There are 216 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ ARIZONA GAMEDAY THREAD (Game 1)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I haven't seen it posted in this thread so I thought I'd let you all know...

WR Anquan Boldin Misses Monday Practice

Quote:
Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin missed Monday's practice because of a hamstring pull, and there was little information available about his status for Sunday's opener against the 49ers.

The Cardinals don't have to produce an injury report until Wednesday, and coach Ken Whisenhunt declined to speculate on Boldin's availability.

"We'll see," he said. "I know it's going to be tough to keep Anquan out of this game."
Boldin, who missed the final two preseason games, has gone through vigorous workouts with the team's athletic trainers.

The Cardinals are off Tuesday and resume workouts on Wednesday. That's the heaviest work day of the week, so Boldin's status that day should reveal more about the severity of the injury. Boldin was not in the locker room during media availability on Monday.

Receiver Early Doucet (ribs) was the only other player to miss Monday's practice. He is expected to be out a few weeks
It's going to be a sloppy BUT close game. -I'm not pulling the homer card but I have a gut feeling that the game will end 17-14 after a Joe Nedney field goal with 20 seconds left on the clock.

There's going to be turnovers on both sides, but I think we'll manage to take more advantage of ours than Zona's. -We're looking at an entirely different Cardinals team with Todd Haley and Clancy Pendergast missing. Specially with Billy Davis running the defense (oh man, we've seen that show before), things are going to look really bad for Arizona's backfield.

But it would be great to go without turnovers, cause turnovers were the only reason Zona really beat us last season. -So I think Gore & Coffee are going to destroy the Cards D for at least 2 quarters this Sunday (first quarter, and fourth quarter). -Just enough to win the game.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Sep 9, 2009 at 00:21:15 ]
Fore those with Directv, There is a free preview of Sunday ticket on Sunday, the 13th.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
It's going to be a sloppy BUT close game. -I'm not pulling the homer card but I have a gut feeling that the game will end 17-14 after a Joe Nedney field goal with 20 seconds left on the clock. There's going to be turnovers on both sides, but I think we'll manage to take more advantage of ours than Zona's. -We're looking at an entirely different Cardinals team with Todd Haley and Clancy Pendergast missing. Specially with Billy Davis running the defense (oh man, we've seen that show before), things are going to look really bad for Arizona's backfield. But it would be great to go without turnovers, cause turnovers were the only reason Zona really beat us last season. -So I think Gore & Coffee are going to destroy the Cards D for at least 2 quarters this Sunday (first quarter, and fourth quarter). -Just enough to win the game.

i hope youre right man. ill take a win vs the cards any win we can get it.
How banged up is Boldin??? According to CBS Sportsline, which is where I have Boldin on my fantasy team, he is questionable for Sunday.

I ask this not as a fantasy player but as a Niner fan. This would be great news for us if we can focus solely on Fitzgerald. Any ARZ Niners fans have any inside info??
  • PA_49er35
  • Info N/A
i just saw the free preview thing, but gonna miss it. gotta watch the gamecast for the first game. hopefully we pull on out and start off good! go 9ers
Anquan Boldin told FSN late Tuesday night that he "definitely" will play in the Cardinals' opener against San Francisco.
It's unclear if "Q" practiced Wednesday, but he's often limited in workouts throughout the week then starts games. We'll have another update later.

from rotoworld.

Looks like Spencer will have a challenge in his first start in long time.

Shut him down Shawntae!
Hoping for a win in the desert and Kurt Warner to see stars after a big hit from someone.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
On one hand I wanna say the 49ers don't have a chance simply because the Cards are a more talented football team, but they ALWAYS play them close.
From MM's twitter

For the first time ever this season, the 49ers are closing Wednesday practices to the local media. Thankfully, I have a mole . . . who's supplied me with the script of the first five plays of practice: Run, run, pass, run, pass. O.C. Jimmy Raye on pace to run 60%

WTF? So practice is closed to the media so they don't leak info to the opposing team so MM gets a mole and then leaks info? This seems like a serious slip in judgment from Matt.

Safety Michael Lewis is medically cleared and will start for 49ers on Sunday.

matt m twittter
Didn't see this posted so here you go:The Cardinals worried?

Probably media ploy, but what if it is true. I did see some of there preseason games and Warner and the O didn't look sharp. Leinhart did at times, but that starting O was not sharp.

Maybe the fact that they have two brand new coordinators will contribute to discontinuity frequently felt by teams who lose their O and D coordinators. Hmmm...
maybe we can get them when they are down.

I know this team will be looking at AZ like starved wild lions seeing their first prey of the season. It has been a long Winter...

Time to eat!!!!!!

Go 49ers!
Anquan Boldin (hamstring) was held out of Cardinals practice Wednesday.
Wednesday is typically a big game-planning day for the Cards, but they aren't taking any chances with Boldin. His absence was likely precautionary.

from rotoworld

Hmm, even if he plays this is still good news.
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
Anquan Boldin (hamstring) was held out of Cardinals practice Wednesday.
Wednesday is typically a big game-planning day for the Cards, but they aren't taking any chances with Boldin. His absence was likely precautionary.

from rotoworld

Hmm, even if he plays this is still good news.

I think he needs to sit this one out
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Safety Michael Lewis is medically cleared and will start for 49ers on Sunday.

matt m twittter

until he lays his first hit and gets all whoozie and has to sit the rest of the game
Share 49ersWebzone