LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by A-R-S:
When the cards take a 14-0 lead, what are we gonna do? Ball control offense and score our 1 touchdown per game?

This game could very easily be over in quarter 1.

Actually, people aren't listening to Singletary/Raye, as much as we're going to use the run 60% of the time, we WILL pass when we need to pass (as the coaching staff has repeated in verbatim). -The Chargers game was great evidence in that when they shut our 2nd-team running game down, and as the game was getting lost Nate was pretty much throwing 80% of the last 2 quarters.

If we're holding the game in balance, we will be balanced, if the game is becoming highly imbalanced to our advantage we'll do what it takes (like any other team) to get back to winning the game.

Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by A-R-S:
When the cards take a 14-0 lead, what are we gonna do? Ball control offense and score our 1 touchdown per game?

This game could very easily be over in quarter 1.

this is just wishful thinking....but possible..

we have the personal (receiver wise) to be like the Raiders when they had Rich Gannon....or the Steelers when they had Maddox and Big Ben.... where if need be we can go from a power running team, to a 5 wide or 4 wide and start passing our way back into the game....even no huddle if we need to...Hill is pretty good with decisions.

we have.
Bruce, Morgan, Hill, Battle, Spurlock, Vernon, Walker.

we did this last year....and Shaun did fine passing the ball around......although Martz was here......but I think it has more to do with your QB than with your OC.... so I think we can get it done.

but it all depends on our OC as far as giving the ok.....and more importantly our Oline for decent pass protection.

if Hill didn't play like a pile of dog crap during the preseason then I would agree with you. But he played horrible and I hope our defense can keep the score close

I don't know why everyone just blames hill, the line was horrible in the preseason
70-75 % of the time the line was collapsing before it should. Even Joe Montana wouldn't be able to get things done.

With all things considered, we only had 60% of our (healthy) starting line out there. -No team has any chance of winning pre-season games when Sims and Wragge are on the field.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 8, 2009 at 13:11:12 ]
Today is 49ers' fourth day in a row w/out practice. I'm spending my afternoon talking 'ball with the Sons In Retirement in Santa Rosa.

Matt M's twitter

I hope they are studying film if they aint on the field
I look for the niners to start off right away with nickel and dime packages 4-2-5 and 4-1-6.
I am waiting till after this game to see how things go to see if I get ST. Please give me a reason to blow the money on ST
Originally posted by backontop:
I am waiting till after this game to see how things go to see if I get ST. Please give me a reason to blow the money on ST

1st quarter of the season is not a good indicator of how the season will end up.
theres no way we are gunna win this game we have no pass rush at all that means warner would have all day to throw to the best WR in the league i say AZ-28 SF- 14
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Fitzgerald is going to light Clements up like a christmas tree. I don't have a good feeling about this game at all.
Most good teams from last season, seem to be performing at the same levels this season...at least based on the first qtr of the preseason games.
On the other hand, I didn't see much improvement on our end....unless we have some hidden game plan that will be revealed on Sunday (doubt it).
Our defense was avg at best, Shaun Hill was avg and I was actually suprised how poorly he played in Dallas, ...and Singletary seemed lost.
I don't have any high expectations for this game against AZ, and it would take a huge effort on our part to get a win against a really good team.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just watched this again and it got me pumped up for the season.

Final score

49ers - 21
Cards - 24

We put up a good effort, but we come up a bit short. Better luck in week 2.

Originally posted by Hopper:
Fitzgerald is going to light Clements up like a christmas tree. I don't have a good feeling about this game at all.

yea like fitz lit him up the past 2 years...
49ERS - 21
cards - 13

[ Edited by TRAVELER_9ER on Sep 8, 2009 at 18:25:42 ]
  • Mex49
Originally posted by susweel:
Just watched this again and it got me pumped up for the season.

I think Im going to get sick.
Tight game with the 49er's defense holding Warner and the Cardinals in check. Manusky's blitz schemes create enough havoc to mess up the Cards passing game.

49ers get enough offense out of Gore and with Shaun Hill connecting consistently with Davis, Walker, Bruce and Morgan. 49ers take the lead early and are ahead all the way, forcing the Cardinals to try and play catch up.

Final score: 49ers 20, Cardinals 17.
I just hope we don't get blown out of the building. A win would be shocking.
Share 49ersWebzone