Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
They didn't throw to him. How is he supposed to make a play if they don't throw to him? He's always made plays in games when they call his #. IMO he's better than Ziegler who is a preseason only guy.

He has to run the right route, he has to make the right adjustments against the coverage, he has to GET OPEN! Hill is not consistently doing these things, Ziggy all of a sudden is, I don't really like one more than the other, but if Hill wants to stay on this team he had better get his head out of his hole!
A QB will stop looking at inconsistent WR's he has a split second to make a read, and deliver a pass, his job depends on it, ask your self, who you going to look for, the guy who is on the same page or some knucklehead running the wrong route? Remember your NFL carer and millions of dollars depend on your choice.

They never even looked his way or attempted to throw over there. They didn't even call his #. It's different from getting open. Jason Hill is open plenty of times.

They threw to that joke Zeigler who they will probably keep like 3 or 4 times in a row to give him reps apparently. Then Z. gets banged one time real hard and his weak 185 lb. a** goes over to the sideline to recover. Which is exactly what will happen to him in the regular season IMO.

Just because he is open does not mean he ran the right route, it just means he was open. If it were sand lot ball, you would have valid point, but trust me if Carr, or Smith felt any level of trust in him he would get the ball.

Carr didn't even look that way. He telegraphed his passes to Ziegler. Which makes me think it was a coaches move to get Z. the ball to see what he can do in the preseason. I think it was very much on purpose they went to him multiple times in a row and ignored other players on the field. Not just Jason Hill BTW. TE's and RB's too and other WR's. The plan and the play calls were to go to Zeigler. That's obvious. Perhaps to test him and perhaps to see what they would get.

But IMO we will error greatly to keep Zeigler. You saw what happened when his skinny 185 lb. frame took a hit. He wanted to come out of the game and sit on the sideline. That will happen in the regular season too you know. Except more violently...

The likelihood of that happening will be low because if he makes the final roster he wont see much playing time. If we do use him I doubt it will be crossing patterns, we would use him for jump balls. Remember he would be the 5th guy.

I don't think he even belongs on the 53 man roster. If you make the 53 you have to have some toughness. And Z. doesn't have it. I can't understand the hype with him. I see him as only a preseason guy. And a practice squad type. He's too skinny and not tough and his speed isn't that great. I don't see what people are seeing with him.

From all reports he has very sticky hands and with the drops that we've had....we could use a good set. Also he's very tall and can get very high...hence my jump ball suggestion.
Originally posted by jreff22:
They didn't throw to him. How is he supposed to make a play if they don't throw to him? He's always made plays in games when they call his #. IMO he's better than Ziegler who is a preseason only guy.

He has to run the right route, he has to make the right adjustments against the coverage, he has to GET OPEN! Hill is not consistently doing these things, Ziggy all of a sudden is, I don't really like one more than the other, but if Hill wants to stay on this team he had better get his head out of his hole!
A QB will stop looking at inconsistent WR's he has a split second to make a read, and deliver a pass, his job depends on it, ask your self, who you going to look for, the guy who is on the same page or some knucklehead running the wrong route? Remember your NFL carer and millions of dollars depend on your choice.

They never even looked his way or attempted to throw over there. They didn't even call his #. It's different from getting open. Jason Hill is open plenty of times.

They threw to that joke Zeigler who they will probably keep like 3 or 4 times in a row to give him reps apparently. Then Z. gets banged one time real hard and his weak 185 lb. a** goes over to the sideline to recover. Which is exactly what will happen to him in the regular season IMO.

Just because he is open does not mean he ran the right route, it just means he was open. If it were sand lot ball, you would have valid point, but trust me if Carr, or Smith felt any level of trust in him he would get the ball.

Carr didn't even look that way. He telegraphed his passes to Ziegler. Which makes me think it was a coaches move to get Z. the ball to see what he can do in the preseason. I think it was very much on purpose they went to him multiple times in a row and ignored other players on the field. Not just Jason Hill BTW. TE's and RB's too and other WR's. The plan and the play calls were to go to Zeigler. That's obvious. Perhaps to test him and perhaps to see what they would get.

But IMO we will error greatly to keep Zeigler. You saw what happened when his skinny 185 lb. frame took a hit. He wanted to come out of the game and sit on the sideline. That will happen in the regular season too you know. Except more violently...

The likelihood of that happening will be low because if he makes the final roster he wont see much playing time. If we do use him I doubt it will be crossing patterns, we would use him for jump balls. Remember he would be the 5th guy.

I don't think he even belongs on the 53 man roster. If you make the 53 you have to have some toughness. And Z. doesn't have it. I can't understand the hype with him. I see him as only a preseason guy. And a practice squad type. He's too skinny and not tough and his speed isn't that great. I don't see what people are seeing with him.

The guy got penalized for not being able to get back inbounds on punt coverage. The penalty is for not trying to make an effort to get back in but he was trying but couldn't.
been telling yall the Coaches play favorites with our players for a while now....at the expense of our overall team.....nothing has changed in this regard since Nolan left...

its not that about "Don't tell me, Show me" BS.

all you have to do is watch the game again and pay attention...

I was just waiting and waiting for them to throw in his direction....but no, it was pretty obvious every designed pass to a WR was to Zeigler.

I don't kwow why they EVEN still have Jason Hill around still....its like they know he has skills, but are waiting for him to kiss their asses or something.

oh well, doesn't matter....if he has skills like he seems to show the few times he is allowed to show during real games.....then he'll make another team and work his way up the depth chart.....hopefully a team that cares more about winning than playing favorites with its players...
I agree with SD in that Jason Hill is a better all around player than Ziegler. .
If I were J. Hill I would just stop caring, wait to get cut, and get picked up by the vikings or the patriots. Then he would actually be used in an offense that doesn't feature the 2nd string TE.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
been telling yall the Coaches play favorites with our players for a while now....at the expense of our overall team.....nothing has changed in this regard since Nolan left...

its not that about "Don't tell me, Show me" BS.

all you have to do is watch the game again and pay attention...

I was just waiting and waiting for them to throw in his direction....but no, it was pretty obvious every designed pass to a WR was to Zeigler.

I don't kwow why they EVEN still have Jason Hill around still....its like they know he has skills, but are waiting for him to kiss their asses or something.

oh well, doesn't matter....if he has skills like he seems to show the few times he is allowed to show during real games.....then he'll make another team and work his way up the depth chart.....hopefully a team that cares more about winning than playing favorites with its players...

This.
real skills on broker plays dont count
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
If I were J. Hill I would just stop caring, wait to get cut, and get picked up by the vikings or the patriots. Then he would actually be used in an offense that doesn't feature the 2nd string TE.

And this. What is with the Delanie Walker thing? It has never worked as long as we tried. And yes I know he made one big play last night. But for the most part he is not that wide open and his hands are really inconsistent. Or perhaps I should say "consistent." His hands are consistently bad. How many have we all seen Walker tip up into the air for int's and how many does he drop?

some of us believe he has.....I think it was pretty telling about the situation last year when he was vocal about worrying if he was about to get cut.....showed he cared he wanted to be here...but the coaching staff still kept him around for some stupid reason.....

Jason Hill looks and plays bigger than his listed size of 6'0 202lbs.....and has shown most of the time he catches the ball.....and we have seen in replays of him beating his man......

I expect Nate Davis to make him look good again with their final game in San Diego, like last year.

And this. What is with the Delanie Walker thing? It has never worked as long as we tried. And yes I know he made one big play last night. But for the most part he is not that wide open and his hands are really inconsistent. Or perhaps I should say "consistent." His hands are consistently bad. How many have we all seen Walker tip up into the air for int's and how many does he drop?

I like Delanie, but I STILL don't understand why they have him run streaks....he is not a receiver that is good catching it over his shoulder.....Delanie is faster than LBs yes, and maybe safties....but not CBs....and we shouldn't expect him to be succesful in those types of situations.....

let him use his speed underneath......and have REAL burners like Ginn and Jason Hill run the deep routes...

this coaching staff is real incompetent sometimes......I mean they actually throw WR screens to Josh Morgan....... JOSH MORGAN!.....and even some to Crabtree are not wise anymore.... I mean, in college maybe, but in the NFL defense are alot smarter and faster...can't remember a screen to Crabtree working.

throw screens to Ginn and Hill.....throw streaks to Ginn and Hill......not to slow players like Morgan and Delanie (when matched up with CBs)....these are all wasted plays...like the ones to Moran Norris

I bet the Rams pick him up
Originally posted by teeohh:
I bet the Rams pick him up

9ers might trade him before that happens.......either the Rams trade for him now with a 6th round pick....or they will try to trade him to a team outside the division, before cutting him.

Like his brother from another mother, Shaun Hill.

I like Delanie, but I STILL don't understand why they have him run streaks....he is not a receiver that is good catching it over his shoulder.....Delanie is faster than LBs yes, and maybe safties....but not CBs....and we shouldn't expect him to be succesful in those types of situations.....

let him use his speed underneath......and have REAL burners like Ginn and Jason Hill run the deep routes...

this coaching staff is real incompetent sometimes......I mean they actually throw WR screens to Josh Morgan....... JOSH MORGAN!.....and even some to Crabtree are not wise anymore.... I mean, in college maybe, but in the NFL defense are alot smarter and faster...can't remember a screen to Crabtree working.

throw screens to Ginn and Hill.....throw streaks to Ginn and Hill......not to slow players like Morgan and Delanie (when matched up with CBs)....these are all wasted plays...like the ones to Moran Norris

The pro Delanie Walker and anti Jason Hill bias of this coaching staff is puzzling to me.

The pro Delanie Walker and anti Jason Hill bias of this coaching staff is puzzling to me.

the coaches just don't know how to use our players.....Walker looks fine out there most of the time...he creates match up problems....but again our coaches are just weird .
Jason Hill's days as a niner are numbered, the job is zieglers, the coaches don't trust him, nor do the QB's being that they never target him...........Ziegler 10 targets, Hill Zero......the numbers don't lie........

I wonder who said this!?!?!?!

Cannot play with them. Cannot win with them. Cannot coach with them. Can't do it. I want winners!
Share 49ersWebzone