Wildcat/Taser

Wildcat/Taser

Not even halfway down the page.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
bump
  • rum53
  • Veteran
We need to keep the Wildcat in our game plan because it forces our opponents to prepare for it. Time spent preparing for our wildcat is time spent not preparing for our base offense.

Furthermore, we should be able to make a big play out of the wildcat. The key to making the wildcat work is the ability to pass out of it. That pass to VD was there and just slightly overthrown. If defenses have to play back in coverage during the wildcat, we can get some big plays in the running game.

In all honesty, I don't think the wildcat can be relied on consistently during the course of a game. However, there are inevitable times during games where the offense becomes stagnant. The wildcat offers a chance to breath some life into the offense if used at the right opportunity.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
The Wildcat is a joke. What were we doing today!? It was just stupid. Pound the rock or throw the ball. Enough of this "Fancy" stuff.

• dman
  • Veteran
Don't Taser me bro.
Haaaaated it.
"You need a Mike Vick or Pat White to run the Wildcat...I would have liked to run the wildcat"

-Steve Young

Could you imagine steve young in a wildcat?
Stupid drive killer is what it is. Why waste a drive?
Why the hell is Spurlock running the wildcat when we have Robinson? We have Spurlock active on game days just so he can play 1 or 2 snaps a game in the wildcat??? That makes no sense. Jason Hill sits inactive on game days just so this clown can fumble and overthrow open receivers?

IMO, the team is better overall with Hill on the active 45 man gameday roster. It isn't like we've been getting great results with Spurlock
I hates dem wild cats.
What I don't understand is why put Spurlock at QB? Why not just leave MRob in as a RB and go with a RB option pass? He can always throw it back to Hill and have him throw to a wide open WR. But then again that is old school Little Giants type stuff
Originally posted by PTulini:
That's it...I've had it! The 49ers version of the "WildCat" needs to go. It is ineffective and screws up the rhythm of our offense. And what's the deal with Jimmy Raye calling a WildCat play on 3rd and 22?!! I hope Coach Singletary chewed out Jimmy Raye for that call.

I think you need to clarify your poll. Yes to get rid of it or No to keep it. I vote no as in get rid of it but some might have thought no as in keep it.

Those 63% that said yes probably meant yes, get rid of it and the 37% that said no probably meant no, lose it.
F the wildcat we cannot execute it and they sniff it our everytime..... why run wildcat when u can just give it 2 gore
People are hating on the Wildcat, but that's dumb. We were going to score or come very close on the vildcat play we ran yesterday. The receiver was very open with about 2 steps on the defender, and Spurlock couldn't get the ball anywhere near him.

Battle or Robinson would have been good options too, but I would rather have a 3rd QB who can run it. A guy who does nothing but take practice snaps as part of the regular offense and masters the wildcat playbook.

The Dolphins are doing that with Pat White, and the Eagles are doing it with Vick. We'll see how those experiments go.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by PTulini:
That's it...I've had it! The 49ers version of the "WildCat" needs to go. It is ineffective and screws up the rhythm of our offense. And what's the deal with Jimmy Raye calling a WildCat play on 3rd and 22?!! I hope Coach Singletary chewed out Jimmy Raye for that call.

I think you need to clarify your poll. Yes to get rid of it or No to keep it. I vote no as in get rid of it but some might have thought no as in keep it.

Those 63% that said yes probably meant yes, get rid of it and the 37% that said no probably meant no, lose it.

I voted no get rid of it, but was it really worse than what we usually do on 3rd and 22, draw to gore.

At least we had a chance at the 1st if Spurlock wasnt doing his Jamarcus Russel impression. Ignoring the fumble and horrible pass Spulock looked quick with the ball. I guess im ok with it after all, it's not like the offense is doing anything besides 3 big plays.