There are 196 users in the forums

49ers sign Eric Green

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by olapac:
Didn't we try to sign him earlier in the offseason, but he chose the Dolphins instead? I can't remember...
I think this is bad news for Hudson. Can't see him and Green both making the 53.

Yes, we tried to sign him earlier this offseason.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
The bigger news would be they dumped Keasey.

Which in itself is cause for celebration.

We released him today?
Solid pickup, I doubt he will make the team but at least he can play, that Jahi Wood-Daniels does not belong in this league, reg season or pre-season. He looked like Darnell Walker out there. Lambert and Carlos Thomas ain't much better either.
Originally posted by Marion:
Who gets cut? Hudson? Is Lewis's injury more serious than we've heard?

Jahi Wood-Daniels and/or Carlos Thomas will get cut, and both plus Lambert will get cut before we trim down. Marcus Hudson I think will/should make the team.
With zero pass rush, the Niners need as many cb's as possible.
Not the signing I was hoping for (Crabtree) but we needed some better bodies at CB.
Can never have enough good CB's in the NFL. Nice work!
My guess is that he's going to be competing with Hudson for that last DB spot. Nothing wrong with some good competition, may the best DB win.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
depth

You guys are not connecting the dots here. Most of you have been raving about our DBs, largely because they intercepted Kyle Orton and J. Russell so often. Yet, they also have defended against Hill's and Smith's passes, both of whom have been completing an inordinately high percentage of their passes during training camp.

So, what's the answer: Are Hill and Smith phenomenal, or are Orton and Russell terrible, or what??
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
49ers | Agree to terms with E. Green
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:26:27 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the National Football Post, reports the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to terms on a one-year contract with free-agent CB Eric Green (Dolphins). Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Why did the sign another CB? Did someone get hurt?

I'm sure we are going to try and convert him to a position that he hasn't played since high school, or something.

If Nolan was still coach he'd be our short yardage RB.

Or our NT...

It's all about attitude.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I remember Eric Green was the guy who didn't fall on the fumble in that comeback win vs Arizona two years ago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AotPxjLtBXRGPbROLF85x_f.uLYF?gid=20070910025
Originally posted by teeohh:

Dolphins HC Sparano: "Okay, raise your hand if you want out of this dump."

Eric Green: "Hey Coach! Over here! That's right. Pick me. PLEASE get me the hell outta here!"
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Didn't the Dolphins just sign him?

He signed a 2 year deal worth 6 million this year with Fins. I also read on rotoworld.com that he was picked on a lot in camp this year.

He must of stunk it up in training camp to get the boot already. I hope he doesn't do the same here.

who cares, we have Clements, Bly, Brown, Spencer all in front of him. we didnt sign him out of need, we signed him because hes alot better than his perceived value right now. its a good flier.
Share 49ersWebzone