There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

start alex smith after the bye?

start alex smith after the bye?

Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by susweel:
Starting Smith after one bad game by Hill would be stupid. If Hill has multiple bad games then I can see that happening. But right now its not the time. Also how would starting Smith make the team any better, last time I checked that dude sucks worse then Hill.

Was that in 2007 when Smith led a great drive to beat Arizona?

No it was clearly the Seattle game when a 300lb+ fat ass fell on him. He really sucked it up in that game
Hill was the least of our problems today.

why do people always go to the QB first after a loss? do you not watch the games?
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
why not... he can throw at the receivers feet just as well as Hill.

I was at the game today and was wondering why Hill keeps throwing at receivers feet. I was so livid all game. He was awful, and so was the playcalling
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by taney71:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Just because Hill sucks, doesn't mean Smith got better. The fact that Smith doesn't start should show you guys how bad he is.

Great logic. Would love to see what you do for a day job.

It is good logic. It fact that Hill has proved to be better than Smith shows how bad Smith really is.

Proved what??He looked like crap in preseason and won over a guy who hasn't played in 2 yrs and although he's been okay so far in the reg season,today does prove without the defense the 49ers will lose.Once they fall behind too far S.Hill doesn't have for example the arm strength to make plays downfield and put points on the board in a hurry.His last pass of the game explains it all.I rest my case.

Please name me a QB that has comeback from a 25 point deficit going into the 3rd quarter. The defense gave up about 200 yards in 5 minutes of football...

How about Montana... 1980 vs saints
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Just because Hill sucks, doesn't mean Smith got better. The fact that Smith doesn't start should show you guys how bad he is.

It is good logic. It fact that Hill has proved to be better than Smith shows how bad Smith really is.

Proved what??He looked like crap in preseason and won over a guy who hasn't played in 2 yrs and although he's been okay so far in the reg season,today does prove without the defense the 49ers will lose.Once they fall behind too far S.Hill doesn't have for example the arm strength to make plays downfield and put points on the board in a hurry.His last pass of the game explains it all.I rest my case.

Please name me a QB that has comeback from a 25 point deficit going into the 3rd quarter. The defense gave up about 200 yards in 5 minutes of football...

You can add this one as well

The 1993 NFL playoff game between the Buffalo Bills and the Houston Oilers (also known as "The Comeback") featured the Bills recovering from a 32-point deficit to win in overtime, and it remains the largest comeback in NFL history

[ Edited by backontop on Oct 11, 2009 at 19:20:43 ]
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by backontop:
Starting Smith after one bad game by Hill would be stupid. If Hill has multiple bad games then I can see that happening. But right now its not the time. Also how would starting Smith make the team any better, last time I checked that dude sucks worse then Hill.

No it was clearly the Seattle game when a 300lb+ fat ass fell on him. He really sucked it up in that game

Add the Seattle game where Smith did well on the last drive, and you guys just summed up all of Smith's career accomplishments.

Congratulations
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Add the Seattle game where Smith did well on the last drive, and you guys just summed up all of Smith's career accomplishments.

Congratulations

yup you are 100% correct I don't know what we would do without Hill and his great ability to hand the ball off and throw passes that come down like punts.

Yep. I also remember Neil Lomax doing it to the Niners in the mid 80s. Reich for Buffalo in the playoff game against Houston (I think it was 32 points) is another who comes to mind.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

I'll make it simpler.

Hill is better than Smith.
Hill sucks, so Smith sucks more.

Why do you want to see me work? That's a tiny bit creepy.

smith is not that bad he was doing good b4 that fatass jumped on his shoulder despite the fact we had a worse reciving corps and o line and not to mention unlike now the D was not carrying the team ( no willis clements justin smith etc.)

Good? Not really. Better than his completely awful start? Sure.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

im not saying he was the best QB in the world i m just saying he had a ok season and pretty good one for a sophmore season espicially considering the talent we had

Yep. I also remember Neil Lomax doing it to the Niners in the mid 80s. Reich for Buffalo in the playoff game against Houston (I think it was 32 points) is another who comes to mind.

Jeff Garcia vs giants. Woot.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Congratulations

yup you are 100% correct I don't know what we would do without Hill and his great ability to hand the ball off and throw passes that come down like punts.

We'd probably lose the Arizona opener and let Seattle come back in the home opener. But thats ok........those games were flukes. Just like every game Hill won for us last year. Good job.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

why do people always go to the QB first after a loss? do you not watch the games?

I'm wondering this myself.

I'll make it simpler.

Hill is better than Smith.
Hill sucks, so Smith sucks more.

Why do you want to see me work? That's a tiny bit creepy.

smith is not that bad he was doing good b4 that fatass jumped on his shoulder despite the fact we had a worse reciving corps and o line and not to mention unlike now the D was not carrying the team ( no willis clements justin smith etc.)

Good? Not really. Better than his completely awful start? Sure.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

im not saying he was the best QB in the world i m just saying he had a ok season and pretty good one for a sophmore season espicially considering the talent we had

In Smith's so called awful start of the 07 season where he was injured he was winning games with a defense that is much worse than the defense that we have now. If you take away the defense like what happened today you see what Hill brings to the table. The fact is Hill is a great game manager when the defense wins the game for him. But take that away and he is exposed as the horrible passer that he is. AT least Smith can throw past 5 yards.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

I'm wondering this myself.

hill was not the only problem but he was a big part of our O not moving the chains he was 33% that looks like jamarcus russel stats to me
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
No. Fire Raye BEFORE the ByE

Raye is a yes man.... Sing's puppet. That's why he was hired. I'm not sure how much of this offensive impotence is really his fault. This reminds me of when Mike Tice proclaimed that 40% of all passes would be to Randy Moss, and then they would win all their games. That flew back in his face. Same thing is happening to Sing and Raye and their "Run 60% of the time, even if the box is stacked" philosophy.