LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Wildcat/Taser

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Wildcat/Taser

That's it...I've had it! The 49ers version of the "WildCat" needs to go. It is ineffective and screws up the rhythm of our offense. And what's the deal with Jimmy Raye calling a WildCat play on 3rd and 22?!! I hope Coach Singletary chewed out Jimmy Raye for that call.

[ Edited by PTulini on Sep 21, 2009 at 6:05 PM ]
I'm going to fully agree with you on this. Keeping Spurlock on the team just to run this bulls**t gimmick offense is absolutely retarded.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
I'm going to fully agree with you on this. Keeping Spurlock on the team just to run this bulls**t gimmick offense is absolutely retarded.

Seriously. I'm not opposed to keeping the guy around if they want to use him as a KR or WR. But if the only reason that Jason Hill isn't suiting up is so we can have Spurlock manage a few of these debacle plays every game, then someone needs to get slapped.
please replace spurlock with hill. we can run the taser or what ever its called with battle ! jamarcus russell could have even made that pass !
I didn't mind the play they called. If Gore doesn't knock the ball out of Spurlock's hand, he might have had a chance to make a play. What I don't like it the call on 3rd down. Especially sitting on 3rd and long.
i've never been a fan of the wildcat.
sure it worked last year...

...but that was last year.
i dont get why robinson or battle get to run the wildcat. you'd think the two players with qb experience who know their teammates tendencies would be the one running it
If I'm not mistaken, Michael Spurlock was the backup QB to Eli Manning at Ole Miss?
I have been wondering why we aren't using #24 Robinson cause he can run and I know he can't do any worse than Spurlock in throwing it ------ Damn.

I gotta add that this play is quickly losing it's appeal.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Sep 21, 2009 at 12:08 AM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
If I'm not mistaken, Michael Spurlock was the backup QB to Eli Manning at Ole Miss?

I think that I could see why he was a back up ------ not even close.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wildcat needs to go, I swear every time we have used the damn thing it doesn't do squat for us. I'd rather see more fake punts or fake FG's than the silly ass Wildcat.
Definitely needs to go.

They should practice passing more often.
The Wildcat is a joke. What were we doing today!? It was just stupid. Pound the rock or throw the ball. Enough of this "Fancy" stuff.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
Not only did it suck the situation that they used the Wildcat in was also very strange, like 3rd and long???
i actually thought that was a good play because the seahawks were thinking run all the way, if that was completed the receiver ( i believe it was davis?) was gone for a TD. good idea but the execution wasnt there
Share 49ersWebzone