LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Jason Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They'll keep Hill over BJones. Rotoworld thinks so, too

" Ginn will compete with slot receiver Jason Hill for snaps in sub-packages. 2009 free agent bust Brandon Jones is a candidate for release."

Rotoworld link
Originally posted by CheapThrill:
How do you know Hill has no strength.

I ran into him at lunch yesterday at Santana Row. He was trying to bench press a 45 lb bar and he couldn't do it. Sorry I don't have pics but it's true.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by CheapThrill:
How do you know Hill has no strength.

I ran into him at lunch yesterday at Santana Row. He was trying to bench press a 45 lb bar and he couldn't do it. Sorry I don't have pics but it's true.

Ohh, damn. That was you. I was wondering how some guy could confuse me (an old white dude) for Jason Hill; but, seriously.... Those 45lb bars are heavy man...

Sorry, almost forgot the pic (gotta have proof these days)
[ Edited by D_Niner on Apr 16, 2010 at 11:33 AM ]
I love our WR group now after the addition of Ginn. Somebody who could be a #2 or #3 on many other teams probably won't make the final roster this year. Everybody seems to pointing at Hill and Brandon Jones.
Get rid of Jones. Hill is younger and he ran a "4.3"!!!! He can be a good possession WR!
Its nice to have these kinda problems thinking about it its been a while since we were deep @ WR with some decent talent.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Don't teams normally carry 5 WR's?

Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Hill
Jones

fine by me
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:

" Ginn will compete with slot receiver Jason Hill for snaps in sub-packages. 2009 free agent bust Brandon Jones is a candidate for release."

Rotoworld link

Didn't he get like 5 million signing bonus.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Hammerthrow99:

Rotoworld link

Didn't he get like 5 million signing bonus.

Another great McCloughan signing
That's why they have training camp and preseason games...let the competition begin. (And don't forget Ziegler).

WR depth chart

Crabtree
Morgan
Ginn
Jones
Hill
Zeigler

No way they go with 4 WR, so Zeigler is odd man out as of right now.

btw it's funny that Isaac Bruce is still listed as being on the roster. Battle and Bruce are gone so it's concievable that Ginn and Zeigler take those spots on the 53 man.

People forget that Hill also contributes on special teams as a gunner. He'll be on this team until the end of his first contract. If he's not the 3rd WR by then, they'll find a cheaper rookie to replace him, when that time comes.
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Its nice to have these kinda problems thinking about it its been a while since we were deep @ WR with some decent talent.

Much better than Taylor Jacobs and Rod Gilmore.
I'm surprised Hill hasn't asked for a trade yet. Didn't he do it last year, now that we have Ginn, why would he want to stay around being gunner on the punt team.

But it's also not worth it to trade any of our receivers if Ginn's worth a 5th what are Hill and Jones worth

Pretty sure the 49ers will just cut Jones and blame that signing on McCloughan and make Hill suck it up
Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
I'm surprised Hill hasn't asked for a trade yet. Didn't he do it last year, now that we have Ginn, why would he want to stay around being gunner on the punt team.

But it's also not worth it to trade any of our receivers if Ginn's worth a 5th what are Hill and Jones worth

Pretty sure the 49ers will just cut Jones and blame that signing on McCloughan and make Hill suck it up

Ummmm just a thought but we had both Hill and Jones on our 53 man roster last season. We lost two others from that same 53 man roster THIS offseason. Battle and Bruce.

Battle went to Pittsburgh

Bruce retired.

We got Ginn.

Hmmm think we have the room to keep BOTH Jones and Hill?

Yeah I think so.

If I were Hill I wouldn't worry if they call out a WR's name next Saturday. I would worry about it if they called 2 or 3 WRs' out in the whole draft. So long as he puts his nose to the grindstone he should be fine.

I would entertain offers for Jones though. Not because he sucks, cuz he doesn't. But because it's going to be hard for him to get on the field as it is.

In any case trade or no trade we're fine at WR.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone