LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Method:
I think we will lose this game, and Hill will continue his horrible preseason play into the regular season. Dude is just incredibly bad right now. We will still not have no pass rush, and Nate will get beat once, twice, maybe thrice by Fitz for TD's.

BLITZ. We've got to blitz like Jim Johnson would for the Eagles. Force Warner to make errors, not wait for him to.
I'm gonna Be the loudest person in sect 127 at the game.Just like I'll be at most of the 9ERS away games, I'll B going to.From the start to the End.Things look tough for the NINERS right now,does'nt matter we are beating these birds.NO DOUBT.

[ Edited by TRAVELER_9ER on Sep 5, 2009 at 23:23:25 ]
Originally posted by ZRF80:
I think we will lose this game, and Hill will continue his horrible preseason play into the regular season. Dude is just incredibly bad right now. We will still not have no pass rush, and Nate will get beat once, twice, maybe thrice by Fitz for TD's.

BLITZ. We've got to blitz like Jim Johnson would for the Eagles. Force Warner to make errors, not wait for him to.

I agree with the blitzing theory. Warner is almost a given 300+ yards against us everytime we play them. We have to get at him early and often to stay in this game. The problem like usual is our lack of pass rush.

Their tandem of Beanie Wells and Hightower is no joke also and they have a monster offensive line. This is going to be a good game regardless. They have drafted better and built an awesome team the past 5 years but we are not that far behind.

The team just needs that franchise Qb or an above average (Tony Romo/Kurt Warner type that we can count on and that can make ALL the throws. Hill can barely make any of the throws. Alex can't make any of the throws and Nate can make all the throws but just needs the experience. Again, going to be an awesome gamer. I am thinking about getting a ticket now...
we gotta run run run da ball
I think that we can expect a very tough hard fought game in Arizona. I think that our offense will look better than it has in the pre-season , but I don't know that it will be up to the task at hand. If Manusky can come up with a pass rush we have some hope on defense but if not it's gonna be a very long day if we can't get some turnovers.

We really can't gauge our team or the Cardinals by their pre-season so this game could easily go either way. I know that I won't be betting any money on which way this game will go. I expect to come away from this game either feeling hopeful or woeful about the season. If it's a close game and we win or lose then I remain hopeful but if they kick our asses then woeful ------ but yet still hopeful ????? Go Figure that I can't ever give up all hope.

[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Sep 7, 2009 at 05:45:43 ]
I think we're gonna go out there and hit them in the mouth. It's at Arizona and i think they wanna make up for that heartbreaking loss there last year. I expect the defense to be hungry and i expect Shaun Hill to do work. Im tired of hearing about all this preseason nonsense. Last year when Hill started our games everyone jumped on his bandwagon and now cause of preseason everyone is worried. Now the games matter, Hill knows it and so does everyone else on that team. I don't predict scores but we're gonna go out there and be physical and be aggresive. I do think our running game is going to be dominant and i think Hill won't put on a passing display but he'll distribute the ball very well and move the ball down the field. That's his style of play, we don't need flashy QB play.

GO NINERS!! If you guys can't respect that then, well, that's your problem.

That's all i got to say about that
Originally posted by GoNiners:
I think we're gonna go out there and hit them in the mouth. It's at Arizona and i think they wanna make up for that heartbreaking loss there last year. I expect the defense to be hungry and i expect Shaun Hill to do work. Im tired of hearing about all this preseason nonsense. Last year when Hill started our games everyone jumped on his bandwagon and now cause of preseason everyone is worried. Now the games matter, Hill knows it and so does everyone else on that team. I don't predict scores but we're gonna go out there and be physical and be aggresive. I do think our running game is going to be dominant and i think Hill won't put on a passing display but he'll distribute the ball very well and move the ball down the field. That's his style of play, we don't need flashy QB play.

Were talking about PRESEASON...PRESEASON! LOL We are coming about with some fire. I think our passing game and pass rush playbook is gonna open up on dem F*ck a$$ birds!! Were coming out and dominating our division from the get go! GO 9ERS!!!!!
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Blitzing still doesn't account for Hill being a huge POS through the entire preseason.
Originally posted by Dem9erboyz:

Were talking about PRESEASON...PRESEASON! LOL We are coming about with some fire. I think our passing game and pass rush playbook is gonna open up on dem F*ck a$$ birds!! Were coming out and dominating our division from the get go! GO 9ERS!!!!!

f**king right man! Yeah we did look sloppy i'll admit that but i don't get it. We're gonna go out there and prove that we're on the rise and show that the Cards' season was a joke and show that this is our division!

Originally posted by alpha81:
Originally posted by teeohh:

Originally posted by Dem9erboyz:

f**king right man! Yeah we did look sloppy i'll admit that but i don't get it. We're gonna go out there and prove that we're on the rise and show that the Cards' season was a joke and show that this is our division!

Everyone know the birds season was a big FLUKE! One hit wonders!! They cant stop Frank the Tank!!
Control the clock
Put pressure on Warner
Shadow Fitz and Boldin
Control the line of scrimmage
Don't f**k up special teams
NO turnovers
Run the ball effectively
Use the play action
Block Block Block
Originally posted by jreff22:
Control the clock
Put pressure on Warner
Shadow Fitz and Boldin
Control the line of scrimmage
Don't f**k up special teams
NO turnovers
Run the ball effectively
Use the play action
Block Block Block

If we can do all that we will destroy 'em.
With Kurt Warner, you either have to put a lot of pressure on him via the rush or disrupt his receivers and timing patterns. If you can't do any of those, it's going to be a very long day and Kurt Warner will have a field day!

The only other option you have is to hang on to the ball and kill time. The 49er's seem to think that they can run the ball effectively and if so, it will eat up a lot of time.

But if it becomes a Run, Run, Pass situation ... it's gonna get UGLY!
Share 49ersWebzone