LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Shaun Hill Traded

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I liked Shaun Hill and am thankful for what he did but come on guys " it came down like a punt"
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Have fun shovling snow Noodles.

I cant believe you guys. Hill was the only spark that we have seen at the QB position since Jeff Garcia. Alex Smith has all the physcial tools, but when it comes down to it, he just isn't a good QB. The way Shaun Hill played was not pretty, but he had HEART. I wish Alex had half the heart that Shaun did. You guys make it sound like our team is better now without Hill.

Also, whats up with all the disrespect towards Hill? He was a 9er. He never opened his mouth about being demoted to 3rd string after saving Nolans job and was always a class act. Screw you "fans" who keep calling him Noodle. He was one of our players.

Great fans.

Yeah it is funny how it is wrong to bash Hill and okay to bash Smith...fans

LOL must have struck a nerve
The Lions? Damn the 9ers FO is cold blooded....they should have just released him.

I wonder if he had any say so on the trade.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
The Lions? Damn the 9ers FO is cold blooded....they should have just released him.

They gave him the permission to seek a trade, so if he sought out the Lions, then thats on him.

I would like to thank him for what he brought to the Niners. Good luck Shaun.
I woulda GAVE a 7th with Hill for Drew Stanton... dude was ballin against us last season...
Originally posted by zozell:
I woulda GAVE a 7th with Hill for Drew Stanton... dude was ballin against us last season...

11/20 130 yards and 3 INT's against us
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Lolololololololoolollolol
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Lolololololololoolollolol

Hahahahaha
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

They gave him the permission to seek a trade, so if he sought out the Lions, then thats on him.

I would like to thank him for what he brought to the Niners. Good luck Shaun.

yeah, but just because they gave him permission to seek a trade, doesn't mean they agreed to trade him to teams that might have been interested in him...

I mean, I would doubt Shaun would want to go to Detroit out of all teams... I'm sure he feels he got a bad deal here...and to *want* to be traded to a worse team, that has a young QB who has shown more than Alex......he would never get a chance to start...I'm sure he still feels he could start.

it just looks like the 9ers didn't want to take no chances and traded him to a team that wasn't a threat to them, heck I'm sure they would have traded him for free if they could have (basically what a 7th rd pick in 2 years is)....but I mean, the guy is a "pie thrower" right... the 9ers feel is not better than Alex...or heck David Carr right?...so why would they be worried if they let him be a free agent....its not like he would have did anything.

now he is kind of stuck in Detroit...he would look like an arse if he asked to be released...and he will not get any chance to compete to start.

these teams would have all been a better situations for him.

Arizona (could start), Seattle, Raiders (could start), Minnesota (could start), KC, Dolphins (could start), Buffalo (could start) and more......or could have been a good insurance for a playoff team that needed a Backbup to their franchise player...Patriots, Colts, etc.

oh well, 9ers FO was just looking out for their best interest...the FO's not the team...if it was the team, they would have kept him until bringing in a real backup Alex Smith.....or one who can compete for the starting job...

next year if Alex gets injured or plays like, well Alex...then we have to rely on David Carr to save our season.........David Carr.

seriously, if the 9ers struggle next year, bye bye Sing.....bye bye Patrick Willis (I would doubt he would want to be here...same with Vernon Davis) we have a bunch of egotistical idiots running our team.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Mar 14, 2010 at 10:56 PM ]

Originally posted by valrod33:
I liked Shaun Hill and am thankful for what he did but come on guys " it came down like a punt"

Originally posted by hofer36:
how long until he beats out matt stafford?

however long he lives.

hill was a good niner, but he just wasn't talented enough to beat playoff caliber defenses. best of luck to him. i kinda feel sorry for him having to move to Detroit. thats an all around bad situation. crap team, crap city, and he wont even have a chance to start.
Originally posted by valrod33:

dont gimme that crap!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Thank you Shaun Hill.

You were able to obtain a winning record under 3 different offensive coordinators: Hostler, Martz, and Raye. Even under the worst conditions of poor play calling, inconsistent head coaching, poor offensive line, and mediocre WR weapons, you were able to provide a spark to the team that generated into wins.

You have a unique niche in this league for the rest of your career - helping young QBs develop into promising QBs. You were a classy 49er that always remained level headed, but fired up the team when needed.

Thank you Shaun Hill.
Soooo.. who going to do the joe show now with Hill gone?
Share 49ersWebzone