LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Jason Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
One of the Matt blogs said Hill might be active this week.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by backontop:
The guy hasn't even suited up for a game. Why does he have an 8 page thread????

Crabtree isn't even signed and there are probably 500 pages about him. What do you expect? It's a 49ers message board.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I think management wants to store Hill in the attic until 2010 when Bruce and Battle are gone and Hill is in his contract year.

Hopefully Crabtree will be here too.

this is what I always have believed....because they would have traded or released him by now....roster spots are important....and I think we would have heard Jason asking for a trade if he wasn't assured something.

I think with Bruce coming back this season, it threw everyone off......then add that Crabtree fell to #10.

just bad luck it seems.

Also factor in the signing of Brandon Jones to a sizeable contract and the camp he was having too ...... we should finally find out if it translates into games soon.
Looks like Spurlock will be inactive this weekend, while Jason Hill and Brandon Jones will both be activated, according to Sando. Spurlock's stint on the active roster seems to be done.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Looks like Spurlock will be inactive this weekend, while Jason Hill and Brandon Jones will both be activated, according to Sando. Spurlock's stint on the active roster seems to be done.

Cool. Death to the Taser OR M Rob running it, then.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This could be another case of the fanbase overrating a player.
Originally posted by FL9er:
This could be another case of the fanbase overrating a player.

Exactly...
Originally posted by jreff22:

thank god. he was a nonfactor
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Cool. Death to the Taser OR M Rob running it, then.

That was the first thing that popped in my mind as well. No more Tazer

I want Jason on the team first and foremost....but I would still rather have Spurlock on the team more so than Rossum. The Guy is bigger, faster, and can be used as a WR.

where as Rossum is not a good CB.

Great news! I look forward to seein both of them play, although, I wouldn't expect too much from Brandon Jones until after the bye.
Originally posted by fzrdave:

Great news! I look forward to seein both of them play, although, I wouldn't expect too much from Brandon Jones until after the bye.

fantastic. spurlock is a waste of space. i really hope hill has a very effective game and the coaches realize that he can be, he has been, a valuable part of this team.
I wouldn't say Spurlock is a waste of space unless the only value he has right now is when we are running the taser.

I am glad Hill is getting the opportunity and I honestly want Spurlock to get an opportunity to showcase what he can do as well. By the end of the season we should know exactly what we have in all of our young receivers. The best case scenario would be if Hill, Morgan, and Jones outperform Isaac Bruce. It would say more for the longterm future of our team is these 3 demonstrate they are a better option that Isaac Bruce as opposed to them being given the spot once Bruce steps aside.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
It sounds like Jason Hill or Brandon Jones will play. Spurlock continues to get a seat, despite doing nothing for us. Do they think Spurlock is our Percy Harvin?
Share 49ersWebzone