LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Singletary is not the right coach for this team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by sachie23:
Good coaches scheme and run a style to fit the players they have. With Alex, Crabtree, Davis, Gore, this team should be spreading the field. We do not have smash mouth players. You can't beat the Colts playing not to lose. There will be 5 all star coaches available in 2010 (if Fisher does in fact leave). Lets get a proven winner. Singletary was a nice story but its starting to look like a lot of smoke and mirrors. Bash me if you want but the NFL today is about teams that can throw the football.

his biggest mistake was firing mike martz and hiring the joke of a OC we got today.

I'm not sure about that. Jimmy Raye may be a mistake but at least he brings out the best in Vernon and Crabtree. I doubt either of those guys fits in well with Martz.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Guys did you really expect us to beat indy? I sure didn't we competed well and proud of our team unlike last week we played great.

I did. Call me a homer, and I know I am, but we held them to 18! "If the niners hold a team down to 17, they should win." Isn't that what everyone says? There was no excuse to lose this, and now everyone is high on moral victories like it's 2005 again.

Yea but we lack QB had a 50% completion percentage not gonna get it done with Indy and we were still in the game proud of the team. We need a QB!

Smith didn't lose us this game. Raye never put him in position to make plays. He waited until they got down to let him throw. That makes the offense predictable, since the opponent knows they must throw. Raye needs to be less predictable.

Don't help when your QB overthrows, WR's dont catch and fumbles. Turnovers bro that is on the players not play calling.

What about being less predictable? The offense was not put into a position to succeed. Also play to your strengths. More passing and less running. Use the pass to open up the run.
Originally posted by Sugatis:
Originally posted by Sugatis:
Guys did you really expect us to beat indy? I sure didn't we competed well and proud of our team unlike last week we played great.

I did. Call me a homer, and I know I am, but we held them to 18! "If the niners hold a team down to 17, they should win." Isn't that what everyone says? There was no excuse to lose this, and now everyone is high on moral victories like it's 2005 again.

Yea but we lack QB had a 50% completion percentage not gonna get it done with Indy and we were still in the game proud of the team. We need a QB!

Uh, Alex was getting it done today. He was last week too. QB play was not the problem today. It was the play calling plain and simple.

He had 4 bad throws that he really should have made - missing Bruce on the last drive was really bad - he has to get better this is his 2nd game back in the saddle against a good team - hopefully he continues to get better.

We have to Win this Chicago game and the TEN game for that matter - we do that we are in good shape.

4 bad throws didn't determine the game. Bruce missed two easy ones as well. Alex also moved the chains and scored when was given the chance. It's plays like handing the ball off to moran on 2nd and 7 that killed us.

I agree with you blunt I think Alex did fine today but he did make some mistakes but I am extremely happy with how he played - he is going to get better as will the Offense now that they have someone who can throw the ball.

They can overcome Raye to some point - well let me put it this way they are going to have to overcome Raye - I still believe 9-7 10-6 if the trio of Smith/Crabtree/Davis kick into high gear.

I have to say Bruce is the only thing irritating me at this point why is he starting over Morgan? 2 more Drops again today...

For sure Alex did have some bad throws, but we can't put the blame on him. He's changed, and I really love his passes to VD, Crabtree, and Gore. We just have to hope one day our OC actually starts utilizing these guys' chemistry more efficiently. On Bruce, I hate to say it, but he's done. He's totally different when compared to last year.

I totally agree, put Bruce on the bench and use Crab, Morgan and Brandon Jones. Slide Staley to Right Tackle and let Simms stay on the left side.
Originally posted by tavo333:

Alex Smith did his job when he got the chance. It's hard when half your passes are from 3rd and 8... after we ran 2 running plays.

Dude we passes nearly 3 times more than we ran you excuse is not good. He completed 50% of his passes that is not getting it done especially against Indy!

Do we ever pass on 1st down or when 2nd and short? How can you expect Alex to have a good percentage with no o-line on 3rd and long everytime? Passing works when used properly, but raye would rather run it up the middle for 2 yds.

Yes we did that today what game where u watching. Dude the O-line did a great job all game against there pass rushers your over reacting too two plays we for the most part contained them all game. We had 3 sacks so did they. Does that mean they're O-line is bad as well? Not to mention we didn't have Staley our O-line did great today. Your trying to avoid third and long bro even the Colts were doing that.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Good coaches scheme and run a style to fit the players they have. With Alex, Crabtree, Davis, Gore, this team should be spreading the field. We do not have smash mouth players. You can't beat the Colts playing not to lose. There will be 5 all star coaches available in 2010 (if Fisher does in fact leave). Lets get a proven winner. Singletary was a nice story but its starting to look like a lot of smoke and mirrors. Bash me if you want but the NFL today is about teams that can throw the football.

his biggest mistake was firing mike martz and hiring the joke of a OC we got today.

I'm not sure about that. Jimmy Raye may be a mistake but at least he brings out the best in Vernon and Crabtree. I doubt either of those guys fits in well with Martz.

With Smith playing like he is I think Martz would be a great fit at OC. If I remember correctly the Rams had great success passing.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by jcs:

This is more about the GM than the coach. Sing is a rookie HC so he gets a pass, our GM has been there for years and our talent level still is bad.

I'd say it's a little bit of both. The GM has to help with a rook coach and help him decide on the approach to the ball. It's simple - Raye should not be the OC and Scott should encourage Singletary to allow the OC run the offense, not be a parrot.

This is probably the most realistic approach. But what if it really isn't Jimmy Jam at fault? What if Jimmy Jam is just doing what Sing commands? After all we did search high and low to find an OC that would uuuhhh do whatever Sing says, ah I mean was on the same page as far as running the ball.
Penalties cost us this game. We have to get into more 3rd and short situations. We 3rd and long too many times against Indy.
Originally posted by Peanut49:

With Smith playing like he is I think Martz would be a great fit at OC. If I remember correctly the Rams had great success passing.

Smith was a poor fit for Martz too. Just go back to last year.
Originally posted by tavo333:

Alex Smith did his job when he got the chance. It's hard when half your passes are from 3rd and 8... after we ran 2 running plays.

Dude we passes nearly 3 times more than we ran you excuse is not good. He completed 50% of his passes that is not getting it done especially against Indy!

Do we ever pass on 1st down or when 2nd and short? How can you expect Alex to have a good percentage with no o-line on 3rd and long everytime? Passing works when used properly, but raye would rather run it up the middle for 2 yds.

Yes we did that today what game where u watching. Dude the O-line did a great job all game against there pass rushers your over reacting too two plays we for the most part contained them all game. We had 3 sacks so did they. Does that mean they're O-line is bad as well? Not to mention we didn't have Staley our O-line did great today. Your trying to avoid third and long bro even the Colts were doing that.

Yeah I was, that's why I can recall the ridiculous amount of running up the middle plays and handing it off to moran on 2nd and 7. I think the o-line did do a good job UNTIL we got behind. At that point they KNEW we were going to pass. The point is we don't pass when we should i.e when it is still unpredictable. As for the D, I don't blame them at all b/c again, we held them to a measley 18 pts!
Originally posted by Dblj55:
Penalties cost us this game. We have to get into more 3rd and short situations. We 3rd and long too many times against Indy.

Did we really run on 2nd and 20?

Originally posted by Method:

Smith didn't lose us this game. Raye never put him in position to make plays. He waited until they got down to let him throw. That makes the offense predictable, since the opponent knows they must throw. Raye needs to be less predictable.

Don't help when your QB overthrows, WR's dont catch and fumbles. Turnovers bro that is on the players not play calling.

I think Peyton FN Manning over threw just as much as Smith. Cry more.

Seriously lol. He overthrew tons of passes, difference is, he was out of the shotgun all f**king game because that's what he's good at. f**k you Raye.

Manning had opportunities to make up for his mistakes, Smith did not. Spread it out and let him throw. That's what he's good at. He's not Hill. He can throw down field.

Uh, Alex was getting it done today. He was last week too. QB play was not the problem today. It was the play calling plain and simple.

Dude a 50% completion rate is getting it done? Against Indy? You got no chance of winning and that is a fact. I blame this on the players I saw alot of drops, overthrows, turnovers, etc.

19/32 is just a hair under 60%.

Dude a 50% completion rate is getting it done? Against Indy? You got no chance of winning and that is a fact. I blame this on the players I saw alot of drops, overthrows, turnovers, etc.

2 + 2 = CHICKEN!

That still terrible against indy we were lucky to be in the game bro face the fact. Some of those passes should of been picked especially that overthrown to bruce. He's going to get better but did not get the job done that is all I"m saying. If he had a 65% then we had a chance.
Originally posted by Method:

I think Peyton FN Manning over threw just as much as Smith. Cry more.

Seriously lol. He overthrew tons of passes, difference is, he was out of the shotgun all f**king game because that's what he's good at. f**k you Raye.

EXACTLY.

Check our play-by-play. Hmm, our only solid drive? Shotgun formation. Last weeks success with Alex? Shotgun.
Share 49ersWebzone