LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I want to win so bad
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Fitzgerald is going to light Clements up like a christmas tree. I don't have a good feeling about this game at all.

yea like fitz lit him up the past 2 years...

That was before Clements was getting beat by scrubs like Kassim Osgood. If Clements can't cover those guys, just imagine what Fitz will do.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Didn't see this posted so here you go:The Cardinals worried?

Probably media ploy, but what if it is true. I did see some of there preseason games and Warner and the O didn't look sharp. Leinhart did at times, but that starting O was not sharp.

Maybe the fact that they have two brand new coordinators will contribute to discontinuity frequently felt by teams who lose their O and D coordinators. Hmmm...
maybe we can get them when they are down.

I know this team will be looking at AZ like starved wild lions seeing their first prey of the season. It has been a long Winter...

Time to eat!!!!!!

Go 49ers!

Well I hope they're still lacking that fire. But it's not like we lit it up in preseason either. game is just a couple days away
Fitzgerald is going to light Clements up like a christmas tree. I don't have a good feeling about this game at all.

That was before Clements was getting beat by scrubs like Kassim Osgood. If Clements can't cover those guys, just imagine what Fitz will do.

There are people still about that play?? Unreal.....
Originally posted by King49er:

There are people still about that play?? Unreal.....

seriously, I'm a Clements critic, but I'm not gonna define his season over pre-season play, that's just ridiculous.

He's done pretty well covering Fitzgerald, and I remember the article when Boldin admitted that Clements is the most physical corner he's ever played against.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
But seriously it was Kassim Osgood. A guy with a total of 4 catches the past 4 years.

[ Edited by Hopper on Sep 9, 2009 at 22:00:13 ]
We're going to dominate the clock and win by a TD. The Cards will never be in the game.

For the last time, can we dump this notion that Clements guards Fitzgerald.

WALT HARRIS IS THE ONE WHO COVERED FITZGERALD FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE TIME THE PAST 3 SEASONS.

I've said this from the moment it happened...losing Walt Harris was the biggest change of the offseason. He's a HUGE loss to the secondary.
Keep in mind Spencer and Fitz faced each other in practice at PIT U for three years. He knows him pretty well and his tendencies. Something to think about.
Neither Breaston nor Boldin are 100 percent going into Sundays game

Originally posted by Leathaface:

WALT HARRIS IS THE ONE WHO COVERED FITZGERALD FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE TIME THE PAST 3 SEASONS.

I've said this from the moment it happened...losing Walt Harris was the biggest change of the offseason. He's a HUGE loss to the secondary.

Okay, hold on, timeout. Walt Harris was a good solid cornerback, a veteran. He did have some absolutely horrible games (Saints game @the stick). Please don't act like he was something he's not.
hope warner throws 2 tds and 300+ yards

but we win big
For the last time, can we dump this notion that Clements guards Fitzgerald. WALT HARRIS IS THE ONE WHO COVERED FITZGERALD FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE TIME THE PAST 3 SEASONS. I've said this from the moment it happened...losing Walt Harris was the biggest change of the offseason. He's a HUGE loss to the secondary.
Okay, hold on, timeout. Walt Harris was a good solid cornerback, a veteran. He did have some absolutely horrible games (Saints game @the stick). Please don't act like he was something he's not.

he might be right actually. i seem to remember hearing something about walt being the one d-ing up on fitz before. itd make sense because nate is a better match up physically with boldin. i thought nate may have covered fitz in the mnf game though but i could be wrong.

i like our cbs matchups with their wrs, well as much as you can vs fitz, breaston, and boldin. nate vs boldin is better than nate vs fitz because boldin is the more physical of the 2. spencer is i think our tallest cb and has long arms vs the 6'4" fitz. hopefully the d holds up.

Walt Harris has been our most consistent CB since he got here. Say what you want, he played at a higher level than Nate the past 2 seasons.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
For the last time, can we dump this notion that Clements guards Fitzgerald. WALT HARRIS IS THE ONE WHO COVERED FITZGERALD FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE TIME THE PAST 3 SEASONS. I've said this from the moment it happened...losing Walt Harris was the biggest change of the offseason. He's a HUGE loss to the secondary.

he might be right actually. i seem to remember hearing something about walt being the one d-ing up on fitz before. itd make sense because nate is a better match up physically with boldin. i thought nate may have covered fitz in the mnf game though but i could be wrong.

i like our cbs matchups with their wrs, well as much as you can vs fitz, breaston, and boldin. nate vs boldin is better than nate vs fitz because boldin is the more physical of the 2. spencer is i think our tallest cb and has long arms vs the 6'4" fitz. hopefully the d holds up.

Actually, it was Donald Strickland who was on Fitz at the end of the game when we last beat them in Ariz, two years ago. I think they'll go with the committee approach on Fitz.

I hope Boldin gets introduced to Goldson early. Should be quite a collison.

I hope Beanie Wells gets introduced to Willis early. Could be the end of Wells' NFL career.

I hope whatever flavor of defense we've been hiding all preseason gets unveiled, finally, and that it includes plenty of pressure on Warner as its primary ingredient. Otherwise, it may not matter who's guarding Fitz.

I think it will start out as a close game, but I expect the Niners to OWN the fourth quarter, to just wear Arizona down as the game goes on.
Share 49ersWebzone