LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Are the Niners for real?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are the Niners for real?

Before the season started, I thought we were a .500 team +/- one win (ie we'd win 7 to 9 games).

We've done some good things, but I've also seen enough question marks to keep my prediction the same.
As stated above, let's see what happens on Sunday.
No more fluke. Singletary has gotten this team focused. Demanding of his players and I think respect from his coaching staff too. That turnaround in the running game after the opener is very telling. Nolan would have said 'we'll look at the films and work on improving the area'

Singletary: BS! We suck!

And challenged his Oline. Pretty much called them out. I think it's time to do a little of that to the WRs if they don't get it done agains Minny
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
It appears no one can see what happening here. I think that 9-7 or 10-6 is very attainable this season. We will win some tough games this year that the nay sayers will deem impossible.

IMO

yea but say we win the NFC West, how do you see us doing in the playoffs against teams like IDK, the saints, Giants, Cowboys, etc....

You know what Syber, just getting to the Playoffs again after 8-years would show that Sing is moving us back to where this Organization should be - win or lose. After this season, the problem areas will be crystal clear. (Actually we've known for some time now, but when you loose a playoff game due to one or more of these factors, fires get lit under the ass) Hopefully the Front Office makes the appropriate moves in the off season.

To answer your question anythings possible in the playoffs, just ask the Tards.

good point. Moving in the right direction is the key.
Too early to judge our team. If we continue at the same level, and assuming other teams don't improve, we might end up with 9 wins (at most).

Now, if we can only beat the Vikings on Sunday, that would surely be something. Again, like many have said, we've been here before, so let's see how the next 3-4 games play out.
The 49ER's are a bit more for real if they can beat the Vikings this week. I like our chances but I expect another tough game. I expected that we would go about 8-8 but if we can get to 4-0 ------ the excitement builds.

The defense has me excited ------ but I want to see more from the offense. The Vikings average 30.5 pts a game of offense and we average 21.5 a game we need more. IMHO
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Sep 23, 2009 at 10:00 AM ]
I think Arizona showed that we were for real. When they won last Sunday, in convincing style, it showed that we had the horses to disrupt their game. I believe that if Arizona was playing Minnesota, Arizona would get the nod. I think we are better than Arizona and thus we are better than Minnesota. I predict that we will win this Sunday. I think we are for real. I do not think we would win a Super Bowl. But Brandon Jones might push us over the line and give us a go to WR. So if Hill could produce a consistent pass attack, Jones, Morgan, and V.D. develop a consistent pass attack, the oline grow as a unit, and the defense staying strong we could shock ourselves.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I think Arizona showed that we were for real. When they won last Sunday, in convincing style, it showed that we had the horses to disrupt their game. I believe that if Arizona was playing Minnesota, Arizona would get the nod. I think we are better than Arizona and thus we are better than Minnesota. I predict that we will win this Sunday. I think we are for real. I do not think we would win a Super Bowl. But Brandon Jones might push us over the line and give us a go to WR. So if Hill could produce a consistent pass attack, Jones, Morgan, and V.D. develop a consistent pass attack, the oline grow as a unit, and the defense staying strong we could shock ourselves.

The Lions put some heat on Farve. If they can, I KNOW our defense can give them some issues. Just say'en though.
any team that can run the ball and stop the run has a chance at the SuperBowl...

the Bears made it with Rex Grossman of all people....and I believe we have a better more poise QB in Shaun Hill....

when we have needed Shaun to pass the ball, he has came through with long, clock draining drives.....hitting key 3rd downs in the process.

am I saying we are going to the Super Bowl, no....but we have a chance at winning any game, because of the type of football we play.

so if we made the playoffs...anything can happen......and if we continue to win against teams we should beat as well as other suprises....well, we have a chance to host at-least one playoff game, because I feel teams in the EAST, North will be beating each other up for most of the season....and right now our division looks easier....so we might sneak in a playoff game (or 2 ) at home.

this Sunday will be a big test....these are the games that will be tough for us.....not the ones other fans think (against high scoring teams)...

one of our toughest games last year was against the Fins...and they did exactly what we like to do....long drives with minimal turnovers...with tough defense.

I think we would have matched up well against teams like the Colts(so maybe even the Saints), I'm sure the we can beat the Eagles.....but teams like the Giants/ Bears/ Vikes are ones I feel we have to prove ourselfs....

Cowboys...we should be able to beat...its just that F'n Romo is mobile and for the past few games we have played them, he escapes just when we are about to get him and finds someone deep down the field.....but besides that we can cause him to turn the ball over.

but lets just see how our offense does this week.....it's still early in the season, but this is a Perfect time for us to play this type of team...so we can see if we need to change some things around (offensive playcalling) for the rest of the season, as well as before the playoffs..
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 23, 2009 at 10:15 AM ]
obviously not to some media folks but we'll punch them in the mouth when Dec comes around...

Originally posted by Afrikan:
any team that can run the ball and stop the run has a chance at the SuperBowl...

the Bears made it with Rex Grossman of all people....and I believe we have a better more poise QB in Shaun Hill....

when we have needed Shaun to pass the ball, he has came through with long, clock draining drives.....hitting key 3rd downs in the process.

am I saying we are going to the Super Bowl, no....but we have a chance at winning any game, because of the type of football we play.

so if we made the playoffs...anything can happen......and if we continue to win against teams we should beat as well as other suprises....well, we have a chance to host at-least one playoff game, because I feel teams in the EAST, North will be beating each other up for most of the season....and right now our division looks easier....so we might sneak in a playoff game (or 2 ) at home.

this Sunday will be a big test....these are the games that will be tough for us.....not the ones other fans think (against high scoring teams)...

one of our toughest games last year was against the Fins...and they did exactly what we like to do....long drives with minimal turnovers...with tough defense.

I think we would have matched up well against teams like the Colts(so maybe even the Saints), I'm sure the we can beat the Eagles.....but teams like the Giants/ Bears/ Vikes are ones I feel we have to prove ourselfs....

Cowboys...we should be able to beat...its just that F'n Romo is mobile and for the past few games we have played them, he escapes just when we are about to get him and finds someone deep down the field.....but besides that we can cause him to turn the ball over.

but lets just see how our offense does this week.....it's still early in the season, but this is a Perfect time for us to play this type of team...so we can see if we need to change some things around (offensive playcalling) for the rest of the season, as well as before the playoffs..

Listen everyone. Just talking of the possibility of the playoffs says something about the direction of this team. In the past 6 or more years, you would not have had the right or sanity to even talk playoffs around here, but here we are speaking the word and it really isn't as crazy as it once would have sounded. AfriKan feels it, I feel it and so does many others including Sports Annalist (Who previously gave us no love). The 9ers winning the NFC West is a VERY strong possibility.

Many here choose to ride on the side of caution, not wanting to be let down. That's understandable, after all, it's way too early. I say f*ck that. I'm very excited about your prospects. We can take this damn division.
We will get the answer to this question if we take it one game at a time. Every team in the league is one key injury away from destroying their season or one key play to spring them to the top of their division. The league is just that wide open. As of right now the Niners are for real until proven otherwise and lets just leave it at that!
Originally posted by dobophile:
With this o-line and Shaun Hill, we aren't going far.

we're not going far with our passing game but the rest of the team sure does gives us a shot at contending!!!
The reason we give up sacks is because this o-line is built for run blocking and not pass blocking....... That's why it's easy to pressure farve or any other Viking QB. Shaun hill is going to make the plays when we need him to but I would have liked to see us pick up Jeff garcia cause he plays well in this kind of offense. Our run game will be there all year. I wish they would have let gore get some more carries against Seattle........ He could have broke 300 yards. If we win this Sunday than we'll easily go 4-0.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
The reason we give up sacks is because this o-line is built for run blocking and not pass blocking....... That's why it's easy to pressure farve or any other Viking QB. Shaun hill is going to make the plays when we need him to but I would have liked to see us pick up Jeff garcia cause he plays well in this kind of offense. Our run game will be there all year. I wish they would have let gore get some more carries against Seattle........ He could have broke 300 yards. If we win this Sunday than we'll easily go 4-0.

Sooooo, if we put constant pressure on Farve - including some hard hits on him, we can win against the Vikings.
Share 49ersWebzone