LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 2)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
you will see the real 2010 niners in this game. i fully expect to win this game but im done posting in niner talk this week because most of you guys are overreacting over 1 loss and are so negative about our niners

I'm not overreacting at all; in fact, I predicted this would happen. It wasn't that hard, and we should have all expected it, really.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
How many teams have started 0-2 and went on to make the playoffs?

How many teams have started 2-0 and not made it.....? Here's a hint we were one of them last year.
56 - 3

end of 1st quarter...

[ Edited by SoCal9ers on Sep 13, 2010 at 12:49:22 ]
Originally posted by jreff22:

How many teams have started 2-0 and not made it.....? Here's a hint we were one of them last year.

What you are failing to comprehend is that we are still making the same mistakes we made in the past. That means that we've made no progress. Why is that so hard to grasp? Same stupid issues.
Here's the Saints simple Game Plan 101 against us:

Saints Defense:
D-line/Lbers - Stack 8-9 in the box, ru blitz the LB's and rush the DE's on every play. Gore has no speed off tackle and is not given the green light anyway. We hear they have this big body who runs really well inside and outside the tackles but they'll never use him.
Secondary - Key in on D. Walker and cheat inside the 10 yard box; no need to worry about a pass over ten yards (those are just clearing routes for underneath stuff)
Overall - just watch the formations and personnel packages and lineups - they are a dead give-away regarding a run or a pass and to who will get the ball

Saints Offense:
O-line/RB's - double down on Smith, use Bush off tackle as always, use lots of screens and get to the second level
TE's/WR's - this is your Madden game. Exploit the middle of the field and edges esp. now that Clements/Spencer will probably playing 35 yards off our WR's d/t the last game and zero pass rush
QB - No need to worry about any pass rush at all with Lawson/Haralson in there and doubt Briggs/LaBoy/Brooks will be used until the 4th quarter anyways or down by 28 points (which ever comes first). Explot the middle of the field esp. with our total lack of speed with TKO, Clements & Lewis. Put up 50 by the 3rd quater and sub out

Coaching - no coaching is required for this game (see Game Plan 101)

Note: This is the same formula used by every team last year and will continue to be used for all of 2011. I think our counter game plan is just as obvious, don't you think? "Impose our will!!!!" right?
I don't give a crap about yesterday's loss now. I am so over with it! It is now time to focus on the Saints. I have been excited about his game since it came out that we will play on MNF. That's huge!

I will lick my wounds with all my friends as they . Then, it is time to gear up for next week. Tailgating will be awesome. Friends will be awesome. Our Niners will be awesome. They are at home and do very well there especially with the D in the MNF lights.

I was shocked and complete deflated yesterday soaking the agony in Tequila. This time though, I am using the Tequila soak to get fired up next week. I am not going to focus on the past and that horrible Seattle game. Instead, I am going to get pumped up for our MNF game against the World Champs.

Time to move on...
unless brees gets hurt we wont this game, since he got to NO we've lost 3 times to them and quite frankly none of the games have been that close add that to what we just saw yesterday and i dont see how we win
hopefully the saints watched the game yesterday and expect the same team to show on monday. back end of that is our defense needs to play like they are capable and our offense needs to fix their mistakes.
All we have to do is run on them and keep their offense off the field...

[ Edited by CrAnKD4TCRabTree on Sep 13, 2010 at 13:16:35 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sean Payton vs Singletary

Brees vs Smith

game over 0-2

who is excited for the game to see if we can do better and who is dreading it because they expect more of the same fail?

personally I'm excited because I'm pretty numb to failure after almost a decade's worth of it
I honestly will be happy with a close game, even if we lose. Im not a fan of moral victories but one here would def help. A win def would excite me, but a huge loss would be devastating. This is the most import game of Singletaries coaching career. If we get blown out but 21 + point and show no effort again, the season will be over. If we keep it close and maybe lose by a TD, and the game is very competitive, we will be ok this year.
Originally posted by MBniner:

What you are failing to comprehend is that we are still making the same mistakes we made in the past. That means that we've made no progress. Why is that so hard to grasp? Same stupid issues.

These aren't new for sure but really.....were not the only team that has issues running the ball, or DB's jumping routes, or clock management issues. Every team at some point in the year will have those issues, the fraction that don't are Super Elite teams and they lose games as well.

These aren't new for sure but really.....were not the only team that has issues running the ball, or DB's jumping routes, or clock management issues. Every team at some point in the year will have those issues, the fraction that don't are Super Elite teams and they lose games as well.

I think you missed his point. Unlike other teams, we are consistent at making those mistakes, meaning, expect those mistakes more often than not. It's no different than Alex Smith not being accurate. He may have a good half and on the mark, but he will begin to miss targets sooner or later as our coaches and team will keep making dumb mistakes.
Originally posted by Joecool:

I think you missed his point. Unlike other teams, we are consistent at making those mistakes, meaning, expect those mistakes more often than not. It's no different than Alex Smith not being accurate. He may have a good half and on the mark, but he will begin to miss targets sooner or later as our coaches and team will keep making dumb mistakes.

Those issues will be fixed and ideas have been floated around like Smith wearing the wrist band with the plays or moving Raye down to the field. Everybody's job is on the line this year, Sing will not be so stubborn when it comes to certain changes.
Share 49ersWebzone