LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ads_2006:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview09/team?team=sfo

49ers preview

Good find.
This will be a close game that comes down to the end, just like all the Cardinals vs 49ers games have been the past few years
you guys are such pessimists. The cardinals starters looked worse than ours in preseason. DRC kept getting burned, Warner did not throw a touchdown at all in the four games, Boldin and Breaston saw little time because of injuries, and their defense was absolutely horrendous. Its funny how you guys are writing the niners off this early into the season. I truly believe we can surprise them with our smash mouth play, especially if create some turnovers early
Originally posted by asu49ers:
you guys are such pessimists. The cardinals starters looked worse than ours in preseason. DRC kept getting burned, Warner did not throw a touchdown at all in the four games, Boldin and Breaston saw little time because of injuries, and their defense was absolutely horrendous. Its funny how you guys are writing the niners off this early into the season. I truly believe we can surprise them with our smash mouth play, especially if create some turnovers early

The preseason is never a good gauge.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

always remember that Hill is a gamer , dose not practise well and preaseason is practise !
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I agree somewhat to your statement. I think you should never judge your team by the second half. But most people on this board seem to be judging us by preseason so why not judge other teams through preseason.
  • Sigmund1
  • Info N/A
WE HAVE TO BLITZ MORE!!!!

Whoever wins (niners), I expect it to be an all out war just like every time we play the trads. I always felt that football is better when your team has a legit rival. PEACE FROM THE FAN.
Originally posted by NinerGal:
After watching us play the Chargers I am in such a bad mood 'cause I live in AZ and our odds don't seem decent!!! Unless we unleash some habanero defense to flavor the vanilla defense, we have no chance against the Tards! Established offense with 2 awesome wide receivers...judging by preseason, there's no way Clements or Bly or Brown or John Doe will be able to cover them....and without a pass rush, it'll be so easy for Warner! UGH...I am so pissed.

I live in Mesa and feel your pain! Fitz has been taken outta his game by Clements in the past. Lets hope this trend continues.
I don't think Arizona can run the ball on us let alone most teams. They got by last year without a strong run game until they reached the playoffs.

So we have to be able to sustain drives and convert more than 50% of our third downs. Arizona will ditch the run and hit us with quick outs and crossing patterns if they can't run. We have to keep their offense off the field as much as possible. At least force 2 turnovers.

Remember they lost both coordinators so I think judging by their play in preseason that both sides of the ball are still getting used to their new coordinators.

Niners win a close one 23-17. "We hit people in the mouth"!!!!

Originally posted by alpha81:
After watching us play the Chargers I am in such a bad mood 'cause I live in AZ and our odds don't seem decent!!! Unless we unleash some habanero defense to flavor the vanilla defense, we have no chance against the Tards! Established offense with 2 awesome wide receivers...judging by preseason, there's no way Clements or Bly or Brown or John Doe will be able to cover them....and without a pass rush, it'll be so easy for Warner! UGH...I am so pissed.

Hey are you going to the game or what?

I'm embarassed to admit that I'm not going to the game 'cause it's around my birthday and I'm a very, very, very sore loser and don't tolerate trash talkers too well when I'm under the influence! Now that the Tards are winning and there are tons of bandwagon fans, I'm avoiding that stadium like the plague!

There is more NEW Cards gear here in the Valley of the Sun then there is at NFLshop.com. People try to talk shiz and all I say is "thats a brand new jersey and hat isn't it?" and I walk away wearing my old, barely legible, Niners Tshirt and hat that looks like it's been abused beyond whats reasonable.
I trully belive we are going to blow them out. I think our problems will come against teams that play smash mouth football. Unless the Cards are the playoff Cards from last year, they don't have a chnce against our running game!
man I dont know.. its going to be a very difficult game but I think we will benefit because of the cards change of coordinators.. I think at the end that will be the difference...

the arizona offence will not adapt until the fist 3 or 5 games (the HC wants a running team and he has a passing team, he will have to adjust his play calling) and for us playing them first is our best chance to beat them...

I think we will win by a low margin...

go niners
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by A-R-S:
When the cards take a 14-0 lead, what are we gonna do? Ball control offense and score our 1 touchdown per game?

This game could very easily be over in quarter 1.

this is just wishful thinking....but possible..

we have the personal (receiver wise) to be like the Raiders when they had Rich Gannon....or the Steelers when they had Maddox and Big Ben.... where if need be we can go from a power running team, to a 5 wide or 4 wide and start passing our way back into the game....even no huddle if we need to...Hill is pretty good with decisions.

we have.
Bruce, Morgan, Hill, Battle, Spurlock, Vernon, Walker.

we did this last year....and Shaun did fine passing the ball around......although Martz was here......but I think it has more to do with your QB than with your OC.... so I think we can get it done.

but it all depends on our OC as far as giving the ok.....and more importantly our Oline for decent pass protection.

if Hill didn't play like a pile of dog crap during the preseason then I would agree with you. But he played horrible and I hope our defense can keep the score close

I don't know why everyone just blames hill, the line was horrible in the preseason
70-75 % of the time the line was collapsing before it should. Even Joe Montana wouldn't be able to get things done.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
When the cards take a 14-0 lead, what are we gonna do? Ball control offense and score our 1 touchdown per game?

This game could very easily be over in quarter 1.

its pretty much how i feel, but gonna go take my lumps anyway, live locally so will be there supporting us for better but more likely, worse. the offensive philosophy and coordinator have me more down on this team this season then the talent but who knows. sans the vanilla of preseason, maybe will be a bit better then mediocre.

skipped out on one year locally where i thought we would lose so didn't try my hardest to make it with some other obligations in the way and suprisingly we won. proved i don't necessarily know jack and even if you think you got it all pegged, suprises happen.

anyway, headed there with a few guys, already heard from another on the board from out of town whose gonna try to meet up with us as well. if any other interested parties as far as getting together for some beverages beforehand, just pm me. plan will be to tailgate if heat permitting, scramble for a bar at westgate(the resteraunt/retail/bar district close by, walking distance)
Share 49ersWebzone