LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

49ers sign Eric Green

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SS2K8:
Eric Green is horrible, the Dolphins gave him every chance to start so they could ease their two rookies into the role. It's not like they signed him to a 1 year deal for peanuts.

He was repeatedly torched in practice by the Miami wrs, and one preseason game was all they needed to see. I've had to read way too many training camp and ota Dolphin reports sent to me by my friend to think that this is a quality pickup. He won't be making the 53 man roster.

I think I'd rather have a random fan from the crowd play dime back if an injury occurs.

Got to remember we've lost both Harris and Strickland...Bly replaced Harris, but nobody's really replaced Strickland. Good move, Mac, jumping on a vet CB like that. I wouldn't read anything else into it...Spencer and Brown are doing just fine. BL: you can never have too many experienced CB's...so Green's good insurance. Plus, Mac signed him for the minimum, just like Bly. Both guys will have to prove themselves.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Competition for Hudson and Spencer for the #4 and #5 CB spots. Clements, Bly, and Brown are locked. Spencer and Hudson aren't/
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by papa9er:
Let's put him in for some plays in the next three games and see what happens.

No. That is a bad idea; it just makes too much sense.

I agree, we should either rid his jock like he was some kind of super star and will win us the SB or hate him like he was the biggest piece of crap to ever hit the league. Sounds more Niner Talkish

OK that seems like a plan. As others have the biggest piece of crap thing tied up, I will go

S U P E R B O W L !!!!
Eric Green is horrible, the Dolphins gave him every chance to start so they could ease their two rookies into the role. It's not like they signed him to a 1 year deal for peanuts.

He was repeatedly torched in practice by the Miami wrs, and one preseason game was all they needed to see. I've had to read way too many training camp and ota Dolphin reports sent to me by my friend to think that this is a quality pickup. He won't be making the 53 man roster.

I think I'd rather have a random fan from the crowd play dime back if an injury occurs.

1 preseason game= every chance to start (FAIL, Double Face Palm)
[ Edited by 49erman5692 on Aug 21, 2009 at 7:45 AM ]
  • SS2K8
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

1 preseason game= every chance to start (FAIL, Double Face Palm)

Did you read all those dolphin OTA reports? Did you follow all those practices? Did you hear about how many different guys torched him over the course of the ENTIRE offseason.

Did you even watch the Jags and Dolphins play?

From day 1 this offseason, nothing good was written about Green's play. That's almost 6 months. 6 months of terrible corner play, against a Miami receiving corp that isn't even good.

Better learn to read up on things otherwise you're gonna sound like half the people on this thread, just making things up about dolphin camp so that eric green doesn't sound so bad.
Green, who played his first four seasons with the Cardinals, said it did not take him long to realize he had made a mistake when spurned the 49ers to sign with the Dolphins in March. Well, Green was released by the Dolphins on Wednesday, and the 49ers were on the phone within an hour to hammer out the details on a one-year contract.

Green will compete for a 49ers roster spot. He said he was not happy with the Dolphins, and did not have much enthusiasm for the game. But now he said coming to the 49ers is like a rebirth.

"The switch is on. I'm on fire," Green said.

He said he can be a service to the 49ers because of his knowledge of the NFC West. "I've been in the division four years. I know the tendencies (of the receivers). I've practiced against two of hte best (Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin) every day for four years, so that has to help a little."

-From Barrows blog today, and makes me wonder, what the hell was so bad about Miami that it made you lose your enthusiasm for the game???

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Green, who played his first four seasons with the Cardinals, said it did not take him long to realize he had made a mistake when spurned the 49ers to sign with the Dolphins in March. Well, Green was released by the Dolphins on Wednesday, and the 49ers were on the phone within an hour to hammer out the details on a one-year contract.

Green will compete for a 49ers roster spot. He said he was not happy with the Dolphins, and did not have much enthusiasm for the game. But now he said coming to the 49ers is like a rebirth.

He said he can be a service to the 49ers because of his knowledge of the NFC West. "I've been in the division four years. I know the tendencies (of the receivers). I've practiced against two of hte best (Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin) every day for four years, so that has to help a little."

-From Barrows blog today, and makes me wonder, what the hell was so bad about Miami that it made you lose your enthusiasm for the game???

What do you expect Green to say..."yes, it's true I sucked"
Originally posted by BigMar:

go away
Originally posted by BigMar:

No its called a disgruntled employee. Not saying Green will be good but when some one doesn't like thier job they usually stink at it. Hopefully it works out. We have Nate, Brown, Bly and Hudson anyways. It can only help.

He's really going to have to contribute on special teams to make the team..

-9fA
Somebody better screen Green for Swine Flu ASAP !!!!

Something might be going on in Miami. They have had 4 players quit the team this offseason
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/10/why-are-so-many-players-quitting-the-dolphins/
Share 49ersWebzone