LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 337 users in the forums

David Carr looks Terrible

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We don't need David Carr... should cut him! We have Smith Alex and Nate Davis for good enough us.. If Alex goes get an injured it again then should Nate davis would play start and then sign DAvid CArr back again.. that is simple!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by joebbadass:
David Carr. Holds on the ball too long, throws ugly, runs like a dork...led the 9ers on the game-winning TD drive. I don't mind ugly and horrible if the results are like this.

SO basically we traded one shaun hill, and picked up another?

hmmm....

please do not insult Shaun Hill again.

Carr is like a faster less confident Shaun Hill with a better arm!

I think Hill is faster.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by joebbadass:
David Carr. Holds on the ball too long, throws ugly, runs like a dork...led the 9ers on the game-winning TD drive. I don't mind ugly and horrible if the results are like this.

SO basically we traded one shaun hill, and picked up another?

hmmm....

please do not insult Shaun Hill again.

Carr is like a faster less confident Shaun Hill with a better arm!

I think Hill is faster.

Hill, faster than what, an ice flow? come on I loved Hill and his toughness, his ability to stand tall and make a play, but I would never describe him as athletic, or fast..... wait are you saying despite Hill's obvious lack of speed Carr is somehow slower......LOL I guess that could be the case, but please don't kid yourself, we can only talk about slow, slower and slowest!
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by seeking6th:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Someone needs to make a gif of that carr dive

That dive reminded me of Elway's dive against packers in SB... but what the hell is he trying to prove in the pre-sea!?

That he knows where the 1st down marker is.

And I have to admit, he seemed like he wanted that game more than anyone at that point.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Holds the ball too long, looks scared and confused out there
I watched the Detroit game recently and it is clear to me that we downgraded our #2 QB position with Carr. Both Carr and Hill were learning new offenses this season and Hill definitely looked better.
He got us the win!
David Carr looks terrible....only when he plays NFL football, my wife says he looks good the rest of the time! Hey David you left your shoes under my bed again!!!!
David Carr looks terrible....only when he plays NFL football, my wife says he looks good the rest of the time! Hey David you left your shoes under my bed again!!!!

hahaha
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hill had enough arm strength to come in and win us some games. Carr doesn't even look like he could do it WITH arm strength. This season is gonna suck if Carr comes in. He had a hard time playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Originally posted by BuZzB28:
We don't need David Carr... should cut him! We have Smith Alex and Nate Davis for good enough us.. If Alex goes get an injured it again then should Nate davis would play start and then sign DAvid CArr back again.. that is simple!

If he plays solid next game against chargers everyone will be saying how great pick up he is and ext. Its still early I think we'll be fine with him and plus Sing said Nate just aint ready.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
If he plays solid next game against chargers everyone will be saying how great pick up he is and ext. Its still early I think we'll be fine with him and plus Sing said Nate just aint ready.

Honestly, I don't think hes done anything solid, since hes been here, and I expect the same against San Diego. WTH was Houston thinking making him a #1 overall pick.
  • flow
  • Veteran

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 5xChamp:

Honestly, I don't think hes done anything solid, since hes been here, and I expect the same against San Diego. WTH was Houston thinking making him a #1 overall pick.

Interesting question. I vaguely remember not being convinced about the pick but it's a time ago now. I just looked at his career figures, and towards the end of his time at Houston they were starting to improve. His final season there doesn't look too bad.

I hope we don't see him on the field, except in garbage time. But with a good line there is just a chance that he can do it.
Share 49ersWebzone