LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

David Carr looks Terrible

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Carr's throwing motion reminds me of Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite.

But he could throw footballs over mountains!.. bet on it

If Carr was put in last year, we would definitely have been super bowl champions.

Damn coach!
we're f**ked this year at QB
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
David Carr looks Terrible

David Carr is terrible.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
In terms of stats...maybe so. However, he engineered the game winning drive...and when faced with using his legs to get a crucial 1st down, he was successful...unlike Davis. He looked good vs Indy...didn't play vs the Vikes, so not sure how he deserves the terrible label.

Terrible is a stretch...but he definitely looks extremely average. Maybe that's what Sing wants in a back-up, as opposed to someone who can make a big play (like Davis can). Don't get me wrong, I realize Davis is not ready to take over anytime soon, but in terms of potential, arm strength, pocket presence and big-play ability (Carr v. Davis), there's no comparison.

I have to agree with your bolded out statement. Carr was greatly assisted by the play at RB. I wish that I could believe that he just had a bad game cause I don't feel comfortable if Smith goes down.
  • joe58
  • Veteran
Originally posted by znk916:

See the banner behind him? THAT'S why he's been so bad.

YOU try learning the position and getting comfortable while being slammed to the ground on every play...
Finally got a chance to watch the second half of the raider game. HOW THE f**k PEOPLE THINK THIS GUY IS BETTER THAN DAVIS, MAKES NO SENSE TO ME! His first two passes, should of been intercepted. The first, a comeback route, should of been a pick 6. Second pass, a deep ball to Ginn, the DB had it in his hands, and dropped the easy pic. His third pass attempt, he bobbled the ball dropping back for the screen pass, then the ball was batted. This dude looks f'n horrible. Big mistake making him the #2 guy.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Finally got a chance to watch the second half of the raider game. HOW THE f**k PEOPLE THINK THIS GUY IS BETTER THAN DAVIS, MAKES NO SENSE TO ME! His first two passes, should of been intercepted. The first, a comeback route, should of been a pick 6. Second pass, a deep ball to Ginn, the DB had it in his hands, and dropped the easy pic. His third pass attempt, he bobbled the ball dropping back for the screen pass, then the ball was batted. This dude looks f'n horrible. Big mistake making him the #2 guy.

Who would you like to be #2...

[/i]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Who would you like to be #2...

Out of the guys on our roster, Davis. Smith has asserted himself as the starter. I had my doubts, but he's done enough to earn the spot. But clearly, Davis is better than Carr.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If he plays solid next game against chargers everyone will be saying how great pick up he is and ext. Its still early I think we'll be fine with him and plus Sing said Nate just aint ready.

Honestly, I don't think hes done anything solid, since hes been here, and I expect the same against San Diego. WTH was Houston thinking making him a #1 overall pick.

Im not to convinced with Carr but I do think he's an upgrade to Hill just for the fact defences would respect the pass more instead of just stacking the box and Gore getting stuffed. He is what most back ups are serviceable.

No way is Carr an upgrade over Hill. Hill at least had pocket presence and could manage a game, Carr has a hard time doing that. Carr just looks so uncomfortable out there its not even funny. I'm still having a hard time believing he was a #1 overall pick, I've seen late round picks and undrafted rookies look more comfortable than him. And I hate to say it, but I'd take Matt Leinart over Carr.
he didn't just look terrible, he looked TURRIBLE! I don't see how anyone, based on Davis' last appearance and Carr's last appearance, could make the judgment that Carr is obvious #2 guy.

If he plays solid next game against chargers everyone will be saying how great pick up he is and ext. Its still early I think we'll be fine with him and plus Sing said Nate just aint ready.

Honestly, I don't think hes done anything solid, since hes been here, and I expect the same against San Diego. WTH was Houston thinking making him a #1 overall pick.

Im not to convinced with Carr but I do think he's an upgrade to Hill just for the fact defences would respect the pass more instead of just stacking the box and Gore getting stuffed. He is what most back ups are serviceable.

No way is Carr an upgrade over Hill. Hill at least had pocket presence and could manage a game, Carr has a hard time doing that. Carr just looks so uncomfortable out there its not even funny. I'm still having a hard time believing he was a #1 overall pick, I've seen late round picks and undrafted rookies look more comfortable than him. And I hate to say it, but I'd take Matt Leinart over Carr.

I couldn't agree more. Hill has a much quicker release. The team downgraded our second option at QB with Carr IMHO.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
anal your mom

he's too busy with your mom

Reminding you guys that this is warnable...
Originally posted by Ang:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
anal your mom

he's too busy with your mom

Reminding you guys that this is warnable...

Share 49ersWebzone