LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 136 users in the forums

Start Ted Ginn over Josh Morgan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i would start morgan over ginn, but i really want to see more 3 wr sets this year
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think Ginn needs to show the staff and the fans that he can handle the slot position first. You gotta remember, Ginn dropped a lot of balls when he was in Miami, he has yet to make up for that, and I don't think a little mini-camp proved hes worthy yet.

Agreed. Ginn Jr has a lot to prove as a WR.

My expectations for him is to consistently get the ball past the 35 yard line on returns. Something that his been almost nonexistent in San Fran for more than a decade.

Definitely Tedd Ginn lol
Originally posted by eric90clark:

Definitely Tedd Ginn lol

Faiiiil hahahaha
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
We need: T.O.

I couldnt agree more. but lets not turn this into a TO thread

lets
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Definitely Tedd Ginn lol

Faiiiil hahahaha

Major Fail.
Alright f**k it i know im gunna get killed for this but.....

IMO Ted Ginn > Josh Morgan.

Ill say this. if Ted Ginn can learn to catch the ball consistently (like a receiver should) then he can be better

I am a huge Ted Ginn fan, especially from his time at OSU, but I think we are caught up in the flash he offers. Morgan is a steady receiver. He runs clean routes, catches the ball in traffic, and he blocks exceptionally well. If the coaches want a smash mouth team, Morgan starts. I'm not saying Ginn shouldn't see the field, but Morgans deserves to start. I think Sullivan will greatly improve Ginn's route running and technique, but Ginn will never be the receiver that catches the necessary short and intermediate passes that keep drives alive.

Honestly, the best thing we can do is have all three of these guys switching positions constantly. That way teams can't key in on Crabtree and their positioning won't give away our plays.
Originally posted by Karma:

I am a huge Ted Ginn fan, especially from his time at OSU, but I think we are caught up in the flash he offers. Morgan is a steady receiver. He runs clean routes, catches the ball in traffic, and he blocks exceptionally well. If the coaches want a smash mouth team, Morgan starts. I'm not saying Ginn shouldn't see the field, but Morgans deserves to start. I think Sullivan will greatly improve Ginn's route running and technique, but Ginn will never be the receiver that catches the necessary short and intermediate passes that keep drives alive.

Honestly, the best thing we can do is have all three of these guys switching positions constantly. That way teams can't key in on Crabtree and their positioning won't give away our plays.

i think if he works on his catching he will be fine remember VD had horrible hands as well (still kinda bad lol) but hes improved a lot i think ginn can too

but hionestly id perfer if we had 3 WR set every time except when we have to run it up the gut each 3 have different things to offer and honestly ginn will be able to own a 3rd CB

Definitely Tedd Ginn lol

I agree with the person who brought up Terrell Owens...
This kind of goes back to the Ashley Lelie should be starting threads a few years back. Ideally you want the speed on the field to stretch the defense, but if the guy doesn't produce then it's really not helping you at all.

I hope Ginn steps his game up and wins the job, because it is what's best for our offense, but if I'm not holding my breath on that. On the bright side Devery Hendersen had the same struggles as Ginn and he's seemed to turn the corner.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I think Ginn needs to show the staff and the fans that he can handle the slot position first. You gotta remember, Ginn dropped a lot of balls when he was in Miami, he has yet to make up for that, and I don't think a little mini-camp proved hes worthy yet.

Agreed. Ginn Jr has a lot to prove as a WR.

My expectations for him is to consistently get the ball past the 35 yard line on returns. Something that his been almost nonexistent in San Fran for more than a decade.

De acuerdo

Ginn bringing the ball out to at least the 35 would be a huge plus. Don*t expect this guy to make acrobatic catches in the end zone or knife through the middle for a catch.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for wolfpack52.
Will never happen even if Ginn learns to catch. As previously stated Morgan is a top blocker at the WR position and Ginn is a piss poor blocker.

no
Share 49ersWebzone