LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninertico:
Didn't see this posted so here you go:The Cardinals worried?

Probably media ploy, but what if it is true. I did see some of there preseason games and Warner and the O didn't look sharp. Leinhart did at times, but that starting O was not sharp.

Maybe the fact that they have two brand new coordinators will contribute to discontinuity frequently felt by teams who lose their O and D coordinators. Hmmm...
maybe we can get them when they are down.

I know this team will be looking at AZ like starved wild lions seeing their first prey of the season. It has been a long Winter...

Time to eat!!!!!!

Go 49ers!

I'm almost for certain that the Cards are going to walk through the majority of the season without a spark, it takes HOF coaching/intact coordinators to motivate a team that lost a Superbowl to muster up enough hope and confidence for another playoff run.

-Cards beat the Eagles in a playoff game (90% of the time teams get cursed after this).
-Cards lost the SB (95% of the time teams get cursed from this as well).

It's a common trend... now if the Cards had lost the NFC Championship, then I'd say they'd probably be the most dangerous team in the NFC West (cause they'd have a chip on their shoulder).

We're looking at an emotionally deflated team that has been torn apart at the core. -I mean their offense still appears dangerous, but their defense is what's going to cost them 70% of their losses.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 9, 2009 at 14:33:34 ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Didn't see this posted so here you go:The Cardinals worried?

Probably media ploy, but what if it is true. I did see some of there preseason games and Warner and the O didn't look sharp. Leinhart did at times, but that starting O was not sharp.

Maybe the fact that they have two brand new coordinators will contribute to discontinuity frequently felt by teams who lose their O and D coordinators. Hmmm...
maybe we can get them when they are down.

I know this team will be looking at AZ like starved wild lions seeing their first prey of the season. It has been a long Winter...

Time to eat!!!!!!

Go 49ers!

I'm almost for certain that the Cards are going to walk through the majority of the season without a spark, it takes HOF coaching/intact coordinators to motivate a team that lost a Superbowl to muster up enough hope and confidence for another playoff run.

-Cards beat the Eagles in a playoff game (90% of the time teams get cursed after this).
-Cards lost the SB (95% of the time teams get cursed from this as well).

It's a common trend... now if the Cards had lost the NFC Championship, then I'd say they'd probably be the most dangerous team in the NFC West (cause they'd have a chip on their shoulder).

We're looking at an emotionally deflated team that has been torn apart at the core. -I mean their offense still appears dangerous, but their defense is what's going to cost them 70% of their losses.

I think that the coaching changes have taken more toll than what is being said. You hear it in Warner's comments about Haley.

If we can take it to them quickly and score first while making some outlandish hits, we will demoralize them!

Yea buddy!
Cardinals 17 - 49ers 13

C'mon Niners, prove me wrong.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by verb1der:
Cardinals 17 - 49ers 13

If we really only manage 1 TD i will be so disappointed
Originally posted by Mex49:
Cardinals 17 - 49ers 13

I think we all will but unless the preseason offense was just a smoke screen then I wouldn't expect anything more than 1 from the offense.
Originally posted by Mex49:
Cardinals 17 - 49ers 13

As excited as I am, I'm keeping my expectations low...it'll be better for my blood pressure lol.

But who knows, just what IF the Niners actually win, how much of a confidence booster would that be for the entire team! Webzone will go nuts...
Shawntae Spencer, put your game face on.

Boldin should start Sunday
Did anyone see the Preview for the game on ESPN?

I'm okay with how they ranked most of the positions (gave Cardinals advantage with QB, WR, DB, LB, Coach; gave the 49ers DL and OL), but two of the advantages clearly don't belong to the Cardinals:

RB: How in anyone's right mind of ranking Hightower and Wells higher than Gore, Coffee, MRob, and Norris is the most ridiculous accusation I've heard since Crabtree's contract suggestion. We have a Probowl RB and they have a pass happy offense so how do they get ranked higher?

Special Teams: Okay, I'll give them Neil Rackers having a slight advantage to Nedney, but Andy Lee and our return/kickoff special teams are much better than theirs (apparently ESPN doesn't remember our kickoff return for a TD last season on Monday Night?) We win 3/4 of the special teams requirements and should have the advantage.

Sorry for the venting, but just can't stand stupid ppl. I know some ppl might be upset about the LB ranking, but outside of Willis, their overall pass rush and coverage LBs do seem more developed than ours. I hope we prove the analysts wrong and kick some card @$$!!!!!

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

I'm okay with how they ranked most of the positions (gave Cardinals advantage with QB, WR, DB, LB, Coach; gave the 49ers DL and OL), but two of the advantages clearly don't belong to the Cardinals:

RB: How in anyone's right mind of ranking Hightower and Wells higher than Gore, Coffee, MRob, and Norris is the most ridiculous accusation I've heard since Crabtree's contract suggestion. We have a Probowl RB and they have a pass happy offense so how do they get ranked higher?

Special Teams: Okay, I'll give them Neil Rackers having a slight advantage to Nedney, but Andy Lee and our return/kickoff special teams are much better than theirs (apparently ESPN doesn't remember our kickoff return for a TD last season on Monday Night?) We win 3/4 of the special teams requirements and should have the advantage.

Sorry for the venting, but just can't stand stupid ppl. I know some ppl might be upset about the LB ranking, but outside of Willis, their overall pass rush and coverage LBs do seem more developed than ours. I hope we prove the analysts wrong and kick some card @$$!!!!!

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming from ESPN.....that surprises you?!
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for Crazy49er1313.

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping Schefter might've been able to have somewhat of an intelligent influence, but then again they do have Keyshawn there too........

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping Schefter might've been able to have somewhat of an intelligent influence, but then again they do have Keyshawn there too........

I like John Clayton, but still...it's BSPN.

The Niners will earn respect this season!!
I just had a stark realization. When you look at this game from the point of view of one of the defenders, like say, Nate Clements...with the new coaching schemes, you may have developed a comfort level covering Larry Fitzgerald, but Whisenhunt or whoever is calling plays now, you might have no idea what kind of new routes they are running. So this game comes down to coaching...will Manusky figure out how to get to Warner? If we can keep Warner contained and under pressure, we will win.

So when you look at this game, you've got Whisenhunt's crafty playcalling versus Singletary and Raye's tough but predictable offense. Since when were the Niners a grind-it-out type of team? The Cardinals resemble classic Niners teams much more than we do. We look like the Ravens or Chiefs. It seems like that our tough team will do well in the beginning, but fade the longer our defense has to spend on the field. If we keep going three and out, it's going to be a long game indeed.
It's going to be close like it always is

and LOL at you guys who predict the scores, especially for us to lose....lend me your time machine sometime will ya's
Some highlights of last season's game vs AZ....we ran some good plays on offense!

We can win this game!

[ Edited by verb1der on Sep 9, 2009 at 20:22:27 ]
Shawntae Spencer, put your game face on.

Boldin should start Sunday

that has bad news written all over it
Share 49ersWebzone