LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 209 users in the forums

Wildcat/Taser

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Wildcat/Taser

Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by PTulini:
That's it...I've had it! The 49ers version of the "WildCat" needs to go. It is ineffective and screws up the rhythm of our offense. And what's the deal with Jimmy Raye calling a WildCat play on 3rd and 22?!! I hope Coach Singletary chewed out Jimmy Raye for that call.

I think you need to clarify your poll. Yes to get rid of it or No to keep it. I vote no as in get rid of it but some might have thought no as in keep it.

Those 63% that said yes probably meant yes, get rid of it and the 37% that said no probably meant no, lose it.

I voted no get rid of it, but was it really worse than what we usually do on 3rd and 22, draw to gore.

At least we had a chance at the 1st if Spurlock wasnt doing his Jamarcus Russel impression. Ignoring the fumble and horrible pass Spulock looked quick with the ball. I guess im ok with it after all, it's not like the offense is doing anything besides 3 big plays.

I believe the Mods changed my original title???

Get Rid of the WildCat/Taser = YES

Keep It = NO
wow guys the wildcat that we ran was horrid! we need to get rid of this. if anything it should be michael robinson running the wildcat. it was a joke. it looked pathetic!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i actually thought that was a good play because the seahawks were thinking run all the way, if that was completed the receiver ( i believe it was davis?) was gone for a TD. good idea but the execution wasnt there

dude davis was going out of bounds. no td on that play, plus there was a safety right behind him.
seems to work for Miami STILL!! If you don't believe me ask the Colts
Hate it, hate it, hate it.

We effectively lose a player everytime we run it. Shaun Hill is not a thread spread out, so his defender is free to key in on the middle of the field. Plus, Spurlock threw a horrible pass against Seattle that any QB in the league could've easily made.

It's crap, plain and simple.

It's gotta go. Now.
Thats it! The people have spoken. Take the Tazer out of the playbook. Especially on 3rd down!
Originally posted by Stuuk:
Not only did it suck the situation that they used the Wildcat in was also very strange, like 3rd and long???

i thought it worked davis was open for a first down it was just a bad pass
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by Stuuk:
Not only did it suck the situation that they used the Wildcat in was also very strange, like 3rd and long???

i thought it worked davis was open for a first down it was just a bad pass

That was because they were using a guy that hasn't thrown a pass in years! Why not try using MRob for the Tazer. He played the QB position not to long ago and I am sure he would feel more comfortable throwing a pass.
someone should sneak the tazer out back when jimmy raye is sleeping, so probably during the morning meetings, shoot the f**kin tazr in the head, skin that f**ker, cook it and feed it to patrick willis

Originally posted by backontop:
Niners ! = Miami
I hate it, and I hope we stop doing it. I'll even go so far to say that I hate it when other teams do it and I'm looking forward to this fad ending.
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by backontop:
Niners ! = Miami

did the team move and I not know about it? I think you missed my point. The point was and still is, that if you run it correctly it is effective. We just don't run it correctly.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Miami uses it as an actual facet of their offense. They are good at it. We use it as a gimmick to try and keep the defense off guard and it doesn't work. We are bad at it.

The only reason Spurlock seems to be on the team is for the Wildcat and it sucks. We need to give him a shot at KR.
Originally posted by Antix:
Miami uses it as an actual facet of their offense. They are good at it. We use it as a gimmick to try and keep the defense off guard and it doesn't work. We are bad at it.

The only reason Spurlock seems to be on the team is for the Wildcat and it sucks. We need to give him a shot at KR.

He is a kick returner. Rossum and Spurlock return kick offs.
Share 49ersWebzone