There are 212 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**OFFICIAL SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ MINNESOTA VIKINGS GAMEDAY THREAD**

I'm not even ready to talk about this game yet. I'm still soaking yesterdays game. Everything is better when we win. Let me enjoy it for another day or two. Will repost here on Weds.
P-Willy is going to tear AP's head off!!
  • Mex49
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,979
3-0 is going to feel so nice. It makes me
all warm and fuzzy inside
Originally posted by Mex49:
3-0 is going to feel so nice. It makes me
all warm and fuzzy inside

in that case, just call it 4-0
If we beat the Vikings, i'll begin to think that we're a legit team that has very reasonable playoff hopes.

The Vikings are probably the first playoff-bound team that we're playing so this is a good test to see where we truly stack up in the NFL.

-9fA
After the way the Niners D treated Warner and Hasslbeck, do you think Favre might be a little concerned about next Sunday? If I were him I would be very concerned. GO NINERS!
As far as I'm concerned, the Vikes have a relatively weak 2-0 record. The Browns and the Lions? They haven't been challenged.

We have a stronger 2-0, but we're going into a tough place to win, but Favre can't throw the ball long anymore at least so far this year and Willis>Petersen in their last meeting.

If we hold Petersen to under 75-80 yards we win this game.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
After the way the Niners D treated Warner and Hasslbeck, do you think Favre might be a little concerned about next Sunday? If I were him I would be very concerned. GO NINERS!

oh man if we make favre all jittery and worried about that pass rush we can expect ints and we may have this gm in the bag if we stop ap and taylor. i just hope the playbook opens if we cant run the ball which is gonna be tough with the williamses in the middle.
Activate Kory Sheets to run around the Williams'???
Originally posted by verb1der:
Interesting quote from PFT....

"Also, 49ers coach Mike Singletary and Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier were teammates on the legendary '85 Bears defense. And the Niners defensive coordinator, Greg Manusky, spent three years as a player on the Vikings in the early 1990s."

Sounds to me like the Vikings will know what to expect...

then the 49ers would too right?

Even though we run a 3-4 and they run a 4-3
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Sep 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
If we beat the Vikings, i'll begin to think that we're a legit team that has very reasonable playoff hopes.

The Vikings are probably the first playoff-bound team that we're playing so this is a good test to see where we truly stack up in the NFL.

-9fA

I agree completely.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
After the way the Niners D treated Warner and Hasslbeck, do you think Favre might be a little concerned about next Sunday? If I were him I would be very concerned. GO NINERS!

The Vikings have one of the best, if not the best, OL in the game, the Cardinals and the Seahawks do not. I can see Favre having a lot of time to throw the ball. This will be a tough game. The offense is going to need to put up some points, and I don't know if they can.

On the bright side, the Vikings have yet to prove themselves as they have beaten only two of the worst teams in the league, the Browns and the Lions, both 0-2, whereas the Niners have beaten a Super Bowl appearing team and a team hyped to be better this year, both 1-1.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Sep 21, 2009 at 4:31 PM ]
We need to come out and stop AP. Favre has only thrown for 265 yds in 2 games. Week one 110yds and week two 155yds. We need to stop AP and force them to throw the ball. Thats our best shot at winning.
2 int and a fumble-niners 24-21
Originally posted by MadMartz:
We need to come out and stop AP. Favre has only thrown for 265 yds in 2 games. Week one 110yds and week two 155yds. We need to stop AP and force them to throw the ball. Thats our best shot at winning.

Agreed and I bet the Vikings are saying the same thing as well.

I personally think that the Vikings will have an easier task at shutting down Frank Gore than we will AP but IMO, i think Hill will better Favre.

-9fA