Not a member? Register Now!

Wildcat/Taser

Wildcat/Taser

Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I don't understand why Mrob isn't lining up at QB in our wildcat Why the f**k is Michael Spurlock throwing the ball in that situation? I think Mrob can do a better job at throwing the football than him...I just don't understand. We could've had a big play out of that.

Thats what I said.

The one thing guys is we don't really know if MRob would be better throwing out of that situation. Impossible to say.

I wish we would have used that formation MORE in preseason with MRob AB and Spurlock all getting opportunities to run it, so they could all get a feel for it and the coaches could see how each performs in a game situation running it.

True. Does anyone know if Spurlock played QB in HS or college?

He was the backup QB at Ole Miss to Eli Manning.

Quote:
COLLEGE:

Played in 21 games at Mississippi at quarterback and running back. Appeared in all 11 games with 8 starts as a senior, starting 7 contests at quarterback and 1 at running back. Completed 142 of 267 passes for 1,709 yds. with 7 TDs and 9 INTs. Played in 7 games as a junior and completed 30 of 70 passes for 341 yds.

WR Michael Spurlock's Bio... (49ers.com)

Oh! Well that makes a world of difference!!
If the only reason we are keeping Spurlock is to run the taser then he is a waste. We have Arnaz Battle and Michael Robinson wgo both were college QBs who can run
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by solidg2000:
If the only reason we are keeping Spurlock is to run the taser then he is a waste. We have Arnaz Battle and Michael Robinson wgo both were college QBs who can run

The difference between AB, MRob and Spurlock is the quickness and shiftiness of Spurlock and his ability to get outside the tackles on stretch plays and option plays ran from the Taser. He forces teams to account for him moreso than MRob or AB would in that same formation.
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i actually thought that was a good play because the seahawks were thinking run all the way, if that was completed the receiver ( i believe it was davis?) was gone for a TD. good idea but the execution wasnt there

Agreed. It looked like a good play call to me. Even the play where Spurlock dropped the fake handoff looked like Spurlock would have had some room to run. I think it needs more practicing before we junk it. A little better execution and we would talking differently about the taser.
Originally posted by solidg2000:

Battle or Robinson are not explosive as Spurlock. I am a Jason Hill fan but spurlock is a better taser QB than the latter. I don't dislike spurlock, I think its unfortunate that bruce will probably retire next year leaving a hole if crabs decides to sign and one of our WRs are cut. I don't dislike any of the WRs the niners have right now.
For once, I didn't see any taser today! That's a plus...
Yay for the tazer, craze , flazer.

Told you it would get sh*t canned. At least for the time being.
This is why if we run this formation that Robinson should be the primary recipient of the person that takes the snap under center (NOT SPURLOCK).

Not a huge fan of the formation but I been wanting to see him throw the ball since day 1 and hopefully he gets his chance this weekend. The run at the 2 minute mark I believe is amazing.
  • ZRF80
it's called the Wild Niner. Get it right.....
Originally posted by ZRF80:
it's called the Wild Niner. Get it right.....

Your smoking dope buddy thats not what Jimmy calls it.
i hope we never run this s**t again
Spurlock is giving this team nothing.

If raye still plans to run the Taser, I would much porefer to see a BAD ASS (Robinson) calling the shots, instead of a JITTERBUG (Spurlock). If Joe Paterno trusted Robinson with his offense, why is Raye so hesitant?
Originally posted by valrod33:
i hope we never run this s**t again

Tell the truth I could care less. If we do then its "meh ok"... If we dont then I wont miss it. I am saying if we run it then it should be with Robinson. I would like to see him throw one pass. I think everyone here would. Hell it was just something different to post about. I havent really been on the zone for awhile bc everything being so repetitive.