LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

49ers sign Eric Green

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by crzy:
I remember Eric Green was the guy who didn't fall on the fumble in that comeback win vs Arizona two years ago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AotPxjLtBXRGPbROLF85x_f.uLYF?gid=20070910025

Oh yeah! I remember that. I guess he's already been helping the Niners for a while then...
he has DREADS!!!
thats definently a plus!!!
yessssssss
Originally posted by NewEraNiner:
Originally posted by crzy:
I remember Eric Green was the guy who didn't fall on the fumble in that comeback win vs Arizona two years ago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AotPxjLtBXRGPbROLF85x_f.uLYF?gid=20070910025

Oh yeah! I remember that. I guess he's already been helping the Niners for a while then...

lol mike nolan approves of that joke.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Over Brown, not sure, Spencer and Hudson, Yay baby, Spencer is terrible, and should be cut/traded after 2009, and Hudson isnt that good either IMO, so not a bad signing.

our DB's for 2009 IMO are

Clements
Bly
Brown
Green
Spencer

Lewis
Goldson
Roman or Smith
Taylor

Green sounds to me like a Shawntae Spencer clone. Shows flashes and then gets burnt.

I agree with your depth chart for the most part. Only would have Curtis Taylor on the practice squad.
yeeah, Eric Green ! i was actually rooting for the 9ers to grab him during free agency but they couldn't work anything out. from all the games i've seen against eric green, he's been a beast. the only time i've seen him mess up was when he couldn't grab battle's fumble on the 1 yard line on MNF a couple years ago
He seems like a good pickup. I hope he turns up the competition. Now if we could just get someone with some pass rushing ability we'd be set.
Worst case scenario he's our #4 corner. Not bad, he started 9 game last year for the tards.
I remember when Vernon made his first NFL catch and scored a TD. He trucked Eric Green on his way to the endzone.
They saw that marcus hudson was a 48 in madden and was like WTF lets get the niner users something to work with!
I think this is a good signing since he should know all Arizona's defensive schemes.

It's so obvious why we picked up Eric Green. He knows Fitzgerald and Boldin having covered them in practice for a few seasons. He can provide valuable insight to our entire secondary against our biggest opponent in the division.

Can I get an early birthday present from Singletary? Can we use Eric Green to replace Roman at backup safety? And cut Sims while we're at it.

• Mex49
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers | Agree to terms with E. Green
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:26:27 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the National Football Post, reports the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with free-agent CB Eric Green (Dolphins). Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Why did the sign another CB? Did someone get hurt?

I'm sure we are going to try and convert him to a position that he hasn't played since high school, or something.

I think that was Nolan
We picked up a guy who has NFC west experience and he adds to our depth ------ I hope he catches that ball hawking fever that our guys have demonstrated. LOL
why?
Originally posted by marshniners24:
They saw that marcus hudson was a 48 in madden and was like WTF lets get the niner users something to work with!

hell, if they 49ers were worried about the ratings for our players....they would replace 90% of the team....(besides Willis & Gore)

EA, like every year, just butchers our team......they don't care....look at Vernon's pass blocking rating wtf.

but it is ok, because as the season goes on, those ratings will go up.
Share 49ersWebzone