There are 202 users in the forums

Jason Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GORO
  • Veteran
If the Niners are going to have the offense resemble the 2006 version, we need a deep threat. Jason Hill should not be inactive, he should be splitting reps with Battle and that will give Shaun Hill a wr that can get deep.
Originally posted by GORO:
If the Niners are going to have the offense resemble the 2006 version, we need a deep threat. Jason Hill should not be inactive, he should be splitting reps with Battle and that will give Shaun Hill a wr that can get deep.

Agreed. Unfortunetly it seems that the team appreciates Spurlock's recieving and special team abilities over Jason Hill's. I personally don't think Spurlock is going to stick on the team long without actually taking Rossums spot, so it kinda bothers me that they are neglecting Jason Hill's ability to help the team in the long run.

That's just me though, for all we know there is something else going on behind closed doors
I'm a huge Jason Hill fan... I feel he should be getting way more plays......but I think we should trade him to the Bears or something, because it doesn't make sense for a player like Hill to be on the inactive list where as Spurlock as a rookie is active ahead of him....

I'm sure there was a part of him looking forward to getting released .

if he is inactive for a couple of more weeks I can see him causing a disturbance if the team refuses to release or trade him...... I mean what would you do if you were him?
"It's all good guys, I'm just chillen"

[ Edited by YuNGaCE on Sep 13, 2009 at 21:42:18 ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I'm a huge Jason Hill fan... I feel he should be getting way more plays......but I think we should trade him to the Bears or something, because it doesn't make sense for a player like Hill to be on the inactive list where as Spurlock as a rookie is active ahead of him....

I'm sure there was a part of him looking forward to getting released .

if he is inactive for a couple of more weeks I can see him causing a disturbance if the team refuses to release or trade him...... I mean what would you do if you were him?

I hear ya. I too am a Jason Hill fan and am so...incredibly....SURPRISED by people who say he's an underachiever The guy makes plays when given the opportunity...that is a proven fact. I want him to see more action.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
"It's all good guys, I'm just chillen"

Ya, that's too bad. It seemed like Hill was Hill's favorite target down the stretch last season. I'd rather see Hill over Spurlock any day, but I guess being in the tazer formation means more than overall WR talent.
Hill has made plays. Spurlock is Singletary's PJ Fleck and Brian Gilmore. I remember when I said we shoulda drafted Braylon someone mentioned that it would have been a waste since Nolan would have started Gilmore over him.

Same thing?
Yeah, that guy needs to play. He's not quite as physical as Morgan, but he's tough, fast, and most importantly, catches with his hands.

Honestly, in the last part of last season I thought Hill showed that he had as much potential as Morgan (although a bit of a different skill set). I don't understand why he's so left out now, when we clearly need some help with our passing game.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
What kind of f**king offense was that? Only utilizing 3 WRs?

Rarely do you see an NFL offense do that.

• NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by geturembedder:
Hill has made plays. Spurlock is Singletary's PJ Fleck and Brian Gilmore. I remember when I said we shoulda drafted Braylon someone mentioned that it would have been a waste since Nolan would have started Gilmore over him.

Same thing?

Pretty much. Even if Hill did play today I doubt he would have made much of an impact. Not the way the playcalling and o-line was.
Looks like Hill's career as a 49er is coming to an end. Especially when Brandon Jones come back I'm pretty sure Hill will be released.
Only way Jason Hill suits up if something were to happen to Spurlock.

Then Brandon Jones will return pushing Jason Hill back to the inactive list.
Originally posted by GEEK:
What kind of f**king offense was that? Only utilizing 3 WRs?

Rarely do you see an NFL offense do that.

Um, we ran 4 wide at one point. Morgan, Bruce, Battle, Spurlock.

Add into that the times we used VD or D-Love in the slot.
its a damn shame he's probably going to be released. I honestly don't understand what Spurlock brings to the team. it certainly isn't more than Jason Hill. Hill has shown some flashes, but mostly he's been a really reliable guy when plays break down or on 3rd down. After last year I thought of him as the eventual replacement, and upgrade, over Battle. Why would we release him for some dude who has "versatility" that we aren't even using?
Share 49ersWebzone