There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign Eric Green

This is a good pick-up IMO.
He played for the cards for the past 4 seasons. Maybe we signed him to help game plan for the first game, then he gets cut?
Man every time I think of Eric Green is when he had a chance to recover Arnaz Battle's fumble in the endzone and slipped out his hands then landed in the hands of Darrell Jackson out of all people in the Monday Night opener 2 years ago.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,595
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
He played for the cards for the past 4 seasons. Maybe we signed him to help game plan for the first game, then he gets cut?


inside information

Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
He played for the cards for the past 4 seasons. Maybe we signed him to help game plan for the first game, then he gets cut?


inside information


This is what I was thinking. Also think the rookie corners not playing very well so could be for depth.
Originally posted by 5280High:
The Dolphins camp this season has been notoriously rough, multiple players have quit on the team. Coming from Arizona its not hard to believe he might of been a little soft mentally and couldn't take the constant berating by the dolphins coaches... great insurance policy though.

Interesting, because the 49er camp has been rough too...
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
He played for the cards for the past 4 seasons. Maybe we signed him to help game plan for the first game, then he gets cut?


inside information


This is what I was thinking. Also think the rookie corners not playing very well so could be for depth.

I doubt they signed a player just to get some signals.

Also

Tohara3, Did you think any of the rookie corners were going to make the team?

Clements
Bly
Brown
Spencer
Hudson
Rossum
Is he better than Word Daniels?

Great Signing then.
Eric Green is better than Marcus Hudson/Shantae Spencer (maybe). And Spencer cannot stay healthy. I like the signing.
Wait a sec, wasn't he the CB that held onto Curtis in the NFC Championship game, but got away with it without a PI penalty being called on 4th down? Can anyone confirm? *searches YouTube*

I'm not sure we needed another CB, but the GM/HC knows better than me, so whatever...we'll see if he even makes the team.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Wait a sec, wasn't he the CB that held onto Curtis in the NFC Championship game, but got away with it without a PI penalty being called on 4th down? Can anyone confirm? *searches YouTube*

I'm not sure we needed another CB, but the GM/HC knows better than me, so whatever...we'll see if he even makes the team.

That was Hood. I have no idea how good this guy is but you can't have enough DB's so I'm down with the signing
Didn't we try to get him, but he chose the Dolphins over us? If they cut him, with parcells there, then he's probably garbage.
The Secondary is looking tough right now
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Wait a sec, wasn't he the CB that held onto Curtis in the NFC Championship game, but got away with it without a PI penalty being called on 4th down? Can anyone confirm? *searches YouTube*

I'm not sure we needed another CB, but the GM/HC knows better than me, so whatever...we'll see if he even makes the team.

That was Hood. I have no idea how good this guy is but you can't have enough DB's so I'm down with the signing

Thanks for the confirmation. Glad I'm wrong.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Didn't we try to get him, but he chose the Dolphins over us? If they cut him, with parcells there, then he's probably garbage.

You may be right, good point.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home