There are 173 users in the forums

David Carr looks Terrible

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by joebbadass:
David Carr. Holds on the ball too long, throws ugly, runs like a dork...led the 9ers on the game-winning TD drive. I don't mind ugly and horrible if the results are like this.

SO basically we traded one shaun hill, and picked up another?

hmmm....

please do not insult Shaun Hill again.

Carr is like a faster less confident Shaun Hill with a better arm!

I think Hill is faster.

No way, Carr is faster!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hill had enough arm strength to come in and win us some games. Carr doesn't even look like he could do it WITH arm strength. This season is gonna suck if Carr comes in. He had a hard time playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

I agree ....... Hill at least gave us a chance. Carr benefited from some good running by the RB's. I have no confidence in Carr if he comes in during the regular season at least at this point and time.
  • titan
  • Veteran
He had some bad passes, but he made a lot of smart decision that put us in the position to win the game.
nolan nonesense lives !!
In terms of stats...maybe so. However, he engineered the game winning drive...and when faced with using his legs to get a crucial 1st down, he was successful...unlike Davis. He looked good vs Indy...didn't play vs the Vikes, so not sure how he deserves the terrible label.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
In terms of stats...maybe so. However, he engineered the game winning drive...and when faced with using his legs to get a crucial 1st down, he was successful...unlike Davis. He looked good vs Indy...didn't play vs the Vikes, so not sure how he deserves the terrible label.

Terrible is a stretch...but he definitely looks extremely average. Maybe that's what Sing wants in a back-up, as opposed to someone who can make a big play (like Davis can). Don't get me wrong, I realize Davis is not ready to take over anytime soon, but in terms of potential, arm strength, pocket presence and big-play ability (Carr v. Davis), there's no comparison.
Carr's throwing motion reminds me of Uncle Rico in Napoleon Dynamite.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:

The knock on David Carr has always been that he held the ball too long, and hence suffered more sacks. The benefit of playing this way, is that you reduce interceptions.

I am not sure if he is an upgrade to Shaun Hill at all, but he is what we have backing up Alex.

The reason he the backup, and not Nate Davis is because he does have the experience to at least manage a game better. Yes, there's not much upside, but
he has played the game.

We have a conservative coach and OC. If Mad Martz were still here then maybe Nate would be backing him up. Our coaching staff would rather not be beaten by unforced errors.
[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Aug 30, 2010 at 12:11 PM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

But he could throw footballs over mountains!.. bet on it

Yes! What's up with the weird 5/8 throwing motion? Looks pretty noodlish to me.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 5xChamp:
If he plays solid next game against chargers everyone will be saying how great pick up he is and ext. Its still early I think we'll be fine with him and plus Sing said Nate just aint ready.

Honestly, I don't think hes done anything solid, since hes been here, and I expect the same against San Diego. WTH was Houston thinking making him a #1 overall pick.

Im not to convinced with Carr but I do think he's an upgrade to Hill just for the fact defences would respect the pass more instead of just stacking the box and Gore getting stuffed. He is what most back ups are serviceable.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
MaioccoCSN: David Carr is 49ers No. 2 QB, Singletary said.

god no
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Quote:
MaioccoCSN: David Carr is 49ers No. 2 QB, Singletary said.

god no

I'm sure that is Singletary's reaction as well everytime he hears himself say it...

I mean look at what he said earlier today...

Quote:
With one game left in the 49ers preseason, Mike Singletary was asked if he was comfortable with his backup quarterback situation.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

“Um … when you say comfortable … I’ll put it this way: I feel good about Alex Smith,’’ Singletary said Monday, searching for words. “I feel very good about where he’s at. I think we have to do a great job of protecting our starting quarterback.”

As ringing endorsements go, that barely registered a tinkle. Singletary’s take on the backup quarterback is that the starter better stay healthy?

yeah, we're fcked.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Hahaha no sh*t. That's Carr alright. Lol
Share 49ersWebzone