Wildcat/Taser

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Wildcat/Taser

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by billybonka:
seems to work for Miami STILL!! If you don't believe me ask the Colts
Niners ! = Miami

did the team move and I not know about it? I think you missed my point. The point was and still is, that if you run it correctly it is effective. We just don't run it correctly.
I understand your point. It works for Miami and that's fine. No one else runs it effectively and I have no idea why they continue to try.
Niners ! = Miami

did the team move and I not know about it? I think you missed my point. The point was and still is, that if you run it correctly it is effective. We just don't run it correctly.
I understand your point. It works for Miami and that's fine. No one else runs it effectively and I have no idea why they continue to try.

Because the NFL likes to follow fads. Right now the wildcat is a fad
Niners ! = Miami

lol, and I think calling it "taser" is a pretty lame way to follow the current "fad"

props to Miami though, they are running the table on the Colts with that formation
Originally posted by verb1der:
Niners ! = Miami

lol, and I think calling it "taser" is a pretty lame way to follow the current "fad"

props to Miami though, they are running the table on the Colts with that formation

You know the 49ers organization would rather try and create a fad rather than being caught following one. So they call theirs the "tazer" so they could say they are being different.
Niners ! = Miami

You know the 49ers organization would rather try and create a fad rather than being caught following one. So they call theirs the "tazer" so they could say they are being different.

lol well then...
Niners ! = Miami

lol well then...

Is Jesus wearing a don't taze me bro t-shirt
Dump Spurlock and play Hill.
Niners ! = Miami

There is a difference between something being part of the core of what you do versus a poser imitating it, but not living it. This kind of thing happens in sports, music, art, or whatever.

The wildcat is part fo the Dolphin's DNA. It is a main staple of their offense. They use it a lot to create confusion & misdirection. It works for them because of how much they practice it being a major part of their offense.

When a team like the 49ers trot is out for one play, they telegraph to a defense what they are planning on doing. It doesn't surprise anyone, and fails.
[ Edited by djfullshred on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:52 PM ]
NO MORE STUPID WILDCAT!!!!! it was hot while it lasted. Every defense around the league practices stopping it. It's not a surprise anymore. GET RID OF IT!!!!
I say let Michael Arnaz run it or dont run it at all. If i see one more 3d and long end with a wildcat tazer run ima pull my hair out and glue it to my chest, commit to incompitence, slap my mother and become a raider fan.

Niners ! = Miami

lol well then...

Is Jesus wearing a don't taze me bro t-shirt

that's not Jesus, it's Stoney.
Works, but just not for us!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chucksteak49:
i've never been a fan of the wildcat.
sure it worked last year...

...but that was last year.

The problem is not the Wildcat, it's a combination of the personnel used and poor execution.

Did anybody watch the Indy-Miami game last night, or the Eagles' version of the Wildcat from their Sunday game against NO? That's how you run the Wildcat.....with competent players and tight execution. Miami ran the Wildcat brilliantly...it was a beautiful to watch. The Colt defense was listless, flustered and worn out all night long....they just couldn't slow down the grind. It was the ultimate in Tuna possession ball.

I don't think the Niners practice it enough for one, and the other, I don't think the OC understands the central philosophy behind it.

Ask the Dolphins why they opted to run the Wildcat in the first place? The answer was given in last night's game.....they wanted to field a formation which put their best talent on the field at one time. Their best talent are their RB tandem of Brown and Williams....the Wildcat allows both on them on the field at the same time.....it also drastically reduces the time for the runner to hit the whole by often taking the sow developing QB handoff out of the equation....it makes the RB the QB and he can pick his whole right off the snap or choose another option behind the line. Imagine a decent mobile passing QB running the Wildcat....the possibilities are endless. This is straight up Battle's (or even MRob's) alley really. But the coaching staff exhibits a poor understanding of the talent at their disposal....opting instead to put it all in the hands of an unproven player like Spurlock.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by chucksteak49:
i've never been a fan of the wildcat.
sure it worked last year...

...but that was last year.

The problem is not the Wildcat, it's a combination of the personnel used and poor execution.

Did anybody watch the Indy-Miami game last night, or the Eagles' version of the Wildcat from their Sunday game against NO? That's how you run the Wildcat.....with competent players and tight execution. Miami ran the Wildcat brilliantly...it was a beautiful to watch. The Colt defense was listless, flustered and worn out all night long....they just couldn't slow down the grind. It was the ultimate in Tuna possession ball.

I don't think the Niners practice it enough for one, and the other, I don't think the OC understands the central philosophy behind it.

Ask the Dolphins why they opted to run the Wildcat in the first place? The answer was given in last night's game.....they wanted to field a formation which put their best talent on the field at one time. Their best talent are their RB tandem of Brown and Williams....the Wildcat allows both on them on the field at the same time.....it also drastically reduces the time for the runner to hit the whole by often taking the sow developing QB handoff out of the equation....it makes the RB the QB and he can pick his whole right off the snap or choose another option behind the line. Imagine a decent mobile passing QB running the Wildcat....the possibilities are endless. This is straight up Battle's (or even MRob's) alley really. But the coaching staff exhibits a poor understanding of the talent at their disposal....opting instead to put it all in the hands of an unproven player like Spurlock.

I agree though I thought the Eagles wildcat looks rusty also. It's just that Desean Jackson is so fast he can beat anybody to the corner and gain a few yards. I don't think Battle nor Robinson have the speed, or big play ability to make the Niners wildcat effective. I do have no clue why Spulock is beign used though
Last night I watched this wildcat thing closely (and we all got several looks at it too). Having seen a fair amount of Navy games in the past few years, the Wildcat simply looks like a triple option run out of the shotgun. It is difficult to defend when run well, but the games I watched where Navy ran it, the defenses seemed to figure it out by halftime. Even last night, it appeared the Colts defense had eventually figured it out. Though at that point they were so tired they still couldn’t stop it consistently. I guess maybe Peyton should have taken some more time in those scoring drives.
Share 49ersWebzone