Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carr Signs With 49ers

Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SFGoldRush77:
Now I wonder what Willis will have to say?

AWKWARD

He will say that someone else writes his twitters for him

he'll just say whatever the f**k he wants because he's Patrick Willis

Willis's best line on Carr "we have 3 qb's that are better then him. That's a waste of his time"

I hope he tells him every day at practice, "Hey, Dave: you're wasting all of our mother f**king time here, motherf**ker."
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I know Shaun Hill has some trade value. I really hope the Niners can get something out of Hill instead of just releasing him.

I cant believe we have four capable, and yes I say that loosely, quarterbacks and should get rid of one of them.

I will s**t if Davis is released

HAHAHAHA Shaun Hill and trade value in the same sentence.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Next up Ryan Leaf

Nah lets trade 4 Vick and have 3 #1 picks.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Does this make us the first team to ever have two #1 overall QBs on the roster?

Well, after the Giants, where Carr backed up Eli Manning the last two seasons...
Originally posted by WINiner:
I know Shaun Hill has some trade value. I really hope the Niners can get something out of Hill instead of just releasing him.

I cant believe we have four capable, and yes I say that loosely, quarterbacks and should get rid of one of them.

I will s**t if Davis is released

HAHAHAHA Shaun Hill and trade value in the same sentence.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
my guess is hill will be released in the next few days. Give him a chance to sign onto another team. He deserves that.

what about trade value? He is a backup qb who can win

I really don't think he has any trade value

He doesnt have Trade Value at this point in his career. He may sign on as a 3rd string qb somewhere that fits his style.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
my guess is hill will be released in the next few days. Give him a chance to sign onto another team. He deserves that.

what about trade value? He is a backup qb who can win

I really don't think he has any trade value

maybe we could trade him for a new vending machine in the players lounge? That should help ease Willis' anger.
Originally posted by NoOffseason:

Well, after the Giants, where Carr backed up Eli Manning the last two seasons...

so it makes us the first team to have 2 s**tTY #1 overall qb's

j/k
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I'm trying to figure out why people are upset with the signing. Its not gonna be big money, he's not coming in to start....

...whats the problem here.

Smith and Hill are completely opposite types of QBs and if you are going to build around a QB like Smith, you might as well have a backup who can complete a pass more than 10 yards downfield.

Hillwas done, why not go out and get yourself a backup. Whats the big deadl? Nobody is touting him as a savior or anything.

I think peeps need to pipe down.

because it wasnt Peppers

LOL...anyone who thought that was going to happen needs their head examined. ;-)

I'm not jumping for joy over David Carr, but I'm curious to see what he has and I think he allows the Niners to not have to dramatically change their style of play if Smith gets hurt.

This is a backup position people, not a starter. Its a very small contract for a QB...its a bargain price. Whats to lose? Kick the tires and see what he has, sometimes you get lucky.

I remember alot of peeps in the zone not being very happy with the signings of Aubrayo Franklin and Walt Harris. Lets just let this play out. ;-)
This could have been a confidence building move for Smith. With Hill on the team, Smith would have to constantly look over his shoulder worrying that after one bad half, he could have been yanked and replaced with Hill. I mean Coach Sing was known for yanking QB's in the middle of games and replacing them.

Maybe they let smith know that he undoubtledly is the starter, Carr is just going to hold the clipboard, now go out there with the confidence of knowing you're the starter.

Seems logical to me...
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by NoOffseason:

so it makes us the first team to have 2 s**tTY #1 overall qb's

j/k

Yep.
Originally posted by zozell:
This could have been a confidence building move for Smith. With Hill on the team, Smith would have to constantly look over his shoulder worrying that after one bad half, he could have been yanked and replaced with Hill. I mean Coach Sing was known for yanking QB's in the middle of games and replacing them.

Maybe they let smith know that he undoubtledly is the starter, Carr is just going to hold the clipboard, now go out there with the confidence of knowing you're the starter.

Seems logical to me...

I think the opposite would have been true: with Hill there was no need to fear because he'd already taken the job from Hill.
lol i bought a David Carr jersey his first year in the league. Thought it'd be cool to support the new franchise and their new franchise QB. what a waste of money.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
lol i bought a David Carr jersey his first year in the league. Thought it'd be cool to support the new franchise and their new franchise QB. what a waste of money.

dye it red
Originally posted by zozell:

Seems logical to me...

LOL....um, no. The Niners aren't going to INTENTIONALLY downgrade a position on the team to boost an ego...lol.

The Niners have signed Carr because they clearly think he is a better fit for them than Shaun Hill. No need to overanalyze.