LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Jason Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's been mentally checked out since he went to the media last season and complained about his role with the team.
I'll never really understand why the coaching staff puts so little weight on his actual gameday production, since after all that is what counts in the end.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him go on to be a productive third wideout for a team more willing to overlook the behind-the-scenes stuff, whatever his problems are.
Just cut him!!!!! Hes not that good duh thats why our Qbs dont target him
You ever wonder why I guy, say a free agent looks horrible on your team, or a free agent leaves your team and does better elsewhere? It's the system stupid! Hill simply does not do well in Raye's system, Ziggy does, so we either toss out Raye and his system or we lose Hill, not really any doubt now is there, nothing against Hill, but he is not right for this offensive system.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
You ever wonder why I guy, say a free agent looks horrible on your team, or a free agent leaves your team and does better elsewhere? It's the system stupid! Hill simply does not do well in Raye's system, Ziggy does, so we either toss out Raye and his system or we lose Hill, not really any doubt now is there, nothing against Hill, but he is not right for this offensive system.

Should go to the Bears, looked good with Martz in 08
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Should go to the Bears, looked good with Martz in 08

If he did, and he plays well, we will never hear the end of it! I hope he goes somewhere he fits in WORSE so I don't have to hear how dumb we were to let him go!
Did we ever find out why Hill was tossed in the doghouse from the start of last season? As I recall, he had a great pre-season then spent the regular season as a persona non grata until he did himself in with his little mid-season outburst.
If we do cut Hill, i hope he gets picked up by a team and becomes a Multi-Probowl WR, i love this kid and it hurts that we don't use him like we should, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more talanted than Dominique Overrated
[ Edited by Slash49 on Aug 29, 2010 at 8:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
If I were J. Hill I would just stop caring, wait to get cut, and get picked up by the vikings or the patriots. Then he would actually be used in an offense that doesn't feature the 2nd string TE.

And this. What is with the Delanie Walker thing? It has never worked as long as we tried. And yes I know he made one big play last night. But for the most part he is not that wide open and his hands are really inconsistent. Or perhaps I should say "consistent." His hands are consistently bad. How many have we all seen Walker tip up into the air for int's and how many does he drop?

I like Delanie, but I STILL don't understand why they have him run streaks....he is not a receiver that is good catching it over his shoulder.....Delanie is faster than LBs yes, and maybe safties....but not CBs....and we shouldn't expect him to be succesful in those types of situations.....

let him use his speed underneath......and have REAL burners like Ginn and Jason Hill run the deep routes...

this coaching staff is real incompetent sometimes......I mean they actually throw WR screens to Josh Morgan....... JOSH MORGAN!.....and even some to Crabtree are not wise anymore.... I mean, in college maybe, but in the NFL defense are alot smarter and faster...can't remember a screen to Crabtree working.

throw screens to Ginn and Hill.....throw streaks to Ginn and Hill......not to slow players like Morgan and Delanie (when matched up with CBs)....these are all wasted plays...like the ones to Moran Norris

The pro Delanie Walker and anti Jason Hill bias of this coaching staff is puzzling to me.

the coaches just don't know how to use our players.....Walker looks fine out there most of the time...he creates match up problems....but again our coaches are just weird .
Whenever Jimmy Raye is shown the door, our O will be explosive. Right now the only reason I would call us explosive, is gore. (At some point defenses will figure out that VD seam route.)
They didn't throw to him. How is he supposed to make a play if they don't throw to him? He's always made plays in games when they call his #. IMO he's better than Ziegler who is a preseason only guy.

He has to run the right route, he has to make the right adjustments against the coverage, he has to GET OPEN! Hill is not consistently doing these things, Ziggy all of a sudden is, I don't really like one more than the other, but if Hill wants to stay on this team he had better get his head out of his hole!
A QB will stop looking at inconsistent WR's he has a split second to make a read, and deliver a pass, his job depends on it, ask your self, who you going to look for, the guy who is on the same page or some knucklehead running the wrong route? Remember your NFL carer and millions of dollars depend on your choice.

They never even looked his way or attempted to throw over there. They didn't even call his #. It's different from getting open. Jason Hill is open plenty of times.

They threw to that joke Zeigler who they will probably keep like 3 or 4 times in a row to give him reps apparently. Then Z. gets banged one time real hard and his weak 185 lb. a** goes over to the sideline to recover. Which is exactly what will happen to him in the regular season IMO.

The "joke Zeigler"? It's funny that guys like you and several others refuse to see the obvious. That "joke" has the confidence of not just the coaches (who, I admit, often have biases), but his QB's and fellow players, which is more important; not to mention even the opposing teams lackey announcers! All Ziggy has done and continues to do, is run the right routes, catch most everything his hands touch, go fearlessly across the middle, impress the crap out of coaches, teammates, media and MOST knowledgeable observers and NOT grandstand when he makes a play. Yeah, he's a stick. That's obvious. But he's there when you need him and that's important when you go into battle. I don't think Hill's teammates and obviously, coaches, believe that of him. And isn't that pretty important?

Originally posted by 4evrfan:
They didn't throw to him. How is he supposed to make a play if they don't throw to him? He's always made plays in games when they call his #. IMO he's better than Ziegler who is a preseason only guy.

He has to run the right route, he has to make the right adjustments against the coverage, he has to GET OPEN! Hill is not consistently doing these things, Ziggy all of a sudden is, I don't really like one more than the other, but if Hill wants to stay on this team he had better get his head out of his hole!
A QB will stop looking at inconsistent WR's he has a split second to make a read, and deliver a pass, his job depends on it, ask your self, who you going to look for, the guy who is on the same page or some knucklehead running the wrong route? Remember your NFL carer and millions of dollars depend on your choice.

They never even looked his way or attempted to throw over there. They didn't even call his #. It's different from getting open. Jason Hill is open plenty of times.

They threw to that joke Zeigler who they will probably keep like 3 or 4 times in a row to give him reps apparently. Then Z. gets banged one time real hard and his weak 185 lb. a** goes over to the sideline to recover. Which is exactly what will happen to him in the regular season IMO.

The "joke Zeigler"? It's funny that guys like you and several others refuse to see the obvious. That "joke" has the confidence of not just the coaches (who, I admit, often have biases), but his QB's and fellow players, which is more important; not to mention even the opposing teams lackey announcers! All Ziggy has done and continues to do, is run the right routes, catch most everything his hands touch, go fearlessly across the middle, impress the crap out of coaches, teammates, media and MOST knowledgeable observers and NOT grandstand when he makes a play. Yeah, he's a stick. That's obvious. But he's there when you need him and that's important when you go into battle. I don't think Hill's teammates and obviously, coaches, believe that of him. And isn't that pretty important?

Zig will be just fine, and you guys all hating on him for being a stick.. should have followed McCloughan to seattle. Size isn't everything, look at welker... and others who have played the game.
lol at everyone hating on Zeigler for taking Hill's job. Everyone says Zeig is going to get crushed and sucks and blah blah blah but he's been more durable than Hill over the years through TCs and stuff. Supposedly he does a great job in practice with his route running and has some nice leaping ability+he's 6'3'' with nice hands. Plus Smith keeps throwing to him and the balls are getting caught so far in the preseason. Nobody really has thrown to Hill. If he was as badass as you guys say he is don't you think one of our QBs would be consistently using him as a target? Atleast Carr or Davis? But they aren't. Zeigler has come from the bottom and put in a ton of work and if he's as good as advertised now and can stay healthy he deserves to play.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Dominique Ziegler weighs 5 lbs. more than Ted Ginn and about 5 lbs. less than Jerry Rice played. He has earned the trust of his coaches and his teammates with his preparation an performance.

Jason Hill underproduced in college and wasn't even in the early rounds conversation until he pulled off a shocking 40 time. And yet, he's never played to that speed. And though he has had a few big catches he hasn't executed his assignments well enough or consistently enough over 3 years to be anything more than a guy fighting for the last spot.

Maybe Afrikan and Sandiegoniner grew up with Hill, and if so, then I can understand the blind loyalty. But if you're Niner fans, at some point you have to start to accept the fact that, for once, we have a coaching staff that DOESN'T have an agenda - unless you call giving the roster spots to the people who show up at work on time, prepared, in command of their assignments and giving 100% on every play having an agenda.

Frankly, that's the kind of agenda I'm happy to support.
I really like Hill but Ziggy has done enough to be on this team. I'm sure another team will find a very good way to use Hill, but Ziggy is almost an automatic catch. I do think we will miss Hill's after the catch production.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I would rather keep Hill over ziegler, I hate ziegler.
Share 49ersWebzone