LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Shaun Hill Traded

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
Have fun shovling snow Noodles.

I cant believe you guys. Hill was the only spark that we have seen at the QB position since Jeff Garcia. Alex Smith has all the physcial tools, but when it comes down to it, he just isn't a good QB. The way Shaun Hill played was not pretty, but he had HEART. I wish Alex had half the heart that Shaun did. You guys make it sound like our team is better now without Hill.

Also, whats up with all the disrespect towards Hill? He was a 9er. He never opened his mouth about being demoted to 3rd string after saving Nolans job and was always a class act. Screw you "fans" who keep calling him Noodle. He was one of our players.

What is this, Rudy? Calm down bro. People are not lying when they call him a noodle arm. He may have the weakest arm I have ever seen on a pro quarterback. Some people were probably just sick of an obviously inferior player being latched on to by what they would call the Alex "haters". There are fans that are outraged that Hill would be traded for only a 7th round draft pick. Are you serious?

I do think telling him to go shovel snow is a bit mean-spirited, however. He seems like a good guy outside the lines, but he was very painful to watch inside of them (especially this year).
  • Crazyjgreen
  • Info N/A
I like the move personally! David Carr is a better 2nd string QB for the spead offense than Shawn Hill! So we upgraded our backup QB position and got a free 7th rounder out of the deal. Which I should add is the Detroit Lions pick so it's almost like a late 6th rounder! Good Job SF front office and staff!!!!!!!
7TH ROUND PICK FROM THE DETROIT LIONS

thats is the lowest value you could possibly get for someone, haha.

he was worth maybe a 6th lol
[ Edited by TheyHate2LuvMe on Mar 14, 2010 at 5:59 PM ]
i'm surprised we got anything for him, but I wish him the best of luck. He wasn't what we needed from a QB but he played his guts out when given the opportunity. I'll always respect him and be a fan.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazyjgreen:
I like the move personally! David Carr is a better 2nd string QB for the spead offense than Shawn Hill! So we upgraded our backup QB position and got a free 7th rounder out of the deal. Which I should add is the Detroit Lions pick so it's almost like a late 6th rounder! Good Job SF front office and staff!!!!!!!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow I thought Hill would've been released. Good move by Detroit, small price to pay for a QB that went 10-6 as a starter.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Classy Guy, I'll be rooting for him if he gets some PT with Detroit
Originally posted by Crazyjgreen:

How do you know that? Shaun was awesome in the spread under Martz and that was under a pared down Martz system under Singletary, not the go-for-it Martz offense of the 1st half of the season.

Had Shaun played a full 16 games he would have had top 5 numbers. Look it up. Was Shaun allowed to play in OUR spread offense last year? I'm not counting the spread offense in which he had one opportunity at the end of the game where he WON us games either.

And has Carr played in a spread offense before? Are WE even going to a spread offense for 2010? Even a spread offense only requires QB's to throw under 40 yards. So Carr has a stronger arm...big deal...more then half the league had a stronger arm then Joe Montana.

It's all about anticipation and timing over arm strength. Think about it...

I wish Shaun the best and if given the chance, again, he will do very well with real weapons and under an offense that allows him to call audibles and sling the rock.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 14, 2010 at 6:27 PM ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
2011 7th round pick

shaun hill has the s**ttiest value out of any player in the history of the NFL. a future 7th round pick ? LMAO
championship

im sad 2 see Shaun go

thanks 4 the memories man

Good Luck Further On

49er 4 Life!!!!

I cant believe you guys. Hill was the only spark that we have seen at the QB position since Jeff Garcia. Alex Smith has all the physcial tools, but when it comes down to it, he just isn't a good QB. The way Shaun Hill played was not pretty, but he had HEART. I wish Alex had half the heart that Shaun did. You guys make it sound like our team is better now without Hill.

Also, whats up with all the disrespect towards Hill? He was a 9er. He never opened his mouth about being demoted to 3rd string after saving Nolans job and was always a class act. Screw you "fans" who keep calling him Noodle. He was one of our players.

Thank you!
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by teeohh:
2011 7th round pick

shaun hill has the s**ttiest value out of any player in the history of the NFL. a future 7th round pick ? LMAO

Brady Quinn a past first round pick basically got traded for peanuts too

once a noodle, always a noodle.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Great fans.

Yeah it is funny how it is wrong to bash Hill and okay to bash Smith...fans
Share 49ersWebzone