There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary is not the right coach for this team

Maybe SOME of us are just not the right fans for this team. Hurts huh? How do you think Singletary felt when he read this.....
Originally posted by ManBearPig:
Maybe SOME of us are just not the right fans for this team. Hurts huh? How do you think Singletary felt when he read this.....

Nobody cares how he feels. He needs to get some wins.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Some of you guys who keep arguing that we where lucky to beat Indy are missing the point. Yes we where lucky Indy didn't bring their A game, but the fact is we could have and should have beaten Indy on this day and we didn't because of the play calling. Thats it. Whether Indy is a better team or not has nothing to do with it really.

Did it ever occur to you that the reason they didn't play well is because we did? They are a better team than we are and that has everything to do with it, that is why they won. It wasn't like Manning was making mistakes because he was off today, our defense played lights out for most of the day. There are mistakes that need to be corrected, but we do have a really young team, and there will be growing pains. I think we are a lot closer to being able to beat these top teams than we have been in years. Hopefully Turner gets canned in San Diego and we can get him to come back and call plays for us. We are on the way to being one of those top tier teams, we only need a safety, a couple of solid OL, and a pass rusher.

Aside from the bold I agree with everything you said. This team has the talent to compete with some very good teams and the ability to beat them if they dont bring their very best.
With that said, did you get to watch the game on TV? I'm assuming because your name is MemphisNiner that you dont get the Niners on your local station? The reality is Manning wasn't nearly as accurate as he usually is. A number of times our CBs got beat but he just missed the throw and it didn't appear to have anything to do with pressure. I think our defense played great, but if I was being honest some of it looked like Manning was having an off day.