There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaun Hill Traded

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NFSB86:
Soooo.. who going to do the joe show now with Hill gone?

David Carr.
Originally posted by susweel:

However; thanks for the wins Shaun! You won when none of our "other" QBs could. For that; I salute you! Best-O-luck in Detroit........
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Mar 15, 2010 at 12:19 AM ]
Wow, Joe Staley's twitter has been down all day, and he might've deleted it, it appears!

-I cached Joe's page, these were the last Tweets he left before his Twitter account went kaput!

Quote:

@Ralph209 yeah he was a great teammate, person, worked his ass off, helped young guys, was great in the locker room, etc...

@CoryR21 pissed shaun is one of my best friends...but that's part of the business and I welcome carr to our team
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Mar 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM ]
Originally posted by NFSB86:
Soooo.. who going to do the joe show now with Hill gone?

the joe show will never be the same.

The next couple of seasons I may have a sniff of an interest in the Detroit Lion's Starting Rotation...Thanx for the memories, Shaun Hill.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by zozell:
I woulda GAVE a 7th with Hill for Drew Stanton... dude was ballin against us last season...

11/20 130 yards and 3 INT's against us

Lolololololololoolollolol

damn was I that drunk?? Maybe it was against the Cards I'm thinking of...
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Man....I still can't believe it.....I think Shaun deserved better. I thank U Shaun for everything U done for us. Good luck with to lions.....except when U guys face us.
The Lions got a deal: 7th round pick for a QB with starting experience and a good locker-room presense. Hill did a good job for us while he was here. Best of luck to him with the Lions.
I think he did a great job for us and helped this team when nobody else on the QB roster could. When Dilfer was done as a QB, Hill came in a salvaged the season. When JT O'Sullivan was throwing the season away, Hill again came in and made this competitive. If only he had a little better arm we wouldn't be having this conversation because he would be the starter. I wish him the best.
I think there is a good amount of subtle shafting of some players due to faults of the GM and the coaches and a very big amount of f**kups were due to them. We could use better players but IMO to be fair the coaches and GM should have been fired first.
I don't really know what to make of this -- but I'll tell you this much:

My BS alarm is going off.

LOUDLY

Shaun Hill goes from unquestioned starter to the bench and then traded to Detroit after leading this team to a 3-1 start?

Really?

Critics will point out his performances against Atlanta and Houston. True -- there's some reason there. But how many terrible, El Stinko games did Alex deliver? More than his share.

Something happened during the course of the season last year. Something bad happened. I imagine that we're going to find out at some point -- and it's the real reason as to why Hill was sent to the bench and then off-loaded to Detroit for a 7th round pick.

Folks -- being traded to Detroit is like winning 2nd place in the "Best Looking Mutt" contest where the prize for 2nd place is two weeks in Bakersfield. It's the same contest where a 1st place finish results in a prize of one week in Bakersfield.

The Shaun Hill train not only derailed -- it shot off the end of a bridge -- fell into the Grand Canyon, crashed and burned and nobody survived. Worse yet -- nobody cared.

Nobody is saying much. But there's a reason why this happened. I wish one or both of the two Matts would do a little digging and find out exactly what happened. Something doesn't smell right in Dodge.
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Mar 15, 2010 at 2:31 PM ]
saved us from embarrassment in 07 and 08
Good s**t shaun.
good luck.
Just read MMs blog about Hill's exit interview. He said nobody from the niners called him to tell him that was traded. Looks like someone didn't like him. Personally I think thats pretty low class of the niner organization to do that.
Originally posted by susweel:
Just read MMs blog about Hill's exit interview. He said nobody from the niners called him to tell him that was traded. Looks like someone didn't like him. Personally I think thats pretty low class of the niner organization to do that.

Pretty candid interview, thought it told a lot about the 9ers. My favorite question:

Q: How did you feel you fit into Jimmy Raye's offense?
SH: "Oh, I don't know. I'm going to leave all that alone. I did what they asked me to do."
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home