There are 366 users in the forums

Jason Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wait j hill is going to get a shot this week? i hope he takes advantage of it. he was awesome last year.
About Jason Hill's run blocking ability... the guy is a above average blocker...in fact I'd say he is one par with Morgan... and you wouldn't think this because of his size 6'0 200

If you watch the last preseason game....you would see him blocking left and right....and on top of that his blocking might have helped Spurlock get a roster spot with us....

on one of Spurlock's biggest kick returns, Jason had the key block that helped Spurlock get those yards.... I'll try to look for the replay.
Here is Singletary's take on Hill.

On WR Jason Hill:
“Once again, though training camp, Jason Hill was injured with a hamstring, a groin, a this, a that and missed a lot of time. The thing in the National Football League is the things you did the year before is outstanding, it’s great, but it only counts last year. Going forward, everybody has to earn that spot. In all fairness, we want to put the best 53 guys out there on the field. Jason Hill is another guy who may have a chance to be up this week. It just depends on how it works out out here. But he and Brandon Jones both may have an opportunity to be up this week depending on how it goes.”
Originally posted by 49ERGUY:
Here is Singletary's take on Hill. On WR Jason Hill: “Once again, though training camp, Jason Hill was injured with a hamstring, a groin, a this, a that and missed a lot of time. The thing in the National Football League is the things you did the year before is outstanding, it’s great, but it only counts last year. Going forward, everybody has to earn that spot. In all fairness, we want to put the best 53 guys out there on the field. Jason Hill is another guy who may have a chance to be up this week. It just depends on how it works out out here. But he and Brandon Jones both may have an opportunity to be up this week depending on how it goes.”

sounds to me like sing just called out jason hill? i just want to see him get the ball a few times this week.
I think management wants to store Hill in the attic until 2010 when Bruce and Battle are gone and Hill is in his contract year.

Hopefully Crabtree will be here too.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Here is Singletary's take on Hill. On WR Jason Hill: “Once again, though training camp, Jason Hill was injured with a hamstring, a groin, a this, a that and missed a lot of time. The thing in the National Football League is the things you did the year before is outstanding, it’s great, but it only counts last year. Going forward, everybody has to earn that spot. In all fairness, we want to put the best 53 guys out there on the field. Jason Hill is another guy who may have a chance to be up this week. It just depends on how it works out out here. But he and Brandon Jones both may have an opportunity to be up this week depending on how it goes.”

sounds to me like sing just called out jason hill? i just want to see him get the ball a few times this week.

kinda dangerous if that is not true..... I like Singletary, but that almost sounds like what Martz tried to do with Shaun awhile back as far as saying "the guy has injuries and that is why he is not getting playing time." when there really were no true injuries that would have stopped them from playing..... I haven't heard of Jason Hill being injured during the preseason.....as well as in the regular season.... he played great in preseason with the time he had...he didn't even drop one pass

now back to the other thing about last year not meaning much.... well, didn't that have to do with Shaun winning the starting position in the QB "battle" the coaches took into consideration what Shaun did in this preseason (which wasn't much) as well as what he did last year (rightfully so)........so why wouldn't the coaches take what Jason did last year into consideration......weird, but what ever...

If Jason is a good player with the potential of being a great player like I feel he will be.... then everything will eventually workout for him, be it with our team....or another team that would use his talent.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for Afrikan.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I think management wants to store Hill in the attic until 2010 when Bruce and Battle are gone and Hill is in his contract year.

this is what I always have believed....because they would have traded or released him by now....roster spots are important....and I think we would have heard Jason asking for a trade if he wasn't assured something.

I think with Bruce coming back this season, it threw everyone off......then add that Crabtree fell to #10.

just bad luck it seems.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Bingo!
Yeah it is dangerous, and thats a good point about how what shaun did last year played into the qb competition but what jason hill did doesnt matter? thats a double standard. i know he was nicked up during otas but yeah i dont remember anything about during training camp. i think that jason hill can be a contributer for sure. hes a great route runner and has great hands. last year announcers were getting the guy mixed up with isaac bruce. tge ny giants had their 2 3rd round draft picks from a few years ago step up as reliable options. i cant help but feel like morgan and hill can be our version of manningham and smith.
Yeah it is dangerous, and thats a good point about how what shaun did last year played into the qb competition but what jason hill did doesnt matter? thats a double standard. i know he was nicked up during otas but yeah i dont remember anything about during training camp. i think that jason hill can be a contributer for sure. hes a great route runner and has great hands. last year announcers were getting the guy mixed up with isaac bruce. tge ny giants had their 2 3rd round draft picks from a few years ago step up as reliable options. i cant help but feel like morgan and hill can be our version of manningham and smith.

I really like Hill, and want him to play, BUT he was injured for a lot of training camp....

Originally posted by Afrikan:

kinda dangerous if that is not true..... I like Singletary, but that almost sounds like what Martz tried to do with Shaun awhile back as far as saying "the guy has injuries and that is why he is not getting playing time." when there really were no true injuries that would have stopped them from playing..... I haven't heard of Jason Hill being injured during the preseason.....as well as in the regular season.... he played great in preseason with the time he had...he didn't even drop one pass

now back to the other thing about last year not meaning much.... well, didn't that have to do with Shaun winning the starting position in the QB "battle" the coaches took into consideration what Shaun did in this preseason (which wasn't much) as well as what he did last year (rightfully so)........so why wouldn't the coaches take what Jason did last year into consideration......weird, but what ever...

If Jason is a good player with the potential of being a great player like I feel he will be.... then everything will eventually workout for him, be it with our team....or another team that would use his talent.

Actually i think his injuries were legit. He supposedly had a hamstring issue throughout training camp. linkage

According to both Matt's, he had a weak training camp. Did anybody think that this might have been the reason why he's not getting onto the field?

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Actually i think his injuries were legit. He supposedly had a hamstring issue throughout training camp. linkage

According to both Matt's, he had a weak training camp. Did anybody think that this might have been the reason why he's not getting onto the field?

-9fA

At least those are legit reasons. If he's not on the field to compete, how can he move up the depth chart? (rhetorical question)

I hope they don't give up on him because both Bruce and Battle are on the last year of their contracts and well Crabtree is obviously MIA.

Hill reminds me of Bruce. He's just so smooth- running his routes and catching passes. Sometimes it looks effortless.

I highly doubt he enters the game was a receiver unless 2 WRs go down with injuries. He definitely contribute on special teams though which is another thing he is good at.
The guy hasn't even suited up for a game. Why does he have an 8 page thread????
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

Crabtree isn't even signed and there are probably 500 pages about him. What do you expect? It's a 49ers message board.
[ Edited by B650 on Sep 30, 2009 at 8:21 PM ]
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by backontop:

Crabtree isn't even signed and there are probably 500 pages about him. What do you expect? It's a 49ers message board.

for people to get a life???
Share 49ersWebzone