There are 205 users in the forums

Shaun Hill: Martz made me look bad

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
Jim Trotter's article in SI

So Hill and Smith didn't like the way Martz handled the QB competiton. No wonder, Martz was a joke.
[ Edited by Twister68 on Aug 27, 2009 at 12:23 PM ]
I was really against hiring Martz at the time, and I can't say that I'm sorry to see him leave. On the other hand, QBs probably should stay quiet when asked questions like these. It makes them look weak even if they were answering completely honestly. I'm just glad that whole bad chapter in 9ers history is over.
The 2007 San Francisco 49ers: "Jim Hostler made us look bad."
Everyone looked bad, not just the QBs
Don't talk bad about a former coach.

Especially one that has his own show now...not good.
Oh gimme a freakin BREAK.

I just got finished reading an article talking up Hill's ability to point the finger in his OWN direction (Mayhew's latest) and now we have THIS?!?!

If there was ONE thing that I admired about Hill it was his ability to take the blame even when it wasn't his fault. To all his supporters, that showed leadership. I've been up in the air until NOW. Shaun Hill=Barrack Obama. Built up on ALOT of nothing and then rammed down my freakin throat.

Say what you want but mark my words he's NOT going to last long. Not if this article is true. Martz is GONE, what the truck does he have to do with the 49ers of the PRESENT. Good leaders recognize this fact and move on. Poor leaders blame others when it is convenient for them to do so.

I hope that he doesn't lose too many games for us.

~Ceadder
Martz was Nolan's plan for saving his job....too bad, for Nolan, it backfired!!!! Thank god for us!!!!

Still dont know why Nolan didnt get Cam Cameron last year. Cam learned under Norv and he would have probably continued our 2006 season!!!

Nowin has no clue when it comes to HC'ing!!!
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Aug 27, 2009 at 12:41 PM ]
KING OF THE HILL 2009
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Oh gimme a freakin BREAK.

I just got finished reading an article talking up Hill's ability to point the finger in his OWN direction (Mayhew's latest) and now we have THIS?!?!

If there was ONE thing that I admired about Hill it was his ability to take the blame even when it wasn't his fault. To all his supporters, that showed leadership. I've been up in the air until NOW. Shaun Hill=Barrack Obama. Built up on ALOT of nothing and then rammed down my freakin throat.

Say what you want but mark my words he's NOT going to last long. Not if this article is true. Martz is GONE, what the truck does he have to do with the 49ers of the PRESENT. Good leaders recognize this fact and move on. Poor leaders blame others when it is convenient for them to do so.

I hope that he doesn't lose too many games for us.

~Ceadder

Oh stop, Smith agreed too or added to it:

Quote:
"It was totally known, a done deal," fellow QB Alex Smith added. "[Martz] just manipulated it, with everything."
ha ha, man Niner fans are becoming PATHETIC. Generally speaking, most NFL fans possess a concept that some QB's just suck and no OC can do anything about that.

lol.

Try talking to a Colts fan or Pats fan about this unusual idea. Niner fans use to understand this, but obviously it has been lost, and for obvious reasons.

Shaun Hill sucks. Alex Smith sucks. Their opinion on any coach in the NFL means ZERO to me.

Just like I don't give a rats ass what Charlie Frye thinks about how his career was handled, nor Andrew Walter, nor Joey Harrington, nor Byron Leftwich.....starting to see a pattern?

Now when a QB that has actually performed well in the NFL for a few seasons claims mishandling...ok now you have my ear.

Hill needs to shut the f**k up and just thank his lucky stars the Niners suck so bad he is actually an starter.
[ Edited by danimal on Aug 27, 2009 at 12:46 PM ]

The funny thing is martz has been saying a lot of good stuff about shaun on nfl network. i can understand why he would be mad and all, i hated jto, so i dont know. im not really sure martz deserves all this since he has been givin us props so much. i remember in the preseason last year shaun did play kind of terribly. he should probably just own it himself rather than pointing a finger at martz. then again martz and his partners in crime jto+nolan killed the season last year.
Who cares about Martz's feelings or about bashing him. He staged the competition last year with Nolan and pretty much set the team back with his boy JTO.

Hill has a right to be upset. I never liked Martz anyways, he was a Ram for the longest time giving us fits. A divisional rival. Good riddance.

There is only one offensive genius in my book and his intials are BW.
Mad scientist, please!!!!!!!!!
Damnit Hill you done f**ked up
Originally posted by XAnGeLicDiAbLoX:
KING OF THE HILL 2009
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Martz was Nolan's plan for saving his job....too bad, for Nolan, it backfired!!!! Thank god for us!!!!

Still dont know why Nolan didnt get Cam Cameron last year. Cam learned under Norv and he would have probably continued our 2006 season!!!

Nowin has no clue when it comes to HC'ing!!!

Ummmm MAYBE it was because Cam turned us down? Pretty certain that is how things went.

Now it could be that he did not want to be with this team after he spoke with Norv. For whatever reason that schmuck could hold a grudge against this team it's quite possible that CC decided to take a pass after speaking with him.

But can we PLEASE let this sleeping dog lay? Bring up Cam Cameron like he was even an option(which he wasn't) is pointless.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone