There are 309 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Start Ted Ginn over Josh Morgan?

Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Ted Ginn adds dynamic speed to the offense. World Class Elite speed we have never had on the outside. Though he didnt post big numbers in Miami I wouldnt read much into it, they are not a downfield passing team at all. There are no excuse for his drops though. Very acomplished college reciever and dynamic playmaker still very young. Though 9 was a bit of a reach to be drafted he was still a definate first round talent.

I like Josh and think he has great potential. He's solid, but i belive he was a bit of a disapointment his first full year as a starter. A bonus with him is they has him learning all 3 reciever spots last year so he can line up anywhere. By no means he's a lock to start opposite Crabtree.

When all said an done with I truly belive Ginn is going to wind up starter. He's coming revitalized with a fresh start, and I belive his big play potential is going to be to strong to keep off the field.

Before I get ripped let me say i think Josh Morgan is a good player and is going to continue to get better and love having him on this team. I just think Ginn is ready to take off.

I think that IF Ginn has a solid camp and pre season, he could very well end up as our third or second receiver. We have been waiting for Morgan or Hill to make a 'move' to break away from the pack and this has not happened. I think that Ginn will be given every opportunity to compete by the coaches. So far only Crabtree will be penciled in to start. I really hope that Ginn will be able to live up to all the pre draft expectations for us! Crabtree and Ginn, it does have a nice ring to it!
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
let training camp decide.

Yup, Camp is where spots are won and Lost!
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ginn should be the number 3 WR and thats it

Is that so? At this point Ginn is the most accomplished reciever on the team. He has prduced more yards and TD's than any other reciever on the team and thus despite his previous problems, he must be considered a legitimate starting option.

Until he can block, he will never be considered a legitimate starting option on this team. How many times was Morgan singled out in the replay for sealing the edge on a block... as long as Sing is the coach Ginn will not be the #2.
Originally posted by 5280High:

Is that so? At this point Ginn is the most accomplished reciever on the team. He has prduced more yards and TD's than any other reciever on the team and thus despite his previous problems, he must be considered a legitimate starting option.

Until he can block, he will never be considered a legitimate starting option on this team. How many times was Morgan singled out in the replay for sealing the edge on a block... as long as Sing is the coach Ginn will not be the #2.

Given that this team does not have the personnel to run outside the hashes; not often enough to justify being a starter if Ginn proves to be a superior reciever who makes more ploays down field.

Given that this team does not have the personnel to run outside the hashes; not often enough to justify being a starter if Ginn proves to be a superior reciever who makes more ploays down field.

Take a look at Gore's runs vs the Seahawks last year and tell me Morgan's blocking doesn't justify him being #2 based on that alone. He consistently drives CB's and safeties 10 yards down the field. Unless hell freezes over and Martz replaces Sing as head coach, Ginn will not be #2 as long as Morgan is healthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOYUiWu53js
Originally posted by eric90clark:

Definitely Tedd Ginn lol

Wow Morgan is slow.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 5, 2010 at 21:42:34 ]

Definitely Tedd Ginn lol

Faiiiil hahahaha

Double fail at the end they waste a timeout. I think we wasted about 10 timeouts on silly s**t last year. Coach sing better fix that about his own game.
Originally posted by susweel:
actually a legitimate idea. tell u what. ima try it on madden and get back to you haha

If it works in Madden its gotta work in the real life.

well obviously
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Definitely Tedd Ginn lol

Wow Morgan is slow.

Why? Cause a 200 pnd DB closed a 5 yard gap with a 220 pnd receiver after 60 yards... that's what is supposed to happen.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think Ginn needs to show the staff and the fans that he can handle the slot position first. You gotta remember, Ginn dropped a lot of balls when he was in Miami, he has yet to make up for that, and I don't think a little mini-camp proved hes worthy yet.

I agree I see him in the slot first and you're right he needs to drop fewer balls. Ginn has to show he can block like Morgan and run nice crisp routes. he has a great new opportunity here and I would like to see him find his potential here with us but reality is I just hope his competition makes the team better.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on May 6, 2010 at 00:30:53 ]
Originally posted by susweel:
actually a legitimate idea. tell u what. ima try it on madden and get back to you haha

If it works in Madden its gotta work in the real life.

ginn is getting alex smith to the pro bowl in madden 2011

It doesn't make any sense for the position, Madden or otherwise. Morgan is a better receiver and is better for the role in reality, while the #3 receiver is my (preferably speedy) #1 target in Madden anyway.
Definitely Tedd Ginn lol

Wow Morgan is slow.

Why? Cause a 200 pnd DB closed a 5 yard gap with a 220 pnd receiver after 60 yards... that's what is supposed to happen.

No, morgan didnt run hard that whole time.

See how hard gore is trying to run? morgan didn't put out the same effort, its like he thought he had it in the bag.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Definitely Tedd Ginn lol

Wow Morgan is slow.

No, morgan didnt run hard that whole time.
See how hard gore is trying to run? morgan didn't put out the same effort, its like he thought he had it in the bag.

Problem is, if it were Ginn instead of Morgan, he wouldn't have broken the tackle and it would've been an 8 yard gain instead of 61. Also, Morgan was pumping, he just has a longer stride than Gore and when he slowed up a notch to cut in it's because he was looking over at the safety trying to break his angle and didn't realize the db behind him was so near.

[ Edited by mug0mug on May 6, 2010 at 00:57:38 ]