There are 80 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaun Hill: Martz made me look bad

Shaun Hill and the niners better start doing some Damage control.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Oh gimme a freakin BREAK.

I just got finished reading an article talking up Hill's ability to point the finger in his OWN direction (Mayhew's latest) and now we have THIS?!?!

If there was ONE thing that I admired about Hill it was his ability to take the blame even when it wasn't his fault. To all his supporters, that showed leadership. I've been up in the air until NOW. Shaun Hill=Barrack Obama. Built up on ALOT of nothing and then rammed down my freakin throat.

Say what you want but mark my words he's NOT going to last long. Not if this article is true. Martz is GONE, what the truck does he have to do with the 49ers of the PRESENT. Good leaders recognize this fact and move on. Poor leaders blame others when it is convenient for them to do so.

I hope that he doesn't lose too many games for us.

~Ceadder

Oh stop, Smith agreed too or added to it:

Quote:
"It was totally known, a done deal," fellow QB Alex Smith added. "[Martz] just manipulated it, with everything."

Smith is also 24?

And Hill is how old?

Not to mention that HILL is our Starter not Smith.

I expect young bucks to make comments before thinking.

I do not expect older supposed "leaders" to do this too.

Sorry Kolohe but I stand by the post.

~Ceadder
Anyone with a brain could tell that QB competition was BS. I said it last year that JTO had no business being in that competition and the fact that he suddenly came out of nowhere was a friggin joke.

Funny how many people jumped on his bandwagon only to come crashing off of it when he couldn't hide his knack for turnovers.

That's why I'm in love with Sing. The guy is a straight shooter and if he says there is competition and both guys are on equal footing the players know it's legit.

My only concern with Sing and Raye is that they don't get all Mooch like late in the 4th quarter if we have the lead in close games. I want us to be a pound the ball and move the chains team but sometimes you can't just run 3 straight downs into consistent 3 and outs and give the other team a chance.

That game against Chicago where we gave up 15 points in like 2 minutes and lost in OT still haunts me. Perfect example of why you play to win....not to not lose.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
The funny thing is martz has been saying a lot of good stuff about shaun on nfl network. i can understand why he would be mad and all, i hated jto, so i dont know. im not really sure martz deserves all this since he has been givin us props so much. i remember in the preseason last year shaun did play kind of terribly. he should probably just own it himself rather than pointing a finger at martz. then again martz and his partners in crime jto+nolan killed the season last year.

The only part that Nolan played in last year was allowing Martz to bring JTO along. It screwed up team chemistry in a huge way. Also he had to LET Martz have his head. Meaning Martz had complete control on Offense. So he built Frankenstein Junior installed him in the Offense and let him go.

But like I'm saying now Hill needs to shut his pie hole. Smith may have backed his play but the past is past. We need to look to the future.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Oh gimme a freakin BREAK.

I just got finished reading an article talking up Hill's ability to point the finger in his OWN direction (Mayhew's latest) and now we have THIS?!?!

If there was ONE thing that I admired about Hill it was his ability to take the blame even when it wasn't his fault. To all his supporters, that showed leadership. I've been up in the air until NOW. Shaun Hill=Barrack Obama. Built up on ALOT of nothing and then rammed down my freakin throat.

Say what you want but mark my words he's NOT going to last long. Not if this article is true. Martz is GONE, what the truck does he have to do with the 49ers of the PRESENT. Good leaders recognize this fact and move on. Poor leaders blame others when it is convenient for them to do so.

I hope that he doesn't lose too many games for us.

~Ceadder

Oh stop, Smith agreed too or added to it:

Quote:
"It was totally known, a done deal," fellow QB Alex Smith added. "[Martz] just manipulated it, with everything."

Smith is also 24?

And Hill is how old?

Not to mention that HILL is our Starter not Smith.

I expect young bucks to make comments before thinking.

I do not expect older supposed "leaders" to do this too.

Sorry Kolohe but I stand by the post.

~Ceadder

Hill is just pointing out how much he had to endure to get to this point as a starter. He's only blaming Martz for the staged QB competition, what is Hill at fault for. This would only be an issue if Martz was still our OC. Hill is a leader ask some of his teammates and coaches.
Originally posted by genus49:
Anyone with a brain could tell that QB competition was BS. I said it last year that JTO had no business being in that competition and the fact that he suddenly came out of nowhere was a friggin joke.

Funny how many people jumped on his bandwagon only to come crashing off of it when he couldn't hide his knack for turnovers.

That's why I'm in love with Sing. [b][b]The guy is a straight shooter[/b][/b] and if he says there is competition and both guys are on equal footing the players know it's legit.

My only concern with Sing and Raye is that they don't get all Mooch like late in the 4th quarter if we have the lead in close games. I want us to be a pound the ball and move the chains team but sometimes you can't just run 3 straight downs into consistent 3 and outs and give the other team a chance.

That game against Chicago where we gave up 15 points in like 2 minutes and lost in OT still haunts me. Perfect example of why you play to win....not to not lose.

He is huh. Then why name the QB now. Why not wait til AFTER the 3rd game. Which was what Sing STATED back when we learned there was going to BE a competition.

There was no competition. It was a figment of his imagination.

I'm still behind Sing but man it is NOT looking too good at the moment.

~Ceadder
C'mon guys.

You all make it sound like Hill called a PC to rip Martz out of the blue. The rigged QB competiton (arm fatigue??) was a hot topic around here last year. Now after winning the job in a legit competition a reporter asked Hill about last year and he gave his straight-up opinion on the matter. What's the problem here?

IMO the way the competition went down last year is a big reason Martz is gone.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by genus49:
Anyone with a brain could tell that QB competition was BS. I said it last year that JTO had no business being in that competition and the fact that he suddenly came out of nowhere was a friggin joke.

Funny how many people jumped on his bandwagon only to come crashing off of it when he couldn't hide his knack for turnovers.

That's why I'm in love with Sing. [b][b]The guy is a straight shooter[/b][/b] and if he says there is competition and both guys are on equal footing the players know it's legit.

My only concern with Sing and Raye is that they don't get all Mooch like late in the 4th quarter if we have the lead in close games. I want us to be a pound the ball and move the chains team but sometimes you can't just run 3 straight downs into consistent 3 and outs and give the other team a chance.

That game against Chicago where we gave up 15 points in like 2 minutes and lost in OT still haunts me. Perfect example of why you play to win....not to not lose.

He is huh. Then why name the QB now. Why not wait til AFTER the 3rd game. Which was what Sing STATED back when we learned there was going to BE a competition.

There was no competition. It was a figment of his imagination.


I'm still behind Sing but man it is NOT looking too good at the moment.

~Ceadder


Because there should have never been a competition to begin with.
[ Edited by BETTERDAYZ9ERS on Aug 27, 2009 at 1:09 PM ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,890
ceadder all butt hurt cause alex didn't win the starting job
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 30,892
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Oh gimme a freakin BREAK.

I just got finished reading an article talking up Hill's ability to point the finger in his OWN direction (Mayhew's latest) and now we have THIS?!?!

If there was ONE thing that I admired about Hill it was his ability to take the blame even when it wasn't his fault. To all his supporters, that showed leadership. I've been up in the air until NOW. Shaun Hill=Barrack Obama. Built up on ALOT of nothing and then rammed down my freakin throat.

Say what you want but mark my words he's NOT going to last long. Not if this article is true. Martz is GONE, what the truck does he have to do with the 49ers of the PRESENT. Good leaders recognize this fact and move on. Poor leaders blame others when it is convenient for them to do so.

I hope that he doesn't lose too many games for us.

~Ceadder

Oh stop, Smith agreed too or added to it:

Quote:
"It was totally known, a done deal," fellow QB Alex Smith added. "[Martz] just manipulated it, with everything."

Smith is also 24?

And Hill is how old?

Not to mention that HILL is our Starter not Smith.

I expect young bucks to make comments before thinking.

I do not expect older supposed "leaders" to do this too.

Sorry Kolohe but I stand by the post.

~Ceadder

Are you kidding me, oh so now Smith is a young buck, nonsense.
Originally posted by Dino:
ceadder all butt hurt cause alex didn't win the starting job

There are like 10,000 of em on this here site all of em a lil chapped lol.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
C'mon guys.

You all make it sound like Hill called a PC to rip Martz out of the blue. The rigged QB competiton (arm fatigue??) was a hot topic around here last year. Now after winning the job in a legit competition a reporter asked Hill about last year and he gave his straight-up opinion on the matter. What's the problem here?

IMO the way the competition went down last year is a big reason Martz is gone.

  • Dino
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,890
i've said it before, and i'll say it again... ceadder has to be related to alex smith. i've never seen this much love for one player. it's insane.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
The funny thing is martz has been saying a lot of good stuff about shaun on nfl network. i can understand why he would be mad and all, i hated jto, so i dont know. im not really sure martz deserves all this since he has been givin us props so much. i remember in the preseason last year shaun did play kind of terribly. he should probably just own it himself rather than pointing a finger at martz. then again martz and his partners in crime jto+nolan killed the season last year.
The only part that Nolan played in last year was allowing Martz to bring JTO along. It screwed up team chemistry in a huge way. Also he had to LET Martz have his head. Meaning Martz had complete control on Offense. So he built Frankenstein Junior installed him in the Offense and let him go. But like I'm saying now Hill needs to shut his pie hole. Smith may have backed his play but the past is past. We need to look to the future. ~Ceadder


i agree with you that shaun needs to chill out and let it go since he got the last laugh, for now anyway. i hope he plays well since he is our starter at the moment. at the same time it was a sham competition but if he had played well enough jto wouldnt have gotten a chance to take that job. like i said he needs to own it and move on. it is what it is.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 30,892
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Oh gimme a freakin BREAK.

I just got finished reading an article talking up Hill's ability to point the finger in his OWN direction (Mayhew's latest) and now we have THIS?!?!

If there was ONE thing that I admired about Hill it was his ability to take the blame even when it wasn't his fault. To all his supporters, that showed leadership. I've been up in the air until NOW. Shaun Hill=Barrack Obama. Built up on ALOT of nothing and then rammed down my freakin throat.

Say what you want but mark my words he's NOT going to last long. Not if this article is true. Martz is GONE, what the truck does he have to do with the 49ers of the PRESENT. Good leaders recognize this fact and move on. Poor leaders blame others when it is convenient for them to do so.

I hope that he doesn't lose too many games for us.

~Ceadder

Oh stop, Smith agreed too or added to it:

Quote:
"It was totally known, a done deal," fellow QB Alex Smith added. "[Martz] just manipulated it, with everything."

Smith is also 24?

And Hill is how old?

Not to mention that HILL is our Starter not Smith.

I expect young bucks to make comments before thinking.

I do not expect older supposed "leaders" to do this too.

Sorry Kolohe but I stand by the post.

~Ceadder

Hill is just pointing out how much he had to endure to get to this point as a starter. He's only blaming Martz for the staged QB competition, what is Hill at fault for. This would only be an issue if Martz was still our OC. Hill is a leader ask some of his teammates and coaches.



Being bias and taking things out of context sometimes makes you go deaf.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home