There are 220 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Very important game even though its the first game. We want to set a tone and beat the defending NFC champs in their place.

Things we have to do to win.
-Run the ball with Gore
-Get Vernon Davis involved
-Need good protection from the oline
-Need to create TO's
-Need to be careful with the blitz we send against warner because he is very good at picking up the blitz and getting rid of the ball.
-Need to get a rush up the middle so warner doesn't step up and make throws.
- Against the cards we have to play the bend but don't break defense because they will get their yards but we have to limit them to FG's in the redzone.

Most IMPORTANT, BRING THE PAIN
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Method:
I think we will lose this game, and Hill will continue his horrible preseason play into the regular season. Dude is just incredibly bad right now. We will still not have no pass rush, and Nate will get beat once, twice, maybe thrice by Fitz for TD's.

BLITZ. We've got to blitz like Jim Johnson would for the Eagles. Force Warner to make errors, not wait for him to.

Blitzing still doesn't account for Hill being a huge POS through the entire preseason.

My hope is that a consistent pass rush (ala blitz) will lead to turnovers nad some decent field positioning. Hill can manage that combined with an effective rushing attack. I'll tell you what it wont be a blowout but maybe we can surprise them and win.
Mods can you post this on the first page for people?

SAN FRANCISCO @ ARIZONA
KSAZ Phoenix AZ
KMSB Tucson AZ
KECY Yuma AZ
KBFX Bakersfield CA
KCVU Chico CA
KBVU Eureka CA
KMPH Fresno CA
KCBA Monterey CA
KTXL Sacramento CA
KTVU San Francisco CA
KKFX Santa Barbara CA
KRXI Reno NV
KMVU Medford OR

All stations game will be aired on.
Originally posted by Thizz415:
Very important game even though its the first game. We want to set a tone and beat the defending NFC champs in their place.

Things we have to do to win.
-Run the ball with Gore
-Get Vernon Davis involved
-Need good protection from the oline
-Need to create TO's
-Need to be careful with the blitz we send against warner because he is very good at picking up the blitz and getting rid of the ball.
-Need to get a rush up the middle so warner doesn't step up and make throws.
- Against the cards we have to play the bend but don't break defense because they will get their yards but we have to limit them to FG's in the redzone.

Most IMPORTANT, BRING THE PAIN

I agree. Bring the Pain & Smack them in the mouth!
i think the answer to our pass rush is to keep the d off the field as long as possible

run 60% of the time we must
Originally posted by TOP_CAT:
Well,the FACT is that the Niners had the best record in the NFL (or is that the NFC) after Sing and Hill were both in charge.
Hill had a better QB rating than several of what we think of as the best QB's in the League.
The starting O line that sing put in last year has not played together for more than a few plays in preseason . They were pretty good pass blocking last year(the starting group).
And we missed winning the division by a couple of plays last year (mostly brain farts by Mike Martz).
So at least we can be optimistic that we have a shot to be much better this year,with the improved roster and having the group of veterans together for the whole year instead of only part of last year.
I think it is undeniable that we would have won the division last year if Sing and Hill were in their current positions from day one last season. That is certainly no guarantee that things will go our way this season BUT it sure makes the SKY IS FALLING bunch look silly unless they at least wait until we actually lose a game or two before they go jump off the bridge,lol .
And if the front office and coaching staff are not making progress and doing a prety good job,then why do the cuts this year hurt more than in the past couple of years. ( answer...because the team is much more talented and the roster is so much better that we actually need to cut good players for a change ! that's a good thing !).
Keep up the good work Niners,keep getting better and building that championship caliber team,the future looks bright. There was not going to be a SB in the cards this year anyway,so just enjoy the ride and be happy that we are on the right path,or at least a better path.

great observation.
Originally posted by teeohh:
i think the answer to our pass rush is to keep the d off the field as long as possible run 60% of the time we must

youre probably right but im not sure that running 60 percent wont just result in a bunch of 3 and outs.
i think the answer to our pass rush is to keep the d off the field as long as possible

I personally think we should spread it around. Keep them on their toes. They know the 49er's better attribute is the run game. Launch the ball to Morgan, Bruce and Davis.
Originally posted by adrenaline:

I personally think we should spread it around. Keep them on their toes. They know the 49er's better attribute is the run game. Launch the ball to Morgan, Bruce and Davis.

The classic quandry -- stick with what you do well, or try to surprise with what you don't?

Or 100% if we can move the chain.

Originally posted by TRAVELER_9ER:
Originally posted by TOP_CAT:
Well,the FACT is that the Niners had the best record in the NFL (or is that the NFC) after Sing and Hill were both in charge.
Hill had a better QB rating than several of what we think of as the best QB's in the League.
The starting O line that sing put in last year has not played together for more than a few plays in preseason . They were pretty good pass blocking last year(the starting group).
And we missed winning the division by a couple of plays last year (mostly brain farts by Mike Martz).
So at least we can be optimistic that we have a shot to be much better this year,with the improved roster and having the group of veterans together for the whole year instead of only part of last year.
I think it is undeniable that we would have won the division last year if Sing and Hill were in their current positions from day one last season. That is certainly no guarantee that things will go our way this season BUT it sure makes the SKY IS FALLING bunch look silly unless they at least wait until we actually lose a game or two before they go jump off the bridge,lol .
And if the front office and coaching staff are not making progress and doing a prety good job,then why do the cuts this year hurt more than in the past couple of years. ( answer...because the team is much more talented and the roster is so much better that we actually need to cut good players for a change ! that's a good thing !).
Keep up the good work Niners,keep getting better and building that championship caliber team,the future looks bright. There was not going to be a SB in the cards this year anyway,so just enjoy the ride and be happy that we are on the right path,or at least a better path.

great observation.

A nice, optimistic view. I like that.

However, some of our wins could just as easily have been losses last year too. And while the 'tough cuts' to get to 53 reveal a deeper roster than of late, the roster hasn't really been upgraded where it counts the most -- at key starting positions (OLB, DT, OT, etc.)

I really hope you are right.
First Offensive play should be a play action bomb to Morgan... lol. They will think that we will run it right away. Why not? (I’ve been playing madden way too much.)
it is rare, even for superbowl winners, to have all blowout wins, especially these days.

so saying "we could easily have been 10-6 or 4-12" doesn't really mean s**t. you are what you are and everything evens out in the end.

i think we matchup well with the cards because of our 3-4 defense. they've never really obliterated us even though they have clearly had better talent.

i think they will score between 17 and 27 points on us (depending on a few key plays).

this game is going to come down to whether we can run or not. if we can, we're going to win the game. if we can't, i could see a 27-10 type final with the cards taking it.

p.s. i'm pretty confident we'll be able to run on them
If the offense can click from the begining of the game & stay consistant we can easily score on the Tards there defense will be worse then last season especially that they down graded with the hiring of Davis. (2004 2-14 49ers ring a bell??)
I know its preseason but their D looked horrible.
The main focus will be our D vs their explosive Offense
Regardless of the outcome it should be a close one
No blowout in this contest.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go Niners, Go!
Share 49ersWebzone