changes.

Honestly, it's a little late to be making these changes. We don't see it now but these changes will probably bring up other issues.
Originally posted by MBniner:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
How many teams have started 0-2 and went on to make the playoffs?

How many teams have started 2-0 and not made it.....? Here's a hint we were one of them last year.

What you are failing to comprehend is that we are still making the same mistakes we made in the past. That means that we've made no progress. Why is that so hard to grasp? Same stupid issues.

These aren't new for sure but really.....were not the only team that has issues running the ball, or DB's jumping routes, or clock management issues. Every team at some point in the year will have those issues, the fraction that don't are Super Elite teams and they lose games as well.

I think you missed his point. Unlike other teams, we are consistent at making those mistakes, meaning, expect those mistakes more often than not. It's no different than Alex Smith not being accurate. He may have a good half and on the mark, but he will begin to miss targets sooner or later as our coaches and team will keep making dumb mistakes.

Those issues will be fixed and ideas have been floated around like Smith wearing the wrist band with the plays or moving Raye down to the field. Everybody's job is on the line this year, Sing will not be so stubborn when it comes to certain changes.

Honestly, it's a little late to be making these changes. We don't see it now but these changes will probably bring up other issues.

Using a wrist band is very easy, pee wee kids do it. Actually it should make the calling much faster.
  • dman
  • Veteran
We will win 23-21
  • fly15
  • Veteran
before the Seattle game I thought we had a chance... now, I dont know...

what happens if Alex fails again?
Originally posted by fly15:

we'll just blame the OL and the receivers for running "wrong routes."
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

so what was the problem when Alex was 15-17 and leading us down the field
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

guys, this is the only wagon rider... wtf???? leading us down the field???? for what?? 2 field goals?!?!?

don't remember. Waiting for the game to go on tenyardtorrents so I can re-watch it.

guys, this is the only wagon rider... wtf???? leading us down the field???? for what?? 2 field goals?!?!?

dat's ply

Everybody sucked yesterday not just Alex
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Well...

We play Night games very well...we're gonna have much more intensity...home opener. Our run game should be more effective against a team who doesn't have half our team on it.

Bleh..yesterday's game hurt so much and I'm trying to stay positive but it certainly left a really bad taste in my mouth. But..a big time win vs a big time team under the bright lights would help a lot.
  • fly15
  • Veteran

Everybody sucked yesterday not just Alex

yea, you're probably gonna blame Dixon and Westbrook also....
Share 49ersWebzone