LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

David Carr looks Terrible

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Carr was brought in to be the veteran QB to help further Smiths progression.

What happened to all the David Carr sucks talk after his performance last week when he went 9/11?

1. Carr will be fine
2. If any starting QB in the NFL goes down, that team is screwed.
3. Nate Davis will play this Thursday just so that there can be 5 more threads dedicated to how Davis is better than Smith or Carr... (I am just as excited about the potential of Davis as well, but he still needs time to develop)
4. Don't forget we have the Inconvenient Truth who is the heart and soul of this offense!
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Carr was brought in to be the veteran QB to help further Smiths progression.

What happened to all the David Carr sucks talk after his performance last week when he went 9/11?

1. Carr will be fine
2. If any starting QB in the NFL goes down, that team is screwed.
3. Nate Davis will play this Thursday just so that there can be 5 more threads dedicated to how Davis is better than Smith or Carr... (I am just as excited about the potential of Davis as well, but he still needs time to develop)
4. Don't forget we have the Inconvenient Truth who is the heart and soul of this offense!

Unless you're the Patriots.

-9fA
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Carr looks like Alex smith his rookie year.

This may be true. And is expected in someways. He's new to the offense, He will hold on to the ball longer than normal because he may be unsure. He will stare down WR because instead of trusting what he knows in anticipation of the play he goes on visually what's going on with his WRs too long. All this will slowly go away as he gets familiar with the offense.

If anything people should be disappointed with Nate Davis. He has been here 2 years and still don't know enough of the offense for the coaches to be comfortable with him at #2 instead of Carr who's new with the offense but a more capable #2 cause he has much more game experiences.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 29, 2010 at 5:35 AM ]
Originally posted by joebbadass:
David Carr. Holds on the ball too long, throws ugly, runs like a dork...led the 9ers on the game-winning TD drive. I don't mind ugly and horrible if the results are like this.

SO basically we traded one shaun hill, and picked up another?

hmmm....
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The Texans absolutely ruined this guy with those bad Oline's they put around him. All he does is show happy feet running for his life. No pocket presence.
David Carr LOOKS terrible because he is TERRIBLE!
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
David Carr. Holds on the ball too long, throws ugly, runs like a dork...led the 9ers on the game-winning TD drive. I don't mind ugly and horrible if the results are like this.

hmmm....

please do not insult Shaun Hill again.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

hmmm....

Carr is like a faster less confident Shaun Hill with a better arm!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

hmmm....

Carr is like a faster less confident Shaun Hill with a better arm!

The ONLY thing Carr has on Hill is the ability to throw the ball farther.

If Hill didn't get beat to a pulp behind last year's crap offensive line, he might have started the whole year.

Speaking of the offensive line, the young guys are looking better already than our vets did at this time last year. Alex isn't much older than them either. If he can continue to progress, we'll be playoff regulars for the next decade.

for a playoff run...

Alex Smith/ David Carr < Matt Stattford/ Shaun Hill

As a playoff team, you bring in a QB who will step in and help your team win just in case the starter gets hurt...

not bring in someone else just so the starter doesn't have to look over his back....lol.

you play to win the game.....YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

but I'm serious, I would rather have Shaun than Carr backing up Alex.....if we are legit about making the the playoffs....

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Someone needs to make a gif of that carr dive

That dive reminded me of Elway's dive against packers in SB... but what the hell is he trying to prove in the pre-sea!?
Originally posted by seeking6th:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Someone needs to make a gif of that carr dive

That dive reminded me of Elway's dive against packers in SB... but what the hell is he trying to prove in the pre-sea!?

That he knows where the 1st down marker is.
WTF was the o-line trying to do-get Carr killed!!?

Carr was driving for his life at times. I admit he looked like he sucked the big one, but he ran for a a first down, dived for a first down and he was the QB in there when we won in the end
[ Edited by seeking6th on Aug 29, 2010 at 11:28 AM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Carr does have one good thing going for him, though. Unlike last season where it didn't matter who was starting, you consistently found yourself wondering if the other starting QB might do better, but with Carr, there's absolutely no nagging doubt. Smith is clearly the best QB on the team.

...and if he continues at his current pace, Davis will beat him out for the 2-spot. The thought of him backing up Smith terrifies me. At least Davis can make the right reads with no hesitations.

In the end, Sing will make the right decision.

too bad nate davis only knows about 5 plays

good enough to win

hmmm....

Carr Had played behind Crappy o-lines for most of his career. If Alex or Shaun were in his shoes I wonder if they'd still be alive or in the league as long as Carr...

I'll take Carr's MUCH STRONGER ARM over Shaun Hill's arm.
Share 49ersWebzone