LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Jason Hill

Shop Find 49ers gear online
only way im willing to give spurlock another chance on the active roster is returning kicks. rossum has lost it
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I wouldn't say Spurlock is a waste of space unless the only value he has right now is when we are running the taser.

I am glad Hill is getting the opportunity and I honestly want Spurlock to get an opportunity to showcase what he can do as well. By the end of the season we should know exactly what we have in all of our young receivers. The best case scenario would be if Hill, Morgan, and Jones outperform Isaac Bruce. It would say more for the longterm future of our team is these 3 demonstrate they are a better option that Isaac Bruce as opposed to them being given the spot once Bruce steps aside.

Agreed.
Originally posted by The_Distort:
Originally posted by GORO:
If the Niners are going to have the offense resemble the 2006 version, we need a deep threat. Jason Hill should not be inactive, he should be splitting reps with Battle and that will give Shaun Hill a wr that can get deep.

Agreed. Unfortunetly it seems that the team appreciates Spurlock's recieving and special team abilities over Jason Hill's. I personally don't think Spurlock is going to stick on the team long without actually taking Rossums spot, so it kinda bothers me that they are neglecting Jason Hill's ability to help the team in the long run.

That's just me though, for all we know there is something else going on behind closed doors

Agree!
pretty good play by hill today on special teams. he took out the punt returner and the blocker so mckillop could jump in

Why does this dude still get no love? Pretty reliable in my opinion. If it's betwwen Hill and Jerry Sullivan I would keep Hill in a second.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Why does this dude still get no love? Pretty reliable in my opinion. If it's betwwen Hill and Jerry Sullivan I would keep Hill in a second.

He seems to do well every time he gets a chance.
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

He seems to do well every time he gets a chance.

Exactly. I do not understand the logic behind holding him back.
Can't hate on the Wazzu Alum. The kid has hands and it ticked me off royally to see that scrub Spurlock activated over him.

This is pure and simple straight up SULLIVAN. The man kept Lelie off the field in favor of Gilmore because Gilmore was "a better player in practice" nevermind that they only ran plays in practice one time success or failure. How can ANYONE trust what that man says anymore. If someone held a gun to my head and told me that I only get one choice as to which to let go and it was between Foerster or Sully and that if I chose wrong I would get capped? I would gladly be capped and choose Sully.

Sully has ridden the hell out of his success in Arizona. And personally I think that it was more the talent of the Players and the scheme they ran, rather than the WR coach. But hey what do I know, they're still somewhat successful and he's not. We need to send that guy a pair of cement shoes and a free bungee jump off the Gate before he screws up with Tree. I've NEVER seen a kid with solid hands be so bad at the next level. In college Tree caught most everything around him. He gets here and has drop after drop after drop. That is COACHING not the Player.

I'm so disgusted right now.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Can't hate on the Wazzu Alum. The kid has hands and it ticked me off royally to see that scrub Spurlock activated over him.

This is pure and simple straight up SULLIVAN. The man kept Lelie off the field in favor of Gilmore because Gilmore was "a better player in practice" nevermind that they only ran plays in practice one time success or failure. How can ANYONE trust what that man says anymore. If someone held a gun to my head and told me that I only get one choice as to which to let go and it was between Foerster or Sully and that if I chose wrong I would get capped? I would gladly be capped and choose Sully.

Sully has ridden the hell out of his success in Arizona. And personally I think that it was more the talent of the Players and the scheme they ran, rather than the WR coach. But hey what do I know, they're still somewhat successful and he's not. We need to send that guy a pair of cement shoes and a free bungee jump off the Gate before he screws up with Tree. I've NEVER seen a kid with solid hands be so bad at the next level. In college Tree caught most everything around him. He gets here and has drop after drop after drop. That is COACHING not the Player.

I'm so disgusted right now.

~Ceadder

Yeah, the drops are perplexing, but not unprecidented. Remember, Jerry dropped a bunch his rookie year too. Now if Crabtree turns into half the receiver Rice was............
As for Hill, this is a small thing but served as a real "tease" for next year. Now, I know his track speed doesn't fully translate to the football field, but one catch this last game intrigued me if only because he turned and accelerated faster than I ever recall seeing him go before. Just for that split second, I got a taste of what he might be capable of should he ever get a ball at full or near full speed and actually have the opportunity to keep on running. Like it or not, our receivers just don't get that ball in full stride too often. That glimpse of a burst by Hill suggests possibilities. I sure hope he gets a fair shake next year. Same goes for Jones. I just have the feeling they can match or better Morgan's very average performance this year, plus they're faster. (It's a scary thing when Raye describes Morgan as "fast". Makes you question his eyesight, if not his judgement)
I think our wide receivers need to get rid of the cement shoes.

So with the news of Ginn in tow, what happens to Hill? Do we keep him and drop Jones or vice versa?
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
So with the news of Ginn in tow, what happens to Hill? Do we keep him and drop Jones or vice versa?

I'd rather have Hill. At least he's not overpaid.
Most likely gone.

He's fast and has ok hands, but has no strength whatsoever.
He is cheaper than Jones right?
How do you know Hill has no strength. Every time he has had a chance to come in he has been able to make things happen. Yes you can quote the time he dropped a pass but who hasn't. Hill was one of the fastest players at the combine prior to being drafetd. He has the skills, speed and abilities we are looking for, he just needs a healthy camp and a chance.
Share 49ersWebzone