LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Jason Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DesiDez:
People forget that Hill also contributes on special teams as a gunner. He'll be on this team until the end of his first contract. If he's not the 3rd WR by then, they'll find a cheaper rookie to replace him, when that time comes.

He's entering the last year of his contract IIRC, so it's now or never.

-9fA
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Its nice to have these kinda problems thinking about it its been a while since we were deep @ WR with some decent talent.

Much better than Taylor Jacobs and Rod Gilmore.

Who's that? Is Rod even s**ttier than his brother Brian?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
People forget that Hill also contributes on special teams as a gunner. He'll be on this team until the end of his first contract. If he's not the 3rd WR by then, they'll find a cheaper rookie to replace him, when that time comes.

He's entering the last year of his contract IIRC, so it's now or never.

-9fA

For whatever reason , i dont think the coaching staff ever really liked Hill's talent. I think this is gonna be his last season in a niner uni. sad because i really think hes a solid #2
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Its nice to have these kinda problems thinking about it its been a while since we were deep @ WR with some decent talent.

Much better than Taylor Jacobs and Rod Gilmore.

Who's that? Is Rod even s**ttier than his brother Brian?

My bad. Guy was so forgettable that I couldn't remember his name.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Where WAS he tonight?
he's injured.

damn shame it didn't work out for him here....born and raised in San Francisco....oh well, looking forward to following his career............in Seattle.

edit- actually he did play....did some nice blocking, but the ball was not thrown his way much, if at all.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM ]
They didn't throw to him. How is he supposed to make a play if they don't throw to him? He's always made plays in games when they call his #. IMO he's better than Ziegler who is a preseason only guy.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They didn't throw to him. How is he supposed to make a play if they don't throw to him? He's always made plays in games when they call his #. IMO he's better than Ziegler who is a preseason only guy.

He has to run the right route, he has to make the right adjustments against the coverage, he has to GET OPEN! Hill is not consistently doing these things, Ziggy all of a sudden is, I don't really like one more than the other, but if Hill wants to stay on this team he had better get his head out of his hole!
A QB will stop looking at inconsistent WR's he has a split second to make a read, and deliver a pass, his job depends on it, ask your self, who you going to look for, the guy who is on the same page or some knucklehead running the wrong route? Remember your NFL carer and millions of dollars depend on your choice.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

He has to run the right route, he has to make the right adjustments against the coverage, he has to GET OPEN! Hill is not consistently doing these things, Ziggy all of a sudden is, I don't really like one more than the other, but if Hill wants to stay on this team he had better get his head out of his hole!
A QB will stop looking at inconsistent WR's he has a split second to make a read, and deliver a pass, his job depends on it, ask your self, who you going to look for, the guy who is on the same page or some knucklehead running the wrong route? Remember your NFL carer and millions of dollars depend on your choice.

They never even looked his way or attempted to throw over there. They didn't even call his #. It's different from getting open. Jason Hill is open plenty of times.

They threw to that joke Zeigler who they will probably keep like 3 or 4 times in a row to give him reps apparently. Then Z. gets banged one time real hard and his weak 185 lb. a** goes over to the sideline to recover. Which is exactly what will happen to him in the regular season IMO.

They never even looked his way or attempted to throw over there. They didn't even call his #. It's different from getting open. Jason Hill is open plenty of times.

They threw to that joke Zeigler who they will probably keep like 3 or 4 times in a row to give him reps apparently. Then Z. gets banged one time real hard and his weak 185 lb. a** goes over to the sideline to recover. Which is exactly what will happen to him in the regular season IMO.

Just because he is open does not mean he ran the right route, it just means he was open. If it were sand lot ball, you would have valid point, but trust me if Carr, or Smith felt any level of trust in him he would get the ball.

Just because he is open does not mean he ran the right route, it just means he was open. If it were sand lot ball, you would have valid point, but trust me if Carr, or Smith felt any level of trust in him he would get the ball.

Carr didn't even look that way. He telegraphed his passes to Ziegler. Which makes me think it was a coaches move to get Z. the ball to see what he can do in the preseason. I think it was very much on purpose they went to him multiple times in a row and ignored other players on the field. Not just Jason Hill BTW. TE's and RB's too and other WR's. The plan and the play calls were to go to Zeigler. That's obvious. Perhaps to test him and perhaps to see what they would get.

But IMO we will error greatly to keep Zeigler. You saw what happened when his skinny 185 lb. frame took a hit. He wanted to come out of the game and sit on the sideline. That will happen in the regular season too you know. Except more violently...

Carr didn't even look that way. He telegraphed his passes to Ziegler. Which makes me think it was a coaches move to get Z. the ball to see what he can do in the preseason. I think it was very much on purpose they went to him multiple times in a row and ignored other players on the field. Not just Jason Hill BTW. TE's and RB's too and other WR's. The plan and the play calls were to go to Zeigler. That's obvious. Perhaps to test him and perhaps to see what they would get.

But IMO we will error greatly to keep Zeigler. You saw what happened when his skinny 185 lb. frame took a hit. He wanted to come out of the game and sit on the sideline. That will happen in the regular season too you know. Except more violently...

The likelihood of that happening will be low because if he makes the final roster he wont see much playing time. If we do use him I doubt it will be crossing patterns, we would use him for jump balls. Remember he would be the 5th guy.
Originally posted by jreff22:

The likelihood of that happening will be low because if he makes the final roster he wont see much playing time. If we do use him I doubt it will be crossing patterns, we would use him for jump balls. Remember he would be the 5th guy.

I don't think he even belongs on the 53 man roster. If you make the 53 you have to have some toughness. And Z. doesn't have it. I can't understand the hype with him. I see him as only a preseason guy. And a practice squad type. He's too skinny and not tough and his speed isn't that great. I don't see what people are seeing with him.
Originally posted by jreff22:

And if we do go with him instead of Hill, could they just make him wear extra padding... like memory foam or something? I'm afraid he'll break a bone if he gets hit very hard or sandwiched/manwhiched between two males!!!
[ Edited by seeking6th on Aug 29, 2010 at 12:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone