LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 123 users in the forums

Start Ted Ginn over Josh Morgan?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ted Ginn adds dynamic speed to the offense. World Class Elite speed we have never had on the outside. Though he didnt post big numbers in Miami I wouldnt read much into it, they are not a downfield passing team at all. There are no excuse for his drops though. Very acomplished college reciever and dynamic playmaker still very young. Though 9 was a bit of a reach to be drafted he was still a definate first round talent.

I like Josh and think he has great potential. He's solid, but i belive he was a bit of a disapointment his first full year as a starter. A bonus with him is they has him learning all 3 reciever spots last year so he can line up anywhere. By no means he's a lock to start opposite Crabtree.

When all said an done with I truly belive Ginn is going to wind up starter. He's coming revitalized with a fresh start, and I belive his big play potential is going to be to strong to keep off the field.

Before I get ripped let me say i think Josh Morgan is a good player and is going to continue to get better and love having him on this team. I just think Ginn is ready to take off.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I said it might happen when the niners traded for him. However Morgan is a decent wr. He has all the tools, Im just not sure if he has that desire to be special, seems like he lacks that competitive edge.
effing dumb idea
actually a legitimate idea. tell u what. ima try it on madden and get back to you haha
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by eric90clark:
actually a legitimate idea. tell u what. ima try it on madden and get back to you haha

If it works in Madden its gotta work in the real life.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
effing dumb idea

I bet Ginn's numbers wernt far off Morgans and he was benched for a quarter of the seaon.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think Ginn needs to show the staff and the fans that he can handle the slot position first. You gotta remember, Ginn dropped a lot of balls when he was in Miami, he has yet to make up for that, and I don't think a little mini-camp proved hes worthy yet.
Ginn excels at deep post or go routes, but he is still not the all-around receiver Morgan is becoming. No, Morgan won't have 80+ receptions, but he is strong enough to go over the middle and he is one of the best blocking WRs in the game. His blocking alone puts him ahead of Ginn on the depth chart. Ginn will definitely see the field, but Morgan is a much better compliment to Crabtree at this point.

Yeah but you never know....look how fast Crabtree passed him on the depth chart.Im not sayin Ginn is Crabtree, but I am saying Josh Morgan is no lock.
  • ZRF80
We need: T.O.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
We need: T.O.

I couldnt agree more. but lets not turn this into a TO thread
i know people are gonna get mad at me for this but i wouldnt mind the idea however this is pending on how many drops he has in training camp but if he doesnt drop that many i wouldnt mind because he is much more of a compliment to crabtree than morgan is
Originally posted by susweel:

If it works in Madden its gotta work in the real life.

Exactly. You know what im sayiiin. Madden is how we determine if guys can be pro-bowlers or not ahahaha Just Leave it ALL to Madden On a side note the smith to vernon combo on madden KILLS lol. Now.. the Smith to Morgan combo.. not so much. unless you like getting caught from behind all the time lol
Share 49ersWebzone