LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Shaun Hill: Martz made me look bad

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I like Shaun Hill but his whining is annoying.

JT O'Sullivan won the QB job last summer because he had the best grasp of Martz's offensive system. Duh...everybody knows that.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Oh gimme a freakin BREAK.

I just got finished reading an article talking up Hill's ability to point the finger in his OWN direction (Mayhew's latest) and now we have THIS?!?!

If there was ONE thing that I admired about Hill it was his ability to take the blame even when it wasn't his fault. To all his supporters, that showed leadership. I've been up in the air until NOW. Shaun Hill=Barrack Obama. Built up on ALOT of nothing and then rammed down my freakin throat.

Say what you want but mark my words he's NOT going to last long. Not if this article is true. Martz is GONE, what the truck does he have to do with the 49ers of the PRESENT. Good leaders recognize this fact and move on. Poor leaders blame others when it is convenient for them to do so.

I hope that he doesn't lose too many games for us.

~Ceadder

wow. i do not see a big deal about this. he is saying martz did not like him in training camp and really liked JTO( umm weren't we all saying that?) and he was not given a fair shake.
Originally posted by crzy:

JT O'Sullivan won the QB job last summer because he had the best grasp of Martz's offensive system. Duh...everybody knows that.

Saying that, why did Hill play better with the same OC?
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

because he is black
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Oh gimme a freakin BREAK.

I just got finished reading an article talking up Hill's ability to point the finger in his OWN direction (Mayhew's latest) and now we have THIS?!?!

If there was ONE thing that I admired about Hill it was his ability to take the blame even when it wasn't his fault. To all his supporters, that showed leadership. I've been up in the air until NOW. Shaun Hill=Barrack Obama. Built up on ALOT of nothing and then rammed down my freakin throat.

Say what you want but mark my words he's NOT going to last long. Not if this article is true. Martz is GONE, what the truck does he have to do with the 49ers of the PRESENT. Good leaders recognize this fact and move on. Poor leaders blame others when it is convenient for them to do so.

I hope that he doesn't lose too many games for us.

~Ceadder

Oh stop, Smith agreed too or added to it:

Quote:
"It was totally known, a done deal," fellow QB Alex Smith added. "[Martz] just manipulated it, with everything."

Smith is also 24?

And Hill is how old?

Not to mention that HILL is our Starter not Smith.

I expect young bucks to make comments before thinking.

I do not expect older supposed "leaders" to do this too.

Sorry Kolohe but I stand by the post.

~Ceadder

Hill is just pointing out how much he had to endure to get to this point as a starter. He's only blaming Martz for the staged QB competition, what is Hill at fault for. This would only be an issue if Martz was still our OC. Hill is a leader ask some of his teammates and coaches.

It's an issue to ME because good leaders say nothing about past issues. Martz made them BOTH look bad. We ALL know this. Even those that were sniffing around JTOs' locker looking to cop his jockstrap. I said it all of last preseason that Smith looked better than JTO and just about got laughed off the Zone for it. In the end it did not matter cause Smith had to go on IR. And "Hill was not ready yet". So I had to have mediocrity force fed to me ALL SEASON long.

The ONLY reason that Hill is looking good to anyone is because he followed JTOs' bumbling circus act and worked a dumbed down playbook. But hey don't take MY word for it. I'm certainly no authority on NFL QBs', but I do know that when we won no matter how close the games were people were immediately enthralled and wanted him to start this season. You can find plenty of evidence to support this throughout the Zone.

Sorry man but he blew it where I am concerned. Any hope I had of him possibly being a solid QB1 went overboard with a lead weight tied to it's neck.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by valrod33:

because he is black

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Because Martz obviously simplified his playbook for Hill midway through the season at Singletary's request.
Originally posted by valrod33:

because he is black

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Funny how this gets overlooked at the end of the article.

Quote:
The last laugh clearly belongs to Hill, but not surprisingly he's too polite and too professional to take it.

Plain and simple, he was being interviewed on last years QB competition and spoke the truth how he felt, which Alex Smith agreed upon. How is being interviewed complaining again??
Originally posted by genus49:
Anyone with a brain could tell that QB competition was BS. I said it last year that JTO had no business being in that competition and the fact that he suddenly came out of nowhere was a friggin joke.

Funny how many people jumped on his bandwagon only to come crashing off of it when he couldn't hide his knack for turnovers.

That's why I'm in love with Sing. [b][b]The guy is a straight shooter[/b][/b] and if he says there is competition and both guys are on equal footing the players know it's legit.

My only concern with Sing and Raye is that they don't get all Mooch like late in the 4th quarter if we have the lead in close games. I want us to be a pound the ball and move the chains team but sometimes you can't just run 3 straight downs into consistent 3 and outs and give the other team a chance.

That game against Chicago where we gave up 15 points in like 2 minutes and lost in OT still haunts me. Perfect example of why you play to win....not to not lose.

He is huh. Then why name the QB now. Why not wait til AFTER the 3rd game. Which was what Sing STATED back when we learned there was going to BE a competition.

There was no competition. It was a figment of his imagination.

I'm still behind Sing but man it is NOT looking too good at the moment.

~Ceadder

What the hell are you talking about? Sing never said when the decision would be made. The competition was very fair and they switched up every practice unlike last year when it was very obvious when JTO was HANDED the job and Nolan kept telling us not to read anything into the fact that JTO was getting every first string practice while Smith got 2nd and Hill hardly practiced.

Because Martz obviously simplified his playbook for Hill midway through the season at Singletary's request.

Then wouldn't that insinuate that Martz's playbook was a little on the crazy side? The issue with Martz is, everything has to be his way or no way.

That's heresay. Martz praised Hill in the article about well he can digest a playbook.
Originally posted by fzrdave:
I was really against hiring Martz at the time, and I can't say that I'm sorry to see him leave. On the other hand, QBs probably should stay quiet when asked questions like these. It makes them look weak even if they were answering completely honestly. I'm just glad that whole bad chapter in 9ers history is over.

This.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by backontop:

Then wouldn't that insinuate that Martz's playbook was a little on the crazy side? The issue with Martz is, everything has to be his way or no way.

I agree with you. And wouldn't it also be smart to simply the playbook after not getting much reps in TC or Preseason with the first or second teams?? As far as I've known last years TC went like this in terms of the depth chart and splitting reps in TC:

JTO
Smith
Hill
Luke Getsy
Originally posted by backontop:

The real blame belongs on the person who hired him for ONE season!!! Everyone knows Martz needs 2-3 seasons and a lot of personell decison making ability. Anyone who knows the first thing about Martz knew it was a marriage made in hell to begin with. Don't blame Martz for accepting the payday.

Why do so few zoners see the root problem? Our woes at QB is 100% GM failures for not acquiring good QB's. It so bloody obvious, Niner Talk is like the Twilight Zone to me.
Share 49ersWebzone