There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

start alex smith after the bye?

start alex smith after the bye?

Originally posted by Mex49:
Originally posted by BHulman:
I like Alex and have hope that he will end up having a productive career. But I don't think Hill deserves to be benched after this one performance.

Dude, we are still waiting for Hill to show up. Smith knows the handoff, and he doesn't throw INT's either so why not.

You're kidding, right?
Just because Hill sucks, doesn't mean Smith got better. The fact that Smith doesn't start should show you guys how bad he is.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Whatever happened to supporting whoever is under center?

Bet you didn't support Alex. lol

~Ceadder

I support winners and if Hill cant get it done, we try something else. Now, if Singletary is a real man and calls out his coaching staff and blames himself for this FAIL I might be able to stand another week of Hill and his ankle throws
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Apone:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
I was actually hoping that Nate would play in the 4th 1/4. Forget Smith, he is nothing more then a backup.

And this is based on?? Oh I know the past 3 years he has played in which 2 of those years he was injured. Gotcha!

If you dont know what this is based on, you've been high for the past 5 years. This isnt just one independent Niner follower. The majority of NINER FANS think he's a bust........

Really, strangely 55% of that majority still want Smith to start after the bye.

those people must be high on something. i honestly want AS to start and show how terrible he is. if he isn't -- GREAT NEWS. but i just don't ever see him doing anything good until he is signed by another team

This makes no sense. Smith is "terrible" and won't do "anything good" until he signed by another team? If he is terrible, why would he do good for another team?

all im saying is sometimes people need a change of scenery -- ala Drew Brees. his potential, i feel, will just never be fulfilled as a 49er unless shaun hill sucks it up even more. obviously i don't have professional proof or anything backing up this statement, but if shaun hill BEAT smith in the offseason, i just don't see there being an upgrade with him under center. i'm just saying if he started and sucked, would you be surprised?
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
*Cough*, AS @ KC 41-0
*Cough* AS @ Philly 38-24
*Cough* AS @ SD 19-48

And that was only in the first 6 weeks of 06...

So Alex Smith can lose a game but Hill can't????? I thought that when a team lost it was a team effort not just one player!! You Hill swingers and your hypocrisy

Merely stating that you can't call for a guy to be pulled after 1 bad performance, because I was still giving him chances at that point...

Actually, that Philly game was really close until the very end. Smith threw for something like 290 yards in that game.

The San Diego game wasn't bad either. Our D just couldn't stop a Kindergardener from stealing the Teacher's apple that day.

I think that our D would have been better today except for all the damn 3 and outs that the Offense accumulated.

~Ceadder
I was actually hoping that Nate would play in the 4th 1/4. Forget Smith, he is nothing more then a backup.

And this is based on?? Oh I know the past 3 years he has played in which 2 of those years he was injured. Gotcha!

If you dont know what this is based on, you've been high for the past 5 years. This isnt just one independent Niner follower. The majority of NINER FANS think he's a bust........

those people must be high on something. i honestly want AS to start and show how terrible he is. if he isn't -- GREAT NEWS. but i just don't ever see him doing anything good until he is signed by another team

This makes no sense. Smith is "terrible" and won't do "anything good" until he signed by another team? If he is terrible, why would he do good for another team?

because Hill is such a great QB. Didn't you see the evidence of that in today's game? One thing I have learned is that Hill swingers will come up with any asinine reason for Hill and his shortcomings
  • ZRF80

The majority of that 55% would have been singing another tune had you asked that poll question one week ago.......
  • jcs
  • Veteran

all im saying is sometimes people need a change of scenery -- ala Drew Brees. his potential, i feel, will just never be fulfilled as a 49er unless shaun hill sucks it up even more. obviously i don't have professional proof or anything backing up this statement, but if shaun hill BEAT smith in the offseason, i just don't see there being an upgrade with him under center. i'm just saying if he started and sucked, would you be surprised?

Drew Brees was playing like Drew Brees in San Diego...check the stats. Change of scenery...Smith needs more than that to be successful in this league.

because Hill is such a great QB. Didn't you see the evidence of that in today's game? One thing I have learned is that Hill swingers will come up with any asinine reason for Hill and his shortcomings

first of all im not saying hill is a great QB at all. not once did i say that. im not a hill love or a smith hater, im stating the facts. Shaun Hill BEAT Alex Smith in the QB competition. Bottom line. I don't see how he would be an upgrade if he can't beat our s**tty starting QB. I want a QB that we don't have to cry and moan about all day like we do now. They both suck. Neither of them will be an answer and until we get a better QB we will always be in the "almost there" category of NFL teams.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Just because Hill sucks, doesn't mean Smith got better. The fact that Smith doesn't start should show you guys how bad he is.

Great logic. Would love to see what you do for a day job.
Originally posted by jcs:

Drew Brees was playing like Drew Brees in San Diego...check the stats. Change of scenery...Smith needs more than that to be successful in this league.

whatever man you're nitpicking. how about Kurt Warner in AZ or something? all im saying is that it's POSSIBLE if smith goes to another team, that he MAY turn out to be a starting QB. and he might just suck. i don't f**king know i can't see the future

Sucks it up even more?!? How much more do you want Hill to suck, before you realize that he sucks? How many drives did he sustain over 3 today? That is all I need to know to understand that he sucks. Great guy? Check. Great Backup? Check. Otherwise he's almost completely useless.

I think that he should get one more shot but if we are to have a winning record, that's as far as it goes the way he's played over the last 5 games. Wins are great. But if you can't sustain a drive at least half of the attempts the Opposing D will have you figured out and you aren't going to sustain one more for the rest of the season. That is straight up fact.

~Ceadder
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for GhostofJimmyDean.

The whole "Hill swingers" bit is new to me but it's already getting old.

How sad.

That's why Trent Dilfer was the key. He would have saved this franchise.
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Great logic. Would love to see what you do for a day job.

Logic is a wonderful thing. You should apply it to your arguments sometime.