LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Are the Niners for real?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Are the Niners for real?

Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
The reason we give up sacks is because this o-line is built for run blocking and not pass blocking....... That's why it's easy to pressure farve or any other Viking QB. Shaun hill is going to make the plays when we need him to but I would have liked to see us pick up Jeff garcia cause he plays well in this kind of offense. Our run game will be there all year. I wish they would have let gore get some more carries against Seattle........ He could have broke 300 yards. If we win this Sunday than we'll easily go 4-0.

Sooooo, if we put constant pressure on Farve - including some hard hits on him, we can win against the Vikings.

I definitely think we can pressure farve but my point was to compare our o-line and the vike's.......they're both built for run blocking, but yes we will get in his grill and pick up the W!
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:
Originally posted by dobophile:
With this o-line and Shaun Hill, we aren't going far.

thats right

lol, haters.
No, they're imaginary...
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
yep
[ Edited by 9erfan4life on Sep 23, 2009 at 11:20 AM ]
well the question is "Are the Niners for real?". To me, being for real, means having an actual shot at winning a championship. Right now, I don't think we are.
  • Mex49

Both will get better with time and experience, not worse
I don't think we'll be winning a Super Bowl this year, but I can dream. I think we are a whole lot better than we have been in a loooong time, not just talent wise, but mentally as well. As we add pieces to the puzzle we'll get there.
we'll find out this Sunday vs. the Vikes.
Why does hill get no respect the guy is 9-3 the other QB's are 5-100000............he's goin to double their wins this Sunday!
We will go out & play Sunday to prove what kind of team we are.

The reason I like this year's team and it's chances is because they have a full squad of guys playing as a cohesive unit. Singletary has all these guys bought into and believing in his gameplan, and that's a rare thing in the sports world these days.

Whether that continues to translate into wins and a playoff spot remains to be seen, but I like what I see on and off the field from this group.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by Icelandic49er:

thats right

lol, haters.

Well, I have to ask: do you think we ARE going far?

Within the NFC, we can't get past New Orleans, New York, Dallas, or Atlanta. We have a chance against Minnesota and Green Bay and Philadelphia and Chicago. We'll probably win the West, and then get smoked in the playoffs.

Our defense and special teams are excellent. We have a top 10 RB, a surprisingly good TE, and serviceable WRs. But our offense sucks because of our o-line and our QB.

Shaun Hill is precisely the kind of guy I would want as a backup QB . . . you know, he can come in when needed and, through craftiness and hard work, maybe manage to tough out a win. I support him, and I love it when he makes something good happen, but he misses a lot of opportunities to throw it down field. Some of that has to do with his questionable arm strength, and some of that has to do with his scrambling and dipping and ducking.

But, yeah, he's better than Alex Smith. Whatever that means.

I still don't see what Shaun Hill hasn't done that makes you think he can't be a top 15 QB? If the only thing you can say is that he didn't throw to some open guys when he had a lead, then that's a weak argument because he hit a lot of open guys last year.

Besides not throwing to open guys when in terrible field position while in the lead during a game, what else makes you think he is no better than a backup?
Originally posted by BigRon:
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I think we fall in the 9 win category. Win the West and get blown out in the 1st round. Our D is looking great, and might be a really great unit for the next few years but the Offense still scares me. Take out the two big runs and Gore has like 60 yards in two games. It doesn't seem like we can move the ball consistently on the ground, and other than the one big drive against the Cards it seems we can't move it consistently in the air either. Plus, as the announcers pointed out, some of our play calling makes you scratch your head to say the least.

We find out Sunday.

I agree. Raye opened it up more from week 1 but our pass rush dropped off completely so it's hard to say yet. But at least we're showing potential. This WILL be a big test.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by BigRon:
Originally posted by bigmur49:
I think we fall in the 9 win category. Win the West and get blown out in the 1st round. Our D is looking great, and might be a really great unit for the next few years but the Offense still scares me. Take out the two big runs and Gore has like 60 yards in two games. It doesn't seem like we can move the ball consistently on the ground, and other than the one big drive against the Cards it seems we can't move it consistently in the air either. Plus, as the announcers pointed out, some of our play calling makes you scratch your head to say the least.

We find out Sunday.

I agree. Raye opened it up more from week 1 but our pass rush dropped off completely so it's hard to say yet. But at least we're showing potential. This WILL be a big test.

Unless we lose because we fumbled the ball 3 times or something. I don't think a loss will tell us anything. It will just tell us winning isn't easy because who knows how we respond after a loss. We could respond strong the rest of the season.
If Sing's changes up the playbook - 9 wins
If Sing sticks with smush mouth crapball - 6 wins
Share 49ersWebzone